Check your account email address ×

Anyone here, RICH???

40 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Years ago a former girlfriend won after taxes 6.8 million in the lottery, she kept working.

I think about if I won the lottery and honestly I don't think I would tell anybody. I wouldn't want anyone to treat me any differently. And I think you also become a mark for a lot of unscrupulous people. There are lots of ways winning the lottery can actually ruin your life. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I think about if I won the lottery and honestly I don't think I would tell anybody. I wouldn't want anyone to treat me any differently. And I think you also become a mark for a lot of unscrupulous people. There are lots of ways winning the lottery can actually ruin your life. 

A woman I went to school with won +/- $750,000 she ended up getting divorced cause of the issues it caused.

43 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Depends how much you win, I think 25 mil would be nice as it wouldn't change my life to much, now when you get into those nine figure jackpot pots it's a BALLER life for sure.

27 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

A woman I went to school with won +/- $750,000 she ended up getting divorced cause of the issues it caused.

I've known a couple people who won, nothing crazy like $100 mil + or anything. One girl I grew up with her family won about $3 mil. Didn't change them as her dad was a doctor. :lol:

Another guy won about $2.7 mil. Quit his job, went on a gambling/drug/alcohol binge for 2 years and was back working after 2 years. Oh he lost everything he had before he won too. 

Another couple won about $12 mil and immediately got divorced. The wife turned into a who're and some dude conned her out of all her money. The husband didn't change anything and kept working. He still lives in the same house. Haven't talked to him in probably 10 years tho. 

Another guy I used to work with won just over $3 mil. His wife was a whore before they won but she stepped up her game big time after that. They got divorced and he kept working. He had a heart attack and died on a job site. Bitch got his pension and all the money too. We say he died of a broken heart. He really loved that filthy whore. I wanted to punch her in the face at his wake. 

1 hour ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I've known a couple people who won, nothing crazy like $100 mil + or anything. One girl I grew up with her family won about $3 mil. Didn't change them as her dad was a doctor. :lol:

Another guy won about $2.7 mil. Quit his job, went on a gambling/drug/alcohol binge for 2 years and was back working after 2 years. Oh he lost everything he had before he won too. 

Another couple won about $12 mil and immediately got divorced. The wife turned into a who're and some dude conned her out of all her money. The husband didn't change anything and kept working. He still lives in the same house. Haven't talked to him in probably 10 years tho. 

Another guy I used to work with won just over $3 mil. His wife was a whore before they won but she stepped up her game big time after that. They got divorced and he kept working. He had a heart attack and died on a job site. Bitch got his pension and all the money too. We say he died of a broken heart. He really loved that filthy whore. I wanted to punch her in the face at his wake. 

It seems that divorce is a common thing that is brought up in here and the retirement thread. 

2 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I don't really care because I rarely play, but I think it MN, you have to claim the ticket in person for a press conference.  I'm not sure if there is a way to claim it anonymously.  

Either way, we talked about it like 5 minutes at my house.  If we would win, we get shit straight, claim the ticket, and just disappear for a month or more.  Fuck the jobs, the house, the cars, etc.  We would stay in Europe for like a month and let stuff die down a bit while we would figure shit out.  

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I don't really care because I rarely play, but I think it MN, you have to claim the ticket in person for a press conference.  I'm not sure if there is a way to claim it anonymously.  

Either way, we talked about it like 5 minutes at my house.  If we would win, we get shit straight, claim the ticket, and just disappear for a month or more.  Fuck the jobs, the house, the cars, etc.  We would stay in Europe for like a month and let stuff die down a bit while we would figure shit out.  

I kinda think you'd have to figure shit out before you claim it. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

That lady out East I don't think even talked to a lawyer or accountant before she claimed her 9 figure win.  

I'm more referring to WTF we'd do with jobs, house, etc. type of figuring shit out.  Not stuff like lump sum vs. 20 year payout, etc.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

That lady out East I don't think even talked to a lawyer or accountant before she claimed her 9 figure win.  

I'm more referring to WTF we'd do with jobs, house, etc. type of figuring shit out.  Not stuff like lump sum vs. 20 year payout, etc.

Oh yeah. I'd be more worries about my kids becoming spoiled little faggots. They still need to go to school and work. 

I know I'd have at least 1 new sled every year. :bc:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, polaris550 said:

It is now 2.4 million dollars net worth to be considered rich/wealthy in the USA. 

Anybody here qualify???? 

Hmm... I don't know what the threshold would be here in Canada. If that net worth is you and your wife then we may qualify. As for the lottery we play regularly but have never won anything better than $1000.00. The good part about the lottery here is it's all tax free.

Edited by 02sled

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Hmm... I don't know what the threshold would be here in Canada. If that net worth is you and your wife then we may qualify. As for the lottery we play regularly but have never won anything better than $1000.00. The good part about the lottery here is it's all tax free.

Congrats, do you feel rich?

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

In Canada its 48.9 million.....because nook peso 

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I worked for the lotto yrs and yrs ago . started before they were even selling tix installing printers all around the state .. well any way you do have to to transaction in person . but you do not have to have any press or fan fair  , the marketing dept pushes hard for it but cant make you . but it is public record who wins and that can not be sealed . best way to do it is   clamed in a trust harder for people to find out who owns the trust . I saw a few people come in with just lawyers and accountants no press.

ok new story .

yrs ago 80s a local Cadillac dealer "Long" was busted laundering gang drug cash through the dealer with some car shit .

any way some one had to take the fall . long story short a bud I had his dad was a sale guy and he got a big payday to take the fall . 3 yrs later he gets out is on supervised probation he should have no cash government seized his assets . fucker wins like 200k 2 weeks out so now he can freely spend his payoff money with out suspicion .

like I said it has been yrs but most smart looking people would walk in with lawyers . the others had the whole extended family with full press conference you just could see the money being pissed away before they left the room

32 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Congrats, do you feel rich?

Nope.... sure don't feel rich... it's just a number and I don't believe it is a realistic threshold. With people having a Toronto home at $1M or possibly more and perhaps a cottage, vehicles, toys, investments and perhaps own a business it doesn't seem like that high of a threshold.

Now think back to the Bare Naked Ladies song... If I Had a Million Dollars

Oh yeah. I'd be more worries about my kids becoming spoiled little faggots. They still need to go to school and work. 

I know I'd have at least 1 new sled every year. :bc:

hell I have a few buds who won the natural lotto . what a life none have gotten past the non stop party . looks ok from a quick glimpse in with the new trucks new sleds all the houses  all the free time but every one is  depressed . pretty much life has no meaning if all you do is drink smoke play and watch tv .cant believe any thing any woman says to you when in that position .

honestly fun having them as buds but I would not swap places

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Nope.... sure don't feel rich... it's just a number and I don't believe it is a realistic threshold. With people having a Toronto home at $1M or possibly more and perhaps a cottage, vehicles, toys, investments and perhaps own a business it doesn't seem like that high of a threshold.

Now think back to the Bare Naked Ladies song... If I Had a Million Dollars

I think if the majority of that is your home then it doesn't really mean all that much.  Now if thats 2.4 mil invested earning 10% a year then its working for you and doing pretty good.  If its spinning its wheels at 3% its actually losing value every year and doing fuck all.