Check your account email address ×

Woody Woodpecker has to go. Anyone have ideas?

Kivalo

22 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

A woodpecker is pecking my siding. How can I get rid of the little bastard?

Kill four liberals.  Or three if they are holding a sign of some sort.  Quarter them up and remove the head and hands.  Put parts in a heavy duty handle tie trash bags so you have something you can grip, and throw out of the truck along the highway at night.  Burn the heads and hands and bury.

I hope this helps.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

What should worry you is that the only reason a wood pecker would be at your house would be to get bugs like Carpenter ants or termites.

Not all woodpeckers are smart. Throughout the summer we would hear something banging on metal from time to time. We finally spotted what it was. A woodpecker banging away at the steel fender on our boat trailer. I read somewhere that it is part of being territorial for a woodpecker in that the one which makes the most noise is dominant in that area.

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

LMAO!!! A woodpecker pecking at a peckerhead's house!!!! LMMFAO!!! 

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Not all woodpeckers are smart. Throughout the summer we would hear something banging on metal from time to time. We finally spotted what it was. A woodpecker banging away at the steel fender on our boat trailer. I read somewhere that it is part of being territorial for a woodpecker in that the one which makes the most noise is dominant in that area.

Sounds like a trump follower. 

38 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

What should worry you is that the only reason a wood pecker would be at your house would be to get bugs like Carpenter ants or termites.

And carpenter bees. They love em.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/wp_about/insects.html

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
38 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Its a vacant house so you are likely on to something.

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

A large drink of your choice, a lawn chair, and a pellet gun.

43 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

So this is what an exterminator told me when I had a bunch evicted the first year we lived in our house.  They'll fly down and peck around to see whats up, and if they hear shit crawling around, off to the races they go for lunch.  If they hear it is hollow and has potential to be a home, away they go to build themselves a home.  

I had big problems with a protected pecker. DNR told me to hang pie pans on fishing line. It worked great.  I had a problem again and used Coors Light cans on a fishing line. The don't like shining things that spin?

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

he is only pecking your siding because you have bug living in the siding . prob rot under the siding where they are living . endless battle until you fix the root of the issue . start by killing the bugs  

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

this is also true I have 1 that bangs on the top of my steel chimney at the cabin same time every day . that is diff though when they are making holes in a house it is for bugs  

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

These are the fucks I can't shoot.

I have 3 at my house that come to the pecker log every night . and 1 that comes from time to time at the cabin . that video dose not do them justice to how large they really are

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I have 3 at my house that come to the pecker log every night . and 1 that comes from time to time at the cabin . that video dose not do them justice to how large they really are

Three foot wing span. They cut trees in half.