Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Looks like the point.  Nice.  :bc:

Neal

Mostly the flat. Started as 12lb packer, but they fucked up bad butchering it. The point had 2 long slices in it, and was pretty much a couple flaps of meat. Salvaged what I could too make some burnt ends.

Did up some scrap pork butt trimmings, country rib style.

Base layer of honey for the binder.  Chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and brown sugar for seasonings.  250 in the Camp Chef with mixed blend pellets.

Seasoned and laid out on the grill mat:

2018cstyle1.jpg

Finished up and a few nibbled on....

2018cstyle2.jpg

Nice jerkyed bark, sweet with some heat and smokey. :bc:

Neal

• Like 4

Did up some more of these fantastic loinback ribs.

Split the rack in half, as I like a little more heat than the ol' lady.  Base of olive oil and Sriracha.  Next was the cyanne pepper, smoked paprika and then a genetic sweet and smoky rub.  Topped off with a sprinkle of granulated sugar.

2018loinribs1.jpg

The boy helping integrate the rub.

2018loinribs2.jpg

Popped in the smoker with the gill mat down and using the rib rack.  250* with a blended pellet mix.

2018loinribs3.jpg

Finished product. Tres magnifique!

2018loinribs4.jpg

:bc:

Neal

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Split the rack in half, as I like a little more heat than the ol' lady.  Base of olive oil and Sriracha.  Next was the cyanne pepper, smoked paprika and then a genetic sweet and smoky rub.  Topped off with a sprinkle of granulated sugar.

2018loinribs1.jpg

2018loinribs2.jpg

Popped in the smoker with the gill mat down and using the rib rack.  250* with a blended pellet mix.

2018loinribs3.jpg

2018loinribs4.jpg

Neal

Looks good :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

2018loinribs1.jpg

2018loinribs2.jpg

2018loinribs3.jpg

2018loinribs4.jpg

Neal

So you don't wrap the ribs at any point? You just use the rack?

I usually do the 3-2-1. Although the last ribs I went 4-3-1 as I found they weren't cooking long enough. Turned out much better.

I rubbed down a 9 lbs butt tonight. Throwing it on in the morning. Mom is coming for dinner tomorrow night.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I usually do the 3-2-1. Although the last ribs I went 4-3-1 as I found they weren't cooking long enough. Turned out much better.

I rubbed down a 9 lbs butt tonight. Throwing it on in the morning. Mom is coming for dinner tomorrow night.

What temp are you cooking at? That's a long time for ribs.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't normally wrap the ribs, these loin backs take right at 5 hours.  Very tender, the last two bones on the longer rack actually separated as I lifted them out of the rack, as they caught on it.

I still have about 4# of pulled from the last butt I smoked, in the freezer.  Sandwiches for dinner!

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member

Smoking a couple bread and butter roasts today.   Beautifully marbled.   Should make for some delicious sandwiches on toasted pretzel buns.  

• Like 2