Check your account email address ×

New track for trail riders

Edmo

Camso storm 150

The next-generation of snowmobile trail track has arrived with the Camso Storm 150.

Designed for modern rider-forward snowmobiles, it is capable of breathtaking acceleration on-trail, excellent flotation off-trail and crisp control in all conditions.

High performance trail riders tend to migrate towards deeper lug tracks in an effort to get better acceleration, traction and control, while still being able to venture into deep snow. But the deeper lugs often result in a need for greater throttle input and a reduction in rider comfort. The Camso Storm 150 provides an innovative solution to push riders to a new height of performance.

The Camso Storm 150 gives riders the best of both worlds:

• 1.5-inch cup-shaped center lugs provide acceleration on packed trails and bite hard in soft, loose snow conditions.
  • 1.25-inch outer lugs provide power and control through the tightest turns by improving tail slide capacity. It also maintains ground contact during pitch turns. 
  • Optimized support columns give the right balance of lug rigidity and flex for excellent all-round performance. 

The result is the first two-lug height trail track of its kind, available in 120, 129, 137 and 146 inch lengths.

As well, the trail track’s design symmetry and profile geometry make the snowmobile feel more firmly planted to the trail for better handling even at high speeds, while at the same time significantly reducing noise compared to many other trail tracks.

Camso co-developed the design with the help of Polaris, long-time partner and customer of Camso. Further feedback provided by Polaris on the performance characteristics of the track allowed to further improve the Storm 150’s features. The result is an innovative new trail track that provides all-out acceleration and agility, whether the rider chooses to tear up trails or carve through fresh powder. The Camso Storm 150 will be making its first public appearance at HayDays, the world’s biggest snowmobile and ATV event in the world, in North Branch, Minnesota on September 9 and 10 (booth AD0-AD1). It will be available to purchase this fall through Camso’s established network of powersports dealers worldwide.

27C3B515-CB94-48B8-846B-15029C2162DE.png

Edited by Edmo
  • Like 1

The only thing I disliked about the cobra was the soft rubber compound. Seemed to be heavily worn at 4K on my doo. I hope this is more like the rip2 with harder rubber. I will check them out at the sled show soon enough.

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Anler said:

Funny the track lugs get taller and the snow fall is getting lesser. I remember when a 1" track was the shit. 

You wouldn't believe where we use to get to on 121" 5/8 or 3/4" lugged tracked 700 Wildcats out west.  

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You wouldn't believe where we use to get to on 121" 5/8 or 3/4" lugged tracked 700 Wildcats out west.  

Oh sure, thats all we had back then. I remember when I tore my old doo .75" track and got a brand spanking new .88"! Fuck man I was going to climb 90 degrees with that bitch on! :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

Oh sure, thats all we had back then. I remember when I tore my old doo .75" track and got a brand spanking new .88"! Fuck man I was going to climb 90 degrees with that bitch on! :lol: 

:lol:   My 96 670 Summit was something to behold in its day.   I'll never forget the first trip out west with it.  The previous year I had a 95 Mach Z.   The F2000 chassis was officially the worst deep snow chassis of all time.   Everything about that sled said trench from the steep belly pan up front to the congested rear suspension to the short lug track.   Would go "ok" in a track but damn that was awful in powder.   We storm chased a huge snow before xmas that year so nothing was set up.   Never been stuck so much in my fucking life.   Took us an hour to get that and a Formula Z out of a meadow.  

I remember my buddy flipping his track on his 90’s skidoo and running it backwards. It actually worked better that way. :lol: 

Just now, Edmo said:

I remember my buddy flipping his track on his 90’s skidoo and running it backwards. It actually worked better that way. :lol: 

We did that a lot before studding.   Kawasaki's I think did it from the factory.   Funny how tracks breaking were always thought of one of the main reasons they pulled out of sleds.  

Edited by Highmark

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   My 96 670 Summit was something to behold in its day.   I'll never forget the first trip out west with it.  The previous year I had a 95 Mach Z.   The F2000 chassis was officially the worst deep snow chassis of all time.   Everything about that sled said trench from the steep belly pan up front to the congested rear suspension to the short lug track.   Would go "ok" in a track but damn that was awful in powder.   We storm chased a huge snow before xmas that year so nothing was set up.   Never been stuck so much in my fucking life.   Took us an hour to get that and a Formula Z out of a meadow.  

I had a 95 mach 1 for a season. Fucking hated that thing. Threw my shoulder out a couple times trying to start that pig. I seemed to always have fuel issues with it. Got a buddy of mine to buy it and he quickly blew it up. Best thing that could have happened to him with that sled. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

The only thing I disliked about the cobra was the soft rubber compound. Seemed to be heavily worn at 4K on my doo. I hope this is more like the rip2 with harder rubber. I will check them out at the sled show soon enough.

I'll have to check this one out at Novi as well.   Was going to buy another RS2 1.50" for the TNT Renegade, but will definitely look at this one and see how the lugs compare to the RS2 1.50"

The fucks Trail riding mountain sleds is astonishing. I'm not talking about jumping on the trail to get to a play area,because we do that. :bashhead: it's there money so let them think their cool and move on .:lol2:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The fucks Trail riding mountain sleds is astonishing. I'm not talking about jumping on the trail to get to a play area,because we do that. :bashhead: it's there money so let them think their cool and move on .:lol2:

:talkingtome:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Certainly is a head scratcher to me, but that goes for lot of things these days.  

5 hours ago, Edmo said:

Kawasaki Interceptors came that way from the factory.

29 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Sleds are tanks today. In the 70’s you only needed a 3/4” lug cause the sled weighed 400 lbs or less.

My sled has 8x the hp and weighs 430lbs. Sleds are not tanks today. They are tech wonders compared to what the 70s had

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Anler said:

Funny the track lugs get taller and the snow fall is getting lesser. I remember when a 1" track was the shit. 

how about  a 3/4" which I think my invader had.....  maybe it was 5/8"  lol 

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

My sled has 8x the hp and weighs 430lbs. Sleds are not tanks today. They are tech wonders compared to what the 70s had

480 hp?

oh and a bellypan on a 71 Lynx is better designed for deep snow than any 2018 model

Edited by Mainecat

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

480 hp?

oh and a bellypan on a 71 Lynx is better designed for deep snow than any 2018 model

No way the 400lb average hp sled in the 70s was 60hp....more like 20-30

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No way the 400lb average hp sled in the 70s was 60hp....more like 20-30

My 1973 dyno'd 48HP stock and 54hp after mods, the owner of MW Marine near where I lived was my neighbor and they owned the Dyno.

Obtw, I weigh sleds for free here, shocking how heavy sleds are, lightest one recently was a Yami Phazer at 566LBs. Apex was 658.

Edited by XCR1250

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Mine dyno'd 48HP stock and 54hp after mods, the owner of MW Marine near where I lived was my neighbor and they owned the Dyno.

certainly not the average 340 fanner