Check your account email address ×

New track for trail riders

Edmo

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Obtw, I weigh sleds for free here, shocking how heavy sleds are, lightest one recently was a Yami Phazer at 566LBs. Apex was 658.

wet weights obviously .....the new polaris sleds are very light....amazingly so actually 

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

wet weights obviously .....the new polaris sleds are very light....amazingly so actually 

I had an early build etec 600 that was around 415 dry. You can really feel the difference compared to a 500 plus lb sled.

Edited by Edmo

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Bring 1, I'll weigh it.. These are Nascar scales from Intercomp, extremely accurate that I use them for UPS shipping weights, will weigh up to 6000lbs..

Checked out this track at the Hdays show.  Ended up talking to one of the engineers that worked on the development.  Surprising feature is the cornering ability.  It is a much more comfortable cornering track while maintaining straight line acceleration.  Top end is not improved, but mid range acceleration is better.  Lugs hold up better than the Cobra, but cupping and mixed softer lugs with give some of the ride character of the Cobra.  The track is not recommended for heavy applications of screw in studs.

• Like 1

the new axys is about as light as the lightest 08 doo .....difference is the polaris is tougher than a mack truck and the skidoo would crumple if you looked at it sideways 

First, dealer installed the taller riser, wire rubbed and it just shut off on me in the middle of nowhere in the UP. Second, after my driveshaft update the dealer forgot to put chaincase oil back in. Stretched the chain so bad and so fast it stopped being able to pull itself first trip out. Then I destroyed the rear axle on it. At the 3300 mile mark the engine decided to rip itself to pieces. Wasn’t sad to see that one go.

5 hours ago, Edmo said:

I had an early build etec 600 that was around 415 dry. You can really feel the difference compared to a 500 plus lb sled.

My sons '12 TNT 600 is listed at 408# dry. Moves out pretty damn good for a little 600