Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Good Sunday morning generation.  Currently 10f and sunny.  More closings effective today in VT. All barbershop's, hair salon's, tattoo parlors  and guys must close. 

2 days ago I went thru a town and all hair salons were open. I thought that was pretty stupid too see 10 inches away from someone who comes in contact with 25 people a day. About time.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

2 days ago I went thru a town and all hair salons were open. I thought that was pretty stupid too see 10 inches away from someone who comes in contact with 25 people a day. About time.

The feds really need to just shut everything down at once nationwide and get it over with. It's a mess the way each state the way each state is doing something different. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

The feds really need to just shut everything down at once nationwide and get it over with. It's a mess the way each state the way each state is doing something different. 

It needs to happen , just get it over with.

Was 33* and about 2" of snow on the ground..I was hoping I was done wiping the dogs feet when he comes in from outside..:wall:

• Like 1

We are getting a skiff of snow today and it should be gone by tomorrow. We are in single digit plus temps for this week and low single digit minuses at night for the next couple weeks. We still have over a foot of frozen snow/ice on the lawns here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

We are getting a skiff of snow today and it should be gone by tomorrow. We are in single digit plus temps for this week and low single digit minuses at night for the next couple weeks. We still have over a foot of frozen snow/ice on the lawns here

Surprising to see the snow on the ground when I woke an hour ago. Didn't know they were calling for it but everything is covered and it's still coming down. My young lad wanted his snowies off last week but I told him not for another couple weeks. I think he thought I was just being difficult and didn't want to change them out? I'm sure when he sees all the snow when he wakes, he'll be thinking, damn, dad was right again. :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, irv said:

Surprising to see the snow on the ground when I woke an hour ago. Didn't know they were calling for it but everything is covered and it's still coming down. My young lad wanted his snowies off last week but I told him not for another couple weeks. I think he thought I was just being difficult and didn't want to change them out? I'm sure when he sees all the snow when he wakes, he'll be thinking, damn, dad was right again. :lol:

We need a slow meltdown up here with all the snow still around or there could be flooding

Just now, smokin george said:

We need a slow meltdown up here with all the snow still around or there could be flooding

I was wondering about that? A friend was at our park last week just for a looksee, and from the pics, you could tell the water/ice was quite high. They let tons of water out at the end of the summer and I was concerned about getting my boat off the lift but when we went up a couple weekends later to remove the docks/lifts and winterize the trailer, it had come way back up. By the looks of those pics from a week ago, it looks like they didn't let anymore out. :wall:

Hoping for a slow melt up there as well as I don't want to relive this again! 

5.jpg

18.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 2

I usually watch the level at the top end of Shadow lk to see where it's at. Last time I looked it was pretty high. Last year the Burnt river was the highest it has ever been. It rose 9-10 feet when the meltdown started. We were at my buddies place on a Sat last spring on the Burnt and there was 2ft on the road and overnight it rose another 2ft and they couldn't get out for a week

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

ham and swiss on rye

With mustard? 

I'm not sure if it is a regional thing, any of you  use butter on your ham &cheese samwich? 

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

With mustard? 

I'm not sure if it is a regional thing, any of you  use butter on your ham &cheese samwich? 

come to think of it, My grandmother use to do that. its good.

40 minutes ago, ckf said:

With mustard? 

only if toasting it,  yellow mustard on it for the most part if i am toasting it in the fry pan.   Mayo if not.  

Butter on turkey sandwiches growing up but now i move to mustard and mayo on them

• Like 1