Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Same here. About time we got a solid week of nice weather!

Today is the one day this week that we are supposed to have wall to wall sunshine. Yesterday was cool and cloudy  :(

when i was leaving the house the kid had an appointment this morning and was putting the doors back on the jeep as it was chilly this am but suppossed to get warmer and it's sunny.  pollen everywhere is disgusting as well i could not take it and ran the car through the wash yesterday after i decided we weren't going to get anymore rain.   

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

when i was leaving the house the kid had an appointment this morning and was putting the doors back on the jeep as it was chilly this am but suppossed to get warmer and it's sunny.  pollen everywhere is disgusting as well i could not take it and ran the car through the wash yesterday after i decided we weren't going to get anymore rain.   

The tree cum does get kinda gross.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:23 PM, ckf said:

I don't even own a crockpot.  @01mxz800  was going to send me one as a joke but my PayPal invoices don't show m,y address. That would have been almost as funny as Huizy paying a bet with glued coins :lol:

but I gleaned your address from the "contributing members" so you never know what might show up from NY:thumb:

• Haha 2

Morning-

63 / 54 and clear.  Bit of rain overnight and it's looking nice for the day / weekend.  Heading North for the first time this year around 11.  Lot and lots of work to get done in 3-4 days but hope to cast a line or 2 with Drew.   :bc: 

• Like 1

So one of My worst days in my career today. I got that call when you have to pull off the high way and just deal with it. So when they hire first year apprentice I’m one of the guys that they send them to. We weed through them to see if they are keepers. A few years ago we hired a few new guys. A month after the hire, one the young bucks lost one of his 4 year old twins in a horrific car wreck. The two of us always clicked. When he was ready to come back to work, the boss put him with me and told me to keep him busy. Make sure he got his 40 even if he worked 30. I cut the apron strings about a year ago,because the guy does great work and doesn’t need to be held anymore. He was working with a co worker today. The fan was locked out. He was about 10’ up, checking the fan? The fan spun and turned half his hand into hamburger meat. Why do the great guys get hurt on jobs? The fucks that fuck up left and right,always go home? At the end of the day, there was mechanical stored energy in the fan and he shouldn’t have had his hand in there. Really doesn’t mater at this point,he is looking at 5 surgeries on his hand? He already had two today.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

So one of My worst days in my career today. I got that call when you have to pull off the high way and just deal with it. So when they hire first year apprentice I’m one of the guys that they send them to. We weed through them to see if they are keepers. A few years ago we hired a few new guys. A month after the hire, one the young bucks lost one of his 4 year old twins in a horrific car wreck. The two of us always clicked. When he was ready to come back to work, the boss put him with me and told me to keep him busy. Make sure he got his 40 even if he worked 30. I cut the apron strings about a year ago,because the guy does great work and doesn’t need to be held anymore. He was working with a co worker today. The fan was locked out. He was about 10’ up, checking the fan? The fan spun and turned half his hand into hamburger meat. Why do the great guys get hurt on jobs? The fucks that fuck up left and right,always go home? At the end of the day, there was mechanical stored energy in the fan and he shouldn’t have had his hand in there. Really doesn’t mater at this point,he is looking at 5 surgeries on his hand? He already had two today.

Only the good die young. Nice guys finish last. Life's a bitch, then you marry one and wait for death. It's the song of our people. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

:saluting:

• Like 2

On a lighter note: forget cats and dogs, it's raining lions and wolves over here. Lots of awesome thunder lightning and hurricane style precipitation. Anyone else? @steve from amherst @Angry ginger @Polaris 550  @Mainecat anyone else that I forgot in the 603?

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

16 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Jesus, dude...that sucks.  I hope he can recover as well as expected.  There’s no rhyme or reason or any grand plan for anything.  What happens is just random luck of the draw.  Many of us should have been dead or mangled up many times and Instead, Mr. “play it smart and safe” loses his life/legs/arms, etc. This is the fucking world we share.  Take all the wins you can!

:bc:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

On a lighter note: forget cats and dogs, it's raining lions and wolves over here. Lots of awesome thunder lightning and hurricane style precipitation. Anyone else? @steve from amherst @Angry ginger @Polaris 550  @Mainecat anyone else that I forgot in the 603?

We had a good downpour last night, but no close lightning storms.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone. Currently cloudy and 51° to kickoff this Friday before the holiday weekend. We have a split forecast with decent weather predicted for Saturday and Monday with rain on Sunday.

7 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I never even saw the rain last night

26 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I never even saw the rain last night

It was coming down here, like mother nature was pressure washing my deck. One less chore for the weekend! :rockernana:

Gotta get a fresh coat of something on it this spring. Last year? I did the Thompson's water seal, excellent water repelling properties, but it made the boards slippery when wet and didn't last long. It's cedar planks BTW.

What are y'all using or recommendations?

10 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

It was coming down here, like mother nature was pressure washing my deck. One less chore for the weekend! :rockernana:

Gotta get a fresh coat of something on it this spring. Last year? I did the Thompson's water seal, excellent water repelling properties, but it made the boards slippery when wet and didn't last long. It's cedar planks BTW.

What are y'all using or recommendations?

That stuff will be a bitch to get off. It has wax in it.

18 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That stuff will be a bitch to get off. It has wax in it.

It's already off. They may have different versions? The one I applied was just a clear olive oil consistency type in a metal can. It seemed to have washed itself off after a season or two. I like the natural wood look, not painted. The current condition of the cedar appears to be dry, and unfinished again, like new but obvious fading from UV.

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

12 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

It's already off. They may have different versions? The one I applied was just a clear olive oil consistency type in a metal can. It seemed to have washed itself off after a season or two. I like the natural wood look, not painted. The current condition of the cedar appears to be dry, and unfinished again, like new but obvious fading from UV.

When I used to help my buddy part time I think he was using Sikkens deck stain.  That was 10-15 years ago though. Man, time flies.

• Like 1