Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Just now, awful knawful said:

What's a boat like that cost?

They tow them on an angle because of width?

The boats on angle are typically 11'6" wide.  They pull them onto the trailer and secure them down then the hydraulics on the trailer tilt them up like that so they can stay within the 102" max width.  The top 3 boats are just pleasure boats and they start about $1mill to $1.5mill.  The Amsoil boat is a full on Race boat and it's several million for sure.  Those pleasure boats typically have a pair of the new Mercury Racing Dual Cal 1550HP or 1750HP set ups.  The Dual Cal engine/outdrive packages go for about $200k each.  The Amsoil boat has way more HP and it surely cost $5mill to build.  

Those top 3 pleasure boats will run about 145-150mph across the water.  I don't know how fast the Amsoil boat is.  

MR_1750hp_800.png

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

The boats on angle are typically 11'6" wide.  They pull them onto the trailer and secure them down then the hydraulics on the trailer tilt them up like that so they can stay within the 102" max width.  The top 3 boats are just pleasure boats and they start about $1mill to $1.5mill.  The Amsoil boat is a full on Race boat and it's several million for sure.  Those pleasure boats typically have a pair of the new Mercury Racing Dual Cal 1550HP or 1750HP set ups.  The Dual Cal engine/outdrive packages go for about $200k each.  The Amsoil boat has way more HP and it surely cost $5mill to build.  

Those top 3 pleasure boats will run about 145-150mph across the water.  I don't know how fast the Amsoil boat is.  

MR_1750hp_800.png

Wow. Thanks

$200k an engine......

Outta my league.

53 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

This one is currently getting refurbished in my town for use on the big lakes.

Wow, that was a bad crash.  Wonder how the driver and co-driver made out.  

Wind and water conditions don't seem to be an issue.  I would figure they would know how far to trim out before the boat looses stability.  Actually I'm surprised the boat will let the driver over trim in a situation like that.  

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wind and water conditions don't seem to be an issue.  I would figure they would know how far to trim out before the boat looses stability.  Actually I'm surprised the boat will let the driver over trim in a situation like that.  

Fatality although Im not sure if both or just one died.

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Mike Fiore passed away in that crash.  Not sure about the driver.  

12 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

You 2 gonna be the undercard on the Rhinelander tarmac ??  :lol:    :bc:

The bout has been called off due to lack of Interest. However, if AMG wants to show up, Snacks and the Gnome will double team that bitch into submission. 

Should be fun. :bc: 

• Haha 1