Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Calculate daily due to northward drift?

Neal

Not necessarily. We use drift in terms of it's rate, we call it variation when we use use it for navigation. It jas different values depending on our glodal location. We use variation to calculate our magnetic course and then correct for deviation relative to our ship for our course PSC or we can reverse that for course True. So its related to drift for sure but technically we are after something else.

7 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Not necessarily. We use drift in terms of it's rate, we call it variation when we use use it for navigation. It jas different values depending on our glodal location. We use variation to calculate our magnetic course and then correct for deviation relative to our ship for our course PSC or we can reverse that for course True. So its related to drift for sure but technically we are after something else.

Just put a way point in the Garmin...  :lol:

Neal

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I love peach cobbler. Hell maybe even throw on some Allman brothers while eating some.

56 and fucking raining. There are a lot of these a man can hate. But when one sells fake rain , real rain is at the top of the list.

• Like 1

Morning

36 / 30 and clear.  Cleaning the house and then therapy at 9.  Come home and finish cleaning.  Scored on laundry detergent and fabric / dryer sheets yesterday afternoon.  Tide with bounty regular is 12$ -  Close out 6$ so I grabbed what was left (5) ...  Bounce dryer sheets 80 count regular is 6$ - Close out 2.49$ so I grabbed what was left (8)  Happy wife   :bc: 

Peach cob is great.  Had some 2 nights ago, warmed up with vanilla ice cream. 

52 minutes ago, jammin said:

Morning

36 / 30 and clear.  Cleaning the house and then therapy at 9.  Come home and finish cleaning.  Scored on laundry detergent and fabric / dryer sheets yesterday afternoon.  Tide with bounty regular is 12$ -  Close out 6$ so I grabbed what was left (5) ...  Bounce dryer sheets 80 count regular is 6$ - Close out 2.49$ so I grabbed what was left (8)  Happy wife   :bc: 

Peach cob is great.  Had some 2 nights ago, warmed up with vanilla ice cream. 

I'm a wicked frugal shopper. I hate doing it, but Wally World is the place to shop around here. The other grocery stores aren't even close in pricing.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm a wicked frugal shopper. I hate doing it, but Wally World is the place to shop around here. The other grocery stores aren't even close in pricing.

Same.  This deal was at our new Metro Market.  Unheard of price wise.  Same stuff at Wally was 12$.    All about timing I guess when they "discount / discontinue items was there around 3pm.  I never felt so good buying laundry stuff   :lol:    I also payed it forward.  An older guy was in front of me and his card kept getting declined.  I asked the gal what the total was and she said 12.78 so I handed her a 20$.  He smiled and said thank you.   

• Like 2

I have to drop the wife off at the SIL house today. My BIL is taking them on a cruise and their flight is at 6am tomorrow. Will have to work bankers hours to get my daughter to and from school this week. I love peach cobbler by the way. I will have to go look for some. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jammin said:

An older guy was in front of me and his card kept getting declined.  I asked the gal what the total was and she said 12.78 so I handed her a 20$.  He smiled and said thank you.   

That's awesome! I did that a few weeks ago to an older woman buying dog food. Really makes you feel good, seeing how much you just made their day. She kept insisting I give her my address so she could mail me a check, but I refused. 

:saluting:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Morning-

36 / 29 and cloudy.  Snow / ice mix for the day..... fucking great.  Wife used the traction device for 15 min or so yesterday afternoon and if worked as advertised.  She was tired after from the relief, brushed her teeth and went to bed.  That was around 4:30.  She slept decent for the 1st time in a month.    Might head over to YS's to wash the sleds and then watch the Bucks VS Detroit at 6.   :bc:    P.S -----   National Reach as High as You Can Day dwarfs fucking pecan day.... what the flying fuck @ckf   :flush:     :bigfinger:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jammin said:

Neal job IS a vacation.  Dudes got it made in the shade.

I can't remember exactly what it is that he does. Is it setting up and of the cables and gear before the event, and then working in the control room for the event?

19 hours ago, ckf said:

I can't remember exactly what it is that he does. Is it setting up and of the cables and gear before the event, and then working in the control room for the event?

Yes but much more extreme and detailed than that.  I asked him to cut the TV feed to the maters for a couple seconds a few years ago as a "hello guys, it's Neal" -  No dice   :lol: 

• Haha 2

Morning-

32 / 21 and clear.  About 4", Salt trucks this morning and I AINT shoveling, shits put away for the year.  Had a great time and din at YS's yesterday.  Visited, ate then watched the 1st half of the bucks route of the pistons and headed home.  Hooked up my bride to her traction device this AM and shes already exhausted for the day.  This has to get better at some point right??????

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, jammin said:

Morning-

32 / 21 and clear.  About 4", Salt trucks this morning and I AINT shoveling, shits put away for the year.  Had a great time and din at YS's yesterday.  Visited, ate then watched the 1st half of the bucks route of the pistons and headed home.  Hooked up my bride to her traction device this AM and shes already exhausted for the day.  This has to get better at some point right??????

:gm1:

sunny and warmer here today...hang in there John and just be as positive as possible even though at times it seems like you're spinning your wheels...I get frustrated at times and I just tell myself that she is the one dealing with the pain and is 100x times more frustrated with it than I am.:thumb:

• Like 1