Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

:gm1:

sunny and warmer here today...hang in there John and just be as positive as possible even though at times it seems like you're spinning your wheels...I get frustrated at times and I just tell myself that she is the one dealing with the pain and is 100x times more frustrated with it than I am.:thumb:

:thumbsup: - Thanks Jimmy.  I'm frustrated cuz she keeps going, isnt complaining but I KNOW for a FACT shes just trying to suck it up and it's not going to be to her benefit in the long run.  She needs to go into the hospital for a few days and let them treat her professionally and then she comes home and stays up on maintenance moving forward.  She wont so I said well, sorry dear but i'm going to override you and talk with the Dr.  I'm waiting for his call.  This will be the best route to some quality of life.  I know shes mad at me but I also know she can't swing at me so I got that going for me lol.  

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, jammin said:

:thumbsup: - Thanks Jimmy.  I'm frustrated cuz she keeps going, isnt complaining but I KNOW for a FACT shes just trying to suck it up and it's not going to be to her benefit in the long run.  She needs to go into the hospital for a few days and let them treat her professionally and then she comes home and stays up on maintenance moving forward.  She wont so I said well, sorry dear but i'm going to override you and talk with the Dr.  I'm waiting for his call.  This will be the best route to some quality of life.  I know shes mad at me but I also know she can't swing at me so I got that going for me lol.  

You’re a good man John and best wishes for your wife going forward...hopefully she gets some relief from the pain. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2019 at 12:11 PM, NaturallyAspirated said:

Close enough, although it's mostly computer work nowadays.

Neal

I have a friend that does the same thing as you, but runs the score board, jumbo trons ect. Sox, Bears and North Western. I think he does the broadcast stuff at North Western?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thought it was too early for Ticks to be out but nope...found two on Sadie about an hour ago....nasty little bastards. 

She probly got them from brushing up against you , ya filthy animal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

• Haha 2

Just now, ckf said:

I haven't seen one here in the 5 years we've lived here.

No kidding....I wasn't all that aware of them up until a few years ago...when we had the Labs I only took them to the beach but once we got Sadie we have been spending a lot of time in the woods. I preferred some repelllant spray for both of us today and we are going to start all of the pets on their monthly drops. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding....I wasn't all that aware of them up until a few years ago...when we had the Labs I only took them to the beach but once we got Sadie we have been spending a lot of time in the woods. I preferred some repelllant spray for both of us today and we are going to start all of the pets on their monthly drops. 

We had tons of them 90 miles to the south when we lived in NH. Rob had told me that he never had them at his place in Walden either.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

We had tons of them 90 miles to the south when we lived in NH. Rob had told me that he never had them at his place in Walden either.

Around here anywhere there are Whitetail Deer you'll find ticks...glad you don't have to deal with them.  :thumb:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Around here anywhere there are Whitetail Deer you'll find ticks...glad you don't have to deal with them.  :thumb:

We have Whitetail deer and Moose. I know the moose get some kind of tick that's killing a lot of them. Izzy is outside all the time rolling in the grass and playing in the woods and we haven't found one on her yet. We stopped using the Frontline a few years ago so we didn't have to needlessly poison her. 

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Eggs benni, yum

36 and cloudy. Today I have to go to the uncivilized territory of Burlington Mass.

I send my condolences  :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thought it was too early for Ticks to be out but nope...found two on Sadie about an hour ago....nasty little bastards. 

I put the 1st dose of Frontline on Reese last week.  Stuff works really well at least for him.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ckf said:

We have Whitetail deer and Moose. I know the moose get some kind of tick that's killing a lot of them. Izzy is outside all the time rolling in the grass and playing in the woods and we haven't found one on her yet. We stopped using the Frontline a few years ago so we didn't have to needlessly poison her. 

Frontline for Reese.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

Good morning from Vermont where it is 31° with a fresh dusting of snow. Who's ready for some Eggs Benedict this AM? jammin?

Fuk yes!

Mornin'

43 / 41 and cloudy.  Might see some rain later might not.  One of my favorite meals is Eggs Beni with a side of flap jacks.   Yum.   Call / demo at 9AM and another at 1.  Wife has a massage at 4 so din might be pizza. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jammin said:

I put the 1st dose of Frontline on Reese last week.  Stuff works really well at least for him.  

Frontile worked great for Izzy too when we were in NH.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jammin said:

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

Frontile worked great for Izzy too when we were in NH.

My wife ordered something but not sure what brand...I always wanted to try the chewables but too many bad stories about dogs having serious issues with those.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My wife ordered something but not sure what brand...I always wanted to try the chewables but too many bad stories about dogs having serious issues with those.

I'm sure none of it is good for the pets, but Lyme Disease can be much worse.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm sure none of it is good for the pets, but Lyme Disease can be much worse.

Absolutely but some of those chewables  have caused severe neurological priwnlems and even death. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, ckf said:

Good morning from Vermont where it is 31° with a fresh dusting of snow. Who's ready for some Eggs Benedict this AM? jammin?

Had eggs benny Sunday. Smoked salmon and avocado smothered in Hollindase sauce.

• Like 3