Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I don't think FB videos work either :(

Joel should be able to set up an oEmbed app to allow embedding of FB and instagram.  I think it needs to linked with a Facebook developer account.  :bc:

Come on @SSFB but the cigar down and get to nerding already!  :lol:

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I don't think FB videos work either :(

Damn, I thought I’d found a way to show these guys comedy can still be funny. I’ll have to find YouTube clips instead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Joel should be able to set up an oEmbed app to allow embedding of FB and instagram.  I think it needs to linked with a Facebook developer account.  :bc:

Come on @SSFB but the cigar down and get to nerding already!  :lol:

Neal

I had something setup through my FB developers account at one point to allow people to sign up through FB. Something happened that it got discontinued. We aren't running the newest version of the Invision software and that could be part of the issue. The last time that I tried to update it I got a bunch of errors so I backed out of the upgrade.

• Gold Member

Docking a tug pushing 2 lite barges on the head in 35kt+ winds & 50kt+ gusts equals a parted push gear rope. 

The rope is 2.25" Amsteel!  That shit is tough to break!!

Glad I was only an observer!

• Like 5

The storm brought a little over 3 feet of water in the shop I work at overnight. Fortunately we were prepared because this isn’t our first rodeo, the brook behind the building comes up a couple times a year.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 1/6/2024 at 12:52 PM, ckf said:

This year is tough over most of the snow belt. The only riding in the Northeast is northern Quebec.

even i quebec technically theres only been a few hundred miles of trails open.   trail down to pelchat finally opened this past week.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

First weather like this for the season.

Screenshot_20240112_053829_Wunderground.jpg

We haven't been below 0⁰ here yet. Maybe we'll get there towards the middle to end of next week. We have snow changing to rain with heavy winds tonight into tomorrow :(

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Do you have enough to ride yet?

No we only had a bit and this fell last night. I'm scraping ground plowing, no base.

20240112_121146.jpg

12 hours ago, ckf said:

We haven't been below 0⁰ here yet. Maybe we'll get there towards the middle to end of next week. We have snow changing to rain with heavy winds tonight into tomorrow :(

Same here. Just an odd winter. The ice is really behind on the lakes too. A local guy that runs an ice business went in this morning and ended up passing away. :(

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Same here. Just an odd winter. The ice is really behind on the lakes too. A local guy that runs an ice business went in this morning and ended up passing away. :(

That sucks :sad:

My neighbor was on Island Pond earlier this week Ice fishing. He said that there was only 5" of ice in the corner where he was fishing.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

That sucks :sad:

My neighbor was on Island Pond earlier this week Ice fishing. He said that there was only 5" of ice in the corner where he was fishing.

This was on 6". On a normal year at this point there should be 18" or more especially in close. The "suv" he was driving was a geo tracker.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/isle-man-dies-after-vehicle-breaks-through-mille-lacs/

• Sad 1

• Gold Member

Parents sent these I guess the sea was crazy today. Idk if anyone’s been to Well’s before but that sea wall with the stairs down to the beach has to be 10ft tall and look at that wave towering over it. IMG_2406.thumb.jpeg.77564e242b674cb05a61b61fa55880f1.jpegIMG_2408.thumb.jpeg.e3f2894d6db1771198e8192f9ac4ae2f.jpeg

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

No snow here but we finally got some cold. Didn't Crack -5° today.

That's chilly!! It's cooling off here this week but I don't think we even have a morning low forecast to be that low.

• Like 2

A nice steady snow has been falling for the past hour or two. Hopefully we get 5 or 6 inches to help the trails and ski areas.

My neighbor went to Jay Peak boarding last week. He said that they needed snow bad. That's not something that you typically hear about Jay Peak. They are known for getting the most snow in Vermont. I thinki their yearly average snowfall is just under 300 inches.

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, ckf said:

A nice steady snow has been falling for the past hour or two. Hopefully we get 5 or 6 inches to help the trails and ski areas.

My neighbor went to Jay Peak boarding last week. He said that they needed snow bad. That's not something that you typically hear about Jay Peak. They are known for getting the most snow in Vermont. I thinki their yearly average snowfall is just under 300 inches.

We will ride thru Montgomery center quite ofton. Going over the mountain there it is normal to have 6 ft at the top. And that is lower then Jay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

We will ride thru Montgomery center quite ofton. Going over the mountain there it is normal to have 6 ft at the top. And that is lower then Jay

It looks like we got another 6 to 8 inches between yesterday and last night. It's still snowing very lightly this morning.

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, ckf said:

It looks like we got another 6 to 8 inches between yesterday and last night. It's still snowing very lightly this morning.

cool , saw a pic of colebrook groomer going over balsams . Said it was hard to groom as there was 5-6 ft of snow up top.

• Like 1