Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Packing up for a long weekend on the road. 

Going to the wife's cousin's gender neutral wedding.  :suicide:

I'm sure it'll be some overly dramatic shit show, like everything else they do.

Not as chance my wife would even ask me to go to something like that. She knows better. LOL

We are getting the house ready to list and test the current market. It's crazy how much stuff gets accumulated over the years. We made 4 runs to the dump and maybe 2 more to go. The wife had the basement and one bdrm full of her craft shit and that's all been boxed and I have the enclosed almost full with garage and 2 sheds full of stuff. I think the wife is a hoarder lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2022 at 9:17 AM, Big Crappie said:

Not as chance my wife would even ask me to go to something like that. She knows better. LOL

We weren't going to go, but pretty much went to see other relatives that did go.

It was an overly dramatic crap shoot, like expected.  Between the wedding and reception, we were only there a couple hours, then off to the hotel bar with a big group for the rest of the evening.  

Put on 1,000 miles driving around to and froe.  Lots of good food and great views, even with the overcast weather all weekend.

PXL_20220429_174932631[1].jpg

PXL_20220501_220024717[1].jpg

PXL_20220501_224921608[1].jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

On May 4, 1945, the 2nd Field Regiment RCA receives the message that the German forces in northwest Germany, the Netherlands, and Denmark will surrender. Rum was brought in for the soldiers of the regiment to celebrate this memorable event. The next day a briefing was held for all officers. During this briefing it was announced that the German soldiers in the Netherlands could not be treated as prisoners of war. They were to be treated as capitulated troops, the weapons had to be confiscated, but the units had to remain intact to maintain military discipline. The arrangement between the Canadian army and the German armed forces worked exceedingly well. For the most part, the Canadians operated directly through the existing German military hierarchy.

📸 Picture: Privates W.R. Hill and M.A. Gammon of 1st Canadian Corps on guard duty with a German soldier, also on guard duty, at the German prisoner of war garrison, Ijmuiden, Netherlands. (Photographer: Alex Stirton; Library and Archives Canada a134397)

Follow us on instagram for more pictures and stories https://www.instagram.com/battlefieldtoursgron/

B4DC92D5-E498-4C28-ABA7-079B73DE1037.jpeg.071e071ad9fbd39acf690f077d9e2b7c.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Finally 1 week after ice out dock and toon are in. :bc:

20220507_203836.jpg

Nice…starting to feel more like spring/summer here as well.👍🏼🌞😎

• Like 1

It's already up to 62⁰ on this fine Monday morning. We should see our warmest day of the year today with temps topping out in the upper 60s. The forecast for the rest of the week is even warmer with temps near 80⁰ later in the week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ckf said:

It's already up to 62⁰ on this fine Monday morning. We should see our warmest day of the year today with temps topping out in the upper 60s. The forecast for the rest of the week is even warmer with temps near 80⁰ later in the week.

Currently 90 degrees in Iowa. Went from 40's and 50's, too damn hot in no time...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Currently 90 degrees in Iowa. Went from 40's and 50's, too damn hot in no time...

80 here, dry as a popcorn fart and blowing like hell….Red Flag Fire Warning currently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dz246 said:

That's to frickin hot for early May!

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

80 here, dry as a popcorn fart and blowing like hell….Red Flag Fire Warning currently.

Dry here too!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smokin george said:

The weather is finally pretty good here and the blackflies are out. They don't like the heat and it's gonna be alot hotter the next 4-5 days and hopefully they'll go back in the bush. 

A few black flies here too. Today was sunny with a high of 75°. 

19 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We are getting temps in the 80"s for the next few days. 

Same here. The forecast is calling for mid 80s through Saturday. Then back to the 70s.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Same here. The forecast is calling for mid 80s through Saturday. Then back to the 70s.

I had to buy a bug shirt as all the repellents and bug shirts are packed in boxes. The little black bastards were trying to eat me when I was doing yardwork.

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

I had to buy a bug shirt as all the repellents and bug shirts are packed in boxes. The little black bastards were trying to eat me when I was doing yardwork.

Black flies are getting bad here too. Hummingbirds are back as well. I just watched the dominant male chase off another hummingbird trying to get at the feeder.