Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Gold Member
Just now, ckf said:

How did it go with the wife?

Awesome! She did great I was really impressed/proud of her. Ended up doing 150 miles for the weekend. Surprisingly she never even mentioned being cold. I posted some pics in the 22 Sledding thread. 

She claims she is hooked and already was talking about a newer Sled. Life is good.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Awesome! She did great I was really impressed/proud of her. Ended up doing 150 miles for the weekend. Surprisingly she never even mentioned being cold. I posted some pics in the 22 Sledding thread. 

She claims she is hooked and already was talking about a newer Sled. Life is good.  :thumbsup:

That's great!' Good that the cold didn't bother her. Gil mentioned on Twitter that it was 35 or 36 below at the airport Saturday morning. That's freaking cold, lol

• Gold Member
Just now, ckf said:

That's great!' Good that the cold didn't bother her. Gil mentioned on Twitter that it was 35 or 36 below at the airport Saturday morning. That's freaking cold, lol

My freakin eye lids and beard had icicles inside my helmet 🥶🤣...only rode one other time in Island Pond when it was that cold back in like 2004 or so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Bomb storm coming Friday night and Saturday……..we will see.

I haven't even looked at the NWS forecast discussion for the details. Currently Weather Underground is calling for 5" here.

lots of maine and NH needs a foot.  Amy was in tuftonboro Sunday though and said there were people riding.  her friend just spent almost a mil and will be well over that after reno buying a place to turn into a corproate retreat for her events business and the trail runs right through.  told her to shut it down like MC did :news:

JK it's away from the house so as long as people aren't stupid it might be OK.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

lots of maine and NH needs a foot.  Amy was in tuftonboro Sunday though and said there were people riding.  her friend just spent almost a mil and will be well over that after reno buying a place to turn into a corproate retreat for her events business and the trail runs right through.  told her to shut it down like MC did :news:

JK it's away from the house so as long as people aren't stupid it might be OK.  

It will be OK for a few days until the can boys insist on running through at midnight….every night and decide to go off trail.

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

That’s friggin cold.

I was outside removing Christmas lights before the Snonado arrives and it’s cold @ 12 degrees

There was a 97⁰ temperature difference between outside and in. The furnace and Monitor heater we're both working overtime, lol.

4 hours ago, ckf said:

There was a 97⁰ temperature difference between outside and in. The furnace and Monitor heater we're both working overtime, lol.

Is your Monitor K1? I had one in Rangeley for for about 15 years. It ran great till the fuel driver pumped #2 in the tank. They rebuilt it about 3 times finally I said just buy me a new one. The new one still runs perfect for the last 12 years.

I was down to the farm to check my F350 to make sure or was good to go for the plow route. New wipers and edge.  Looks to be a 12 hour plus storm.

B6B32B19-3D43-4C70-8703-4D9A5F4C6E55.jpeg

Edited by Mainecat

25 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Is your Monitor K1? I had one in Rangeley for for about 15 years. It ran great till the fuel driver pumped #2 in the tank. They rebuilt it about 3 times finally I said just buy me a new one. The new one still runs perfect for the last 12 years.

I was down to the farm to check my F350 to make sure or was good to go for the plow route. New wipers and edge.  Looks to be a 12 hour plus storm.

B6B32B19-3D43-4C70-8703-4D9A5F4C6E55.jpeg

Yes, it runs on K1 only. A buddy of mine in Tamworth just put one in his new house a few years ago and it runs on #2. I think it is a Toyo Stove brand. We've been using them for years without any major issues. There was a small one here in the dinning room when we moved in. I had a large one from NH that I ended up putting in the other end of the house after we moved in. A small one would have been enough. But a buddy was doing a remodel that his customer wanted him to dispose of 3 barely used Monitors.   I got one, lol.  I think one of the ones that I left in NH came from @Angry ginger  when he updated his heating at his camp on Ossipee.

we are getting the shaft again as far as this storm goes.  :sad:

51 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, it runs on K1 only. A buddy of mine in Tamworth just put one in his new house a few years ago and it runs on #2. I think it is a Toyo Stove brand. We've been using them for years without any major issues. There was a small one here in the dinning room when we moved in. I had a large one from NH that I ended up putting in the other end of the house after we moved in. A small one would have been enough. But a buddy was doing a remodel that his customer wanted him to dispose of 3 barely used Monitors.   I got one, lol.  I think one of the ones that I left in NH came from @Angry ginger  when he updated his heating at his camp on Ossipee.

we are getting the shaft again as far as this storm goes.  :sad:

Our one Monitor heated the whole camp. The one that got screwed up from the #2 is working perfect in my garage after I took it apart and rebuilt it. Love those dam things! 
looks like 18 to 24 here fluffy but 50 mph winds.

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
19 hours ago, ckf said:

My Furnace cut out last night around 7pm :wall:

Had to use the emergency service. 

New Ignitor, nozzle, strainer and a filter and back in business luckily.  $500 not too bad. Damn houses. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

My Furnace cut out last night around 7pm :wall:

Had to use the emergency service. 

New Ignitor, nozzle, strainer and a filter and back in business luckily.  $500 not too bad. Damn houses. 

That sucks. That's one of the reasons that I like having the monitors. We've always had 2 sources of heat.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, ckf said:

That sucks. That's one of the reasons that I like having the monitors. We've always had 2 sources of heat.

Been trying to convince the Wife we need a wood stove for 3 years now....I think she finally gets it. Especially since I have a ton of Firewood already. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Been trying to convince the Wife we need a wood stove for 3 years now....I think she finally gets it. Especially since I have a ton of Firewood already. 

We have burned wood and coal when we were in NH. Coalused to be a cheap source of heat, but started to get expensive about 15-20 years ago. This place didn't have a chimney so we never bothered. I had the extra Monitor so we threw it in. We do have a generator in the garage to cover us if the power goes out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

We have burned wood and coal when we were in NH. Coalused to be a cheap source of heat, but started to get expensive about 15-20 years ago. This place didn't have a chimney so we never bothered. I had the extra Monitor so we threw it in. We do have a generator in the garage to cover us if the power goes out.

I burned wood for a few years. At first I cut trees, split and stacked, next few years bought grapple load, cut split and stacked then finally bought all split and stacked. 
Too much work. New house no friggin wood stove just a fireplace. If I did buy a stove it would be pellet. Put in a 24 K whole house gen last year so it may be needed tomorrow.

24-36 inches predicted F350 ready to rock….could be a 24 hour drive….fuck me…lol

The storm has not even materialized yet but the predictions are insane. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I burned wood for a few years. At first I cut trees, split and stacked, next few years bought grapple load, cut split and stacked then finally bought all split and stacked. 
Too much work. New house no friggin wood stove just a fireplace. If I did buy a stove it would be pellet. Put in a 24 K whole house gen last year so it may be needed tomorrow.

24-36 inches predicted F350 ready to rock….could be a 24 hour drive….fuck me…lol

The storm has not even materialized yet but the predictions are insane. 

Tim Kelly posted that on Twitter. He said last year that he couldn't say on TV that they were talking about a storm that hadn't materialized yet. The producers wouldn't let him say it on air. This year he can say it all he wants because he isn't on tv anymore. Did he retire, or fired? He was with NECN for a long time.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Tim Kelly posted that on Twitter. He said last year that he couldn't say on TV that they were talking about a storm that hadn't materialized yet. The producers wouldn't let him say it on air. This year he can say it all he wants because he isn't on tv anymore. Did he retire, or fired? He was with NECN for a long time.

Not sure where he went? 
Just got the call on the plow route at 4 AM 🤪

• Like 1