Check your account email address ×

congratulations to the democrats in congress

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

perhaps he'll see from the inside exactly how dysfunctional the republicans are. 

As if the dems are any better. :lol: Like I said, he just wants to get something done. That in itself seems impossible in the swamp these days.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Anler said:

Republicans never worked with Obama in his first term while the country try was suffering. 

Did Obama reach out to them?  The Dems had the House and Senate during half of Obamas first term.  Did Obama need to reach out to Republicans to get something done?  Seems like we are in a similar situation now as we were then.  Trump can't seem to get the Republicans to get off their asses so he reached across the aisle and engaged the Democrats.  I think Trump is a buffoon but I will give him a little credit for successfully engaging the democrats.  

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Did Obama reach out to them?  The Dems had the House and Senate during half of Obamas first term.  Did Obama need to reach out to Republicans to get something done?  Seems like we are in a similar situation now as we were then.  Trump can't seem to get the Republicans to get off their asses so he reached across the aisle and engaged the Democrats.  I think Trump is a buffoon but I will give him a little credit for successfully engaging the democrats.  

He sure did. I can remember at least two times. Once when he took boehner golfing and another time when he invited a bunch of pube legislators out to dinner. It was pretty clear to anyone who wasn't a complete ignorant hack that the Republicans were going to block anything and everything that might make Obama look good. And like I said at that time the country was suffering from the recession. Way to put themselves before everybody else. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

He sure did. I can remember at least two times. Once when he took boehner golfing and another time when he invited a bunch of pube legislators out to dinner. It was pretty clear to anyone who wasn't a complete ignorant hack that the Republicans were going to block anything and everything that might make Obama look good. And like I said at that time the country was suffering from the recession. Way to put themselves before everybody else. 

Well good for Obama even though it didn't bear any results.  Good for Trump too but I guess we will see if there are any results from his efforts.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

That was after the pubes shut down the govt bro. :lol:

:snack:

IMG_3458.JPG

• USA Contributing Member

Trump wants to get things done regardless of political party.  Do what he wants to get done and he'll back you.  Fuck the dems and republicans that are looking out for themselves, let them expose themselves and get replaced come election time.

19 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

....willing to put aside petty partisan politics and work with the president. something that wasn't seen much by the republicans during the obama years. meanwhile the republicans pout and wonder. fucking snowflakes. 

is that the spin they are pushing at CNN for you ? how sweet 

14 hours ago, Anler said:

like that time he told them they were going to have to sit in the back of the bus like that ? want about 50 more examples ? 

6 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Trump wants to get things done regardless of political party.  Do what he wants to get done and he'll back you.  Fuck the dems and republicans that are looking out for themselves, let them expose themselves and get replaced come election time.

Trump doesn't care one way or another, he simply wants to avoid and responsibilities.

Neal

16 hours ago, Anler said:

Republicans never worked with Obama in his first term while the country try was suffering. 

Bullshit.  Boehner and Obama worked on a semi secret budget deal, and then Obama stabbed Boehner in the back by releasing details before he could discuss with his rank and file.  That set the tone very early.  Its the old fool me once deal.  Who'd trust Obama after that little charade?

14 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Republicans cannot legislate....PERIOD!

So how is the country running on all cylinders with all those new 1,000+ seats in the states?

Obama's influence wanes in the states and the country picks up.

I call that 'in spite of', not 'because of'... :lol:

And yes, you will have a republican governor in your elitist Rangeley cabin for the next 4 years as well.

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Bullshit.  Boehner and Obama worked on a semi secret budget deal, and then Obama stabbed Boehner in the back by releasing details before he could discuss with his rank and file.  That set the tone very early.  Its the old fool me once deal.  Who'd trust Obama after that little charade?

Bullshit.

16 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well good for Obama even though it didn't bear any results.  Good for Trump too but I guess we will see if there are any results from his efforts.  

He signed the bill the hurricane money and debt ceiling extension are actual results :news: 

25 minutes ago, Anler said:

Bullshit.

Sorry man, it happened.  Obama claiming any notion of trying to be bipartisan, and laying non cooperation at the feet of the Republicans, is just silly.  "I'm the president", "back of the bus" also set the tone early on.

30 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Sorry man, it happened.  Obama claiming any notion of trying to be bipartisan, and laying non cooperation at the feet of the Republicans, is just silly.  "I'm the president", "back of the bus" also set the tone early on.

:lol: