Check your account email address ×

Hurricane Irma

ICEMAN!

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

I'd send them to the local church to borrow the pastor's minivan to drive out of town

:lol:

Next natural disaster that happens near me you bet I'll be PM'ing you on what to do! Thanks toots! :thumb: 

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My nephew and SIL are both first responders and work at Tampa General Hospital. They were told they CANNOT leave. :crazy:

one of the responsibilities they have for the career they chose.  

certainly in a coastal area I would be thinking of leaving and packing some shit but with no clear path at this point how far are you willing to run,  come Friday when they see how it starts making the northern turn then i might consider leaving.  I was in Florida during Andrew in 92 where they basically called for evac over southern and coastal areas and while loss of life was minimal there was really just a small path of destruction.  150 miles north of Miami i don't recall us even getting rain just some wind. 

1 hour ago, COPO said:

Hoping a massive hurricane will wipe out someones property just because they don't like him is beyond fucked up. What an asshole

I'm thinking of the taxpayers.

It would be cool if only Mar A Lago was obliterated and nothing else in the entire state.

God's way of giving Trump the finger

:bc:

51 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Florida is going to get fucked.

Capture+_2017-09-06-09-13-32.png

That's pretty much a worst case scenario storm track.

Jesus

Hopefully it's strength diminishes before landfall but with a track over water until it hits the US in that model, that seems unlikely.

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

That's pretty much a worst case scenario storm track.

Jesus

Hopefully it's strength diminishes before landfall but with a track over water until it hits the US in that model, that seems unlikely.

Apparently the real issue is water temp. It gets warmer closer to florida and as such picks up strength

7 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Apparently the real issue is water temp. It gets warmer closer to florida and as such picks up strength

Yup and no land or upper level weather to break it up or reduce its power.

Not good

41 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

same thing happened with Andrew in 92,  dropped down in strength after hitting land in the bahamas then picks up in the final stretch coming into florida.   this case with the projected path theres no land to help disipate it and warm water. would be better if it pushed a bit north or south to catch land.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

same thing happened with Andrew in 92,  dropped down in strength after hitting land in the bahamas then picks up in the final stretch coming into florida.   this case with the projected path theres no land to help disipate it and warm water. would be better if it pushed a bit north or south to catch land.  

Depends on your point of view.

If you inhabit one of those islands on a more southerly track it sure as hell wouldn't be better. The loss of life and property would be devastating.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Depends on your point of view.

If you inhabit one of those islands on a more southerly track it sure as hell wouldn't be better. The loss of life and property would be devastating.

far less effect on population and the destruction would be far less in terms of $ to rebuild hitting Cuba or the Bahamas than hitting down the center of Florida.  

And American lives and property are way more important than anyone elses :news: 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

far less effect on population and the destruction would be far less in terms of $ to rebuild hitting Cuba or the Bahamas than hitting down the center of Florida.  

And American lives and property are way more important than anyone elses :news: 

The Bahamas get slammed by hurricanes all the time.