Check your account email address ×

Sled thread

Snake

29 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Bullshit.  The ZRs handled and rode way WAY better.  Firecats were fast in a straight line.  Big whoop.  I knew 3 guys who spent all season trying to get their 03 Firecats to handle as good as their ZR's.  They never got there.  Long skinny track and different geometry, they turned like shit, and rode like shit.

x2  The coupled skid on the 02 ZR was the best handling sled I ever rode at the time, and I had an 01 ZR.

Yah , cause you have a fucking clue :lol: I owned and setup many but lets take you and your unnamed sources word for it 

22 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

What the fuck? A thread about snowmobiles??????

It seems to keep the liberals here out due to most not owning, riding or knowing how to ride a sled.  You know those guys you run across on the trails that are broke down and can't figure out how to change a belt...that's the FS sledder liberal! :lol:

Morons.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Bullshit.  The ZRs handled and rode way WAY better.  Firecats were fast in a straight line.  Big whoop.  I knew 3 guys who spent all season trying to get their 03 Firecats to handle as good as their ZR's.  They never got there.  Long skinny track and different geometry, they turned like shit, and rode like shit.

x2  The coupled skid on the 02 ZR was the best handling sled I ever rode at the time, and I had an 01 ZR.

The Firecats could handle pretty darn good with a little work, but I never felt as confident on one as I did the ZR's.  It took some getting used to the amount of ski lift on the Firecat.  

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It seems to keep the liberals here out due to most not owning, riding or knowing how to ride a sled.  You know those guys you run across on the trails that are broke down and can't figure out how to change a belt...that's the FS sledder liberal! :lol:

Morons.

You mean huzy. And he was the biggest republican ever to frequent this site. What belt? :lol:

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I rode with 4 different guys who had F7s   In a straight line they were fine, but as soon as you got into the turns, they sucked balls.  Everytime I rode their sleds, I couldn't wait to get back on my ZX or REV chassis 

24 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I rode with 4 different guys who had F7s   In a straight line they were fine, but as soon as you got into the turns, they sucked balls.  Everytime I rode their sleds, I couldn't wait to get back on my ZX or REV chassis 

Put a bit more carbide on the front, suck the front of the skid up 1 hole on the limiter straps, and play with the front shock settings a bit.  

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Put a bit more carbide on the front, suck the front of the skid up 1 hole on the limiter straps, and play with the front shock settings a bit.  

Right.

After market skis are mandatory.

I had a ZR and a firecat at the same time. The Zr  was great for a sit down and ride sled without a lot of Rider input, but no way I'd rather ride it than my firecat

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Right.

After market skis are mandatory.

I had a ZR and a firecat at the same time. The Zr  was great for a sit down and ride sled without a lot of Rider input, but no way I'd rather ride it than my firecat

The Cat skis are decent with good enough carbides.  I had C&A, USI Project-X's, and Slydog's on them.  They are all pretty good.  The USI's were probably my favorite.

Edited by racinfarmer

I thought the C & A' s were the best thing I did to the sled. I still have my factory skis , like brand new.

I need to get all my firecat stuff together and sell it.  I have a really nice cover, that's hardly been in the weather.

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The Cat skis are decent with good enough carbides.  I had C&A, USI Project-X's, and Slydog's on them.  They are all pretty good.  The USI's were probably my favorite.

I assume you meant that the Cat skis were decent onthose models. CuzIve never been so scared for my life the one time I rode my pro road with them.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

I thought the C & A' s were the best thing I did to the sled. I still have my factory skis , like brand new.

I need to get all my firecat stuff together and sell it.  I have a really nice cover, that's hardly been in the weather.

My EXT is in OK shape, but I have all the factory stuff for it.  Tunnel bag, tank bag, cover, spare track.  My 06 is in OK shape too with a handful of spares.  I think I even have a brand new decaled up hood, side panels, and a number plate windscreen for it somewhere.  

Too bad you can't hardly give Firecats away right now unless they are mint, and when you do finally sell it, the parts assholes just about knife one another trying to get to you first.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

I assume you meant that the Cat skis were decent onthose models. CuzIve never been so scared for my life the one time I rode my pro road with them.

Yeah, the Cat skis aren't too bad.  Still have them on my XF and my Viper.  

I lowered the front shocks on my last f7 3/4" and it was night and day. No more ski lift at all.....you could run the rear loose then and not deal with the ski lift.

My 01 zr LE had pretty bad inside ski lift all the time no matter what I did....maybe the 02-03 was better 

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My EXT is in OK shape, but I have all the factory stuff for it.  Tunnel bag, tank bag, cover, spare track.  My 06 is in OK shape too with a handful of spares.  I think I even have a brand new decaled up hood, side panels, and a number plate windscreen for it somewhere.  

Too bad you can't hardly give Firecats away right now unless they are mint, and when you do finally sell it, the parts assholes just about knife one another trying to get to you first.  

Yeah, the Cat skis aren't too bad.  Still have them on my XF and my Viper.  

Really?  I think the sled Market is down as a whole around here.  When I sold my firecat 2 years ago, 8,000 mi. They were fighting over it.  I finally pulled the ad after getting about 50 inquires about it. :lol:

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yah , cause you have a fucking clue :lol: I owned and setup many but lets take you and your unnamed sources word for it 

I had a factory connection in 01-02.  Free shit.  02 ZR's were magic.  03 Firecats, fast, light, sure.  But handling.....sorry not so much.  Took cat several years to get that chassis calibrations dialed :news: 

52 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I lowered the front shocks on my last f7 3/4" and it was night and day. No more ski lift at all.....you could run the rear loose then and not deal with the ski lift.

My 01 zr LE had pretty bad inside ski lift all the time no matter what I did....maybe the 02-03 was better 

It was way better.  Coupled vs. uncoupled.  I had the same 01 ZR sled.  Huge improvement with the coupled skid, handling wise.

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It was way better.  Coupled vs. uncoupled.  I had the same 01 ZR sled.  Huge improvement with the coupled skid, handling wise.

I put way over 6k miles on that 01 zr LE though .....great sled. Just had to one ski it through the corners if you wanted to go hard :lol: it was predictable either way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I don't know anyone who rides an F7 anymore.   But those who did have them, tried everything.  They just don't handle very well 

10 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I don't know anyone who rides an F7 anymore.   But those who did have them, tried everything.  They just don't handle very well 

:lol: yah , and 440's were super fast and could keep up with them on the trail too I bet