Check your account email address ×

Teacher raises money for classroom on roadside

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

That's funny because the resident teacher haters here and at TBP tell me that teachers are all overpaid and lazy do nothings. 

35K a for a 38 week a year job comes out to $921.00 a week or $23.00 an hour based on a 40 hour week, and quite frankly most teachers put in much more that 40 hours a week.

$23.00 is real far from large money.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Clowns like you have it all wrong. :bc:  Dynamic teachers who often earn a masters because they want and also earn more money can often handle a larger student:teacher ratio.  The fact some hayseed lineman like yourself makes far more than an educated teacher epitomizes our fucked up priorities.  But you're too ignorant to understand. 

Why does a teacher with a masters work for 35k????  Teaching at a 3rd grade level is more a personality thing and being able to handle kids.....  Not on how advanced your education is.  Save the Masters degrees for highschool, private school, and colleges.  WIth a masters she should be able to walk away into any other career field.  But she doesn't cause its easy, great time off, and the bennies she is happy with.  She is happy with 35k and her position or she wouldn't do it....  Why cause she could move to seattle, flop whoppers for $15 an hour and work 40 hours a week and 52 weeks a year and make just as much and not have to buy school supplies....

Edited by BOHICA

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

35K a for a 38 week a year job comes out to $921.00 a week or $23.00 an hour based on a 40 hour week, and quite frankly most teachers put in much more that 40 hours a week.

It's a part time job with benefits that would make a longshoreman blush .

Just now, Sleepr2 said:

It's a part time job with benefits that would make a longshoreman blush .

Hey stupid, I did the math it comes to $23.00 an hour which is not good money...... Do you think it's good money?

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

year round benefits, pension, and such prolly adds a good chunk to the over all package.

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hey stupid, I did the math it comes to $23.00 an hour which is not good money...... Do you think it's good money?

Not bad for a part time job with benefits and a pension,

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Why does a teacher with a masters work for 35k????  Teaching at a 3rd grade level is more a personality thing and being able to handle kids.....  Not on how advanced your education is.  Save the Masters degrees for highschool.  WIth a masters she should beable to walk away into any other career field.  But she doesn't cause its easy, great time off, and the bennies she is happy with.  She is happy with 35k and her position or she wouldn't do it....  Why cause she could move to seattle, flop whoppers for $15 an hour and work 40 hours a week and 52 weeks a year and make just as much and not have to buy school supplies....

exactly

She should move...the average in MN is over 60,000 with stupid benefits for your less than 180 days a year...then you can retire at 55 making more money than you did teaching...Masters degree my ass...in education you you get a masters by doing an extra nice job of pasting the macaroni on the construction paper....glitter gets you a doctorate. I shit you not...

19 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Why does a teacher with a masters work for 35k????  Teaching at a 3rd grade level is more a personality thing and being able to handle kids.....  Not on how advanced your education is.  Save the Masters degrees for highschool, private school, and colleges.  WIth a masters she should be able to walk away into any other career field.  But she doesn't cause its easy, great time off, and the bennies she is happy with.  She is happy with 35k and her position or she wouldn't do it....  Why cause she could move to seattle, flop whoppers for $15 an hour and work 40 hours a week and 52 weeks a year and make just as much and not have to buy school supplies....

8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

exactly

I don't think Teaching is something you just jump into for bennies, most are born or meant to do it, its not a job for most people regardless of bennies.  Similar to NUrsing, dental assistants ect.  This is why you have a teacher asking for money on the street, because she cares

Maybe Teachers in the USA are different but I doubt it

35k is fuck all

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

She should move...the average in MN is over 60,000 with stupid benefits for your less than 180 days a year...then you can retire at 55 making more money than you did teaching...Masters degree my ass...in education you you get a masters by doing an extra nice job of pasting the macaroni on the construction paper....glitter gets you a doctorate. I shit you not...

Ontario Teachers max at 93k or something close and start at 35k

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I don't think Teaching is something you just jump into for bennies, most are born or meant to do it, its not a job for most people regardless of bennies.  Similar to NUrsing, dental assistants ect.  This is why you have a teacher asking for money on the street, because she cares

35k is fuck all

Not bad for a part time  job with benefits,

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

35k is fuck all

I know several teachers who do it because of the benefits and time off. I don't find fault with their decision provided they do their job. A lot of people make the same decision for the same reasons just a different job. There is simply nothing wrong with that decision.

2 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

She has a masters degree and still did not bother to find out what a teacher makes before spending the money for a degree that pays 35,000$. ..??

you're such a fuck face. i hear about guys like you. just pleased there's none in my life. 

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

That's funny because the resident teacher haters here and at TBP tell me that teachers are all overpaid and lazy do nothings. 

We have been seeing the effects of budget cuts at my kids school. Seems like every year they have to do more with less. Some are putting their kids in the Catholic schools. My wife and other parents volunteer at the school and my kids are lucky they have 2 parents who care and are planning for their future but not all of these kids have that. Some if the teachers we don't really care for but some are doing a great job. Personally I think we need to give these kids the best chances we can in an ever changing world. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

35k is fuck all

LOL, ever since big bad Scott Walker flushed the greed out of the Wisconsin teachers union, I hear alot of teachers say, "why would you want to go into teaching now"? That pretty much debunks your theory, alot of teachers in the past went into teaching because it was a gravy gig with very good bennies, time off and an excellent pension. Now they cry and whine because they've been brought back down to earth after putting themselves on a pedestal where they didn't belong in the first place.

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

There is plenty of that going on and I have issues with the teachers unions also , but that doesn't change the fact that 35k a year is shit money and this thing with school supplies is going on all over the place . :bc:

Well outside real shitty school districts they pay way more than that here with the Masters in itself being I believe a 7k bump. 

I do thing that teachers should get a stipend for materials and not have to pay out of pocket. I just hate when they cry poor because at least here they are fairly compensated given it is a 2/3 time poition a fact all my friens who teach appreciate it. Prob golfing tomorrow with my buddy who quit a 6 figure sales job at 35 to become a teacher. Worked better for his family and his wife is an IT bigwig.  Another friend quit her engineering job to teach at 50. that one was nuts to me as I know what she was making 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Don't bother....he is one of those miserable fucks that thinks everybody is overpaid and getting something that he isn't .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

LOL, ever since big bad Scott Walker flushed the greed out of the Wisconsin teachers union, I hear alot of teachers say, "why would you want to go into teaching now"? That pretty much debunks your theory, alot of teachers in the past went into teaching because it was a gravy gig with very good bennies, time off and an excellent pension. Now they cry and whine because they've been brought back down to earth after putting themselves on a pedestal where they didn't belong in the first place.

I did say Maybe Teachers in the USA are different, I agree your Unions are much different...

I wouldn't be braggin about what happen in Wisconsin

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yeah I'm sure you hear a lot of teachers saying that....all you do is bad mouth them so when and why are you hanging with them and having these conversations? You're just another Creeper bitching about what everybody else makes and thinking you are getting screwed somehow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Well outside real shitty school districts they pay way more than that here with the Masters in itself being I believe a 7k bump. 

I do thing that teachers should get a stipend for materials and not have to pay out of pocket. I just hate when they cry poor because at least here they are fairly compensated given it is a 2/3 time poition a fact all my friens who teach appreciate it. Prob golfing tomorrow with my buddy who quit a 6 figure sales job at 35 to become a teacher. Worked better for his family and his wife is an IT bigwig.  Another friend quit her engineering job to teach at 50. that one was nuts to me as I know what she was making 

when I worked nights I golfed almost everyday lol

11 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Walkers a pussy as he left the police unions who are the greediest alone. 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

Walkers a pussy as he left the police unions who are the greediest alone. 

Oh Snoputz has an answer for that....can't wait to hear it again. :lol: