Check your account email address ×

Teacher raises money for classroom on roadside

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My wife has 3 masters and is a teacher. Two of the masters are for teaching kids that are slow. Not special needs but learning at a much slower rate than the rest of the class. 

According to most here she is just a glorified babysitter with no skill set.

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

According to most here she is just a glorified babysitter with no skill set.

No , she is someone who went into a field and then further specialized through education ....she deserves more compensation then the average teacher

simple

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah ....someone babysitting a class full of 3rd graders vs someone dangling in a harness from a helicopter doing work on 765KV transmission lines...

Get your head out of your fucking ass you brain dead retard .....an elementary educator doesnt deserve 5% of what grabs does let alone 25%

Completely agree but that doesn't mean they should have to provide their students with their supplies. And Im not saying thats your stance (its obviously not), Im just saying. :bc:

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My wife has 3 masters and is a teacher. Two of the masters are for teaching kids that are slow. Not special needs but learning at a much slower rate than the rest of the class. 

Your friends on the forum think your wife is a babysitter and drain on society.  She can do her job with a GED.  With friends like that you don't need enemies :snack:

Just now, Kivalo said:

Completely agree but that doesn't mean they should have to provide their students with their supplies. And Im not saying thats your stance (its obviously not), Im just saying. :bc:

So you agree that a 3rd grade teacher should make 5000 grand a year or less if a linesman makes 100,000....really?

9 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

So teachers don't have skill sets.....how about a HS Math Teacher? Physics? Chemistry?

Sure i think they are worth more, but sadly they make the same as a gym teacher.  What the exam, jumping jacks.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No , she is someone who went into a field and then further specialized through education ....she deserves more compensation then the average teacher

simple

:backpeddle: and .7 Momo :kissmyass: Woodtick :lol: 

Actually it's kind of a waste of resources to spend more on the the bottom 20% than we do the top 20%:snack:

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Sure Snoputz...sure and I always count on you to hear the dog whistle when a teacher topic is started so you can come in here and cry because they are overpaid. 

You can accuse me of lying all you want you ignoramus but it's all true. You're like clockwork and so predictable, the minute somebody starts stating facts about teachers and their corrupt unions you come flying in like a white knight to save the day.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Sure i think they are worth more, but sadly they make the same as a gym teacher.  What the exam, jumping jacks.

My daughters HS Phys Ed teacher taught them nutrition, kinesiology, athletic training in addition to the usual stuff.

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Teachers should easily make $100K a year. Look at jtssrx... Guarantee he had a $35K a year teacher. NOW LOOK WHAT WE HAVE TO FUCKING DEAL WITH!!!!!! 

Ok fellas , now this is a legit point , we should explore this a bit

• Gold Member
Just now, Biggie Smails said:

So you agree that a 3rd grade teacher should make 5000 grand a year or less if a linesman makes 100,000....really?

I was agreeing with the sentiment that a 3rd grade teacher doesn't need a whole lot of education and is therefor something that most anyone could do and not something that commands a high salary. 

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

My daughters HS Phys Ed teacher taught them nutrition, kinesiology, athletic training in addition to the usual stuff.

AC's ignorance is typical of a conservative Mouthbreather.

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont deserve anything ......nobody deserves anything. The market for my particular skill set determines my compensation. Same with grabs and same with teachers.

I could have 20 interviews lined up around the country in a week and 10 job offers over 100k by next week if I wanted......there are 1000 applicants for every teaching job that opens up. There is a reason for that......some people dont want to actually work with their hands and their backs and they want their summers off. More power too them .....lets just not pretend its some magical profession requiring superpowers to perform.

You come work in a steel mill for a day and I'll show you 1000 ways you might die .....men have died where I work and many linemen have been killed , burned beyond recognition and maimed badly.

Whats gonna happen to a teacher .....coffee burn ?????

you're either playing games or woefully ignorant. teachers are leaving the field and fewer are pursuing teaching as a profession. the shortage is approaching 100,000 nationwide. 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

You can accuse me of lying all you want you ignoramus but it's all true. You're like clockwork and so predictable, the minute somebody starts stating facts about teachers and their corrupt unions you come flying in like a white knight to save the day.

I never said anything about unions nor defended them but you brought up Walker for hammering them  yet remained silent on how he left the police union alone.

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

you're either playing games or woefully ignorant. teachers are leaving the field and fewer are pursuing teaching as a profession. the shortage is approaching 100,000 nationwide. 

Not in MN , one of my best friends and a dedicated History and Social Studies teacher has left the field and now manages a hotel. He applied for every teaching job statewide for 5 years or so. He ended up subbing and working at Sylvan learning center and even opened at McDonalds mornings for some time. Every full time job he posted for had in excess of 1000 applicants and while he made the final 3-5 or so most times due to his qualifications etc he was never hired. Joe scored a 34 on his ACT's the first time and could have been anything he wanted....but he wanted to teach kids. Sadly so did every other person who thought summers off would be cool and going home with clean hands every day had its advantages ......

From my personal experience you are full of shit 

8 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

AC's ignorance is typical of a conservative Mouthbreather.

They are considered a joke in HS.

Kinda like you here.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Not in MN , one of my best friends and a dedicated History and Social Studies teacher has left the field and now manages a hotel. He applied for every teaching job statewide for 5 years or so. He ended up subbing and working at Sylvan learning center and even opened at McDonalds mornings for some time. Every full time job he posted for had in excess of 1000 applicants and while he made the final 3-5 or so most times due to his qualifications etc he was never hired. Joe scored a 34 on his ACT's the first time and could have been anything he wanted....but he wanted to teach kids. Sadly so did every other person who thought summers off would be cool and going home with clean hands every day had its advantages ......

You are really hung up on the clean hands working with your back physical thing.....fuck it's not like you're a goddamn coal miner or something.

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Not here, far to many applicants to actual positions and even the supply teachers are unionized.  What BS.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They are considered a joke in HS.

Kinda like you here.

Hey bonehead you brought up the jumping jacks bullshit and I told you what my daughter was taught.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/03/27/minnesota-teacher-shortage-real-but-complicated

maybe your friend is an idiot. my daughter taught in the maple grove district up until 6 months ago. master level working for $40k + benefits. she said fuck it and opened a licensed pre school out of her home. she's pulling down more than double what she was making including benefits. she was sick of the shortages of personnel and supplies. loves her new gig.