Check your account email address ×

Full Repeal is now on the table

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Holy Crap!

We need to get the cost of pharmaceuticals and treatments under control, there are successful models of affordable HC that exist in Europe so there is no reason to reinvent the wheel.....we need to get corporate money out of our politics.

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

We need to get the cost of pharmaceuticals and treatments under control, there are successful models of affordable HC that exist in Europe so there is no reason to reinvent the wheel.....we need to get corporate money out of our politics.

Good post and lets get money out of politics while we are at it.

****Patiently waiting for  these to happen :read: 

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Drugs are 10% of our HC costs.   Not saying it doesn't need addressing (everything does) but its not as impactful as one would think. 

Just because things work in other countries doesn't mean they would be acceptable here.   Many European plans are not as "universal" as advertised and many are in financial trouble.

http://www.politico.eu/sponsored-content/tackling-the-tough-problem-of-european-health-care-sustainability/

http://www.politico.eu/article/europe-health-care-systems-on-life-support-special-report-drug-pricing-medicines-public-services/

2 things

Momo is so fucking dumb its impossible to fathom that he is breathing on his own

Highmark and his "individual responsibility" is about the most pathetic and idiotic argument across all aspects of current event I've ever read. Giving the corps a pass for marketing garbage poison food to people and placing the blame on the poor who can only afford to eat the garbage poison food :lol: it just doesnt get any dumber then that

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Drugs are 10% of our HC costs.   Not saying it doesn't need addressing (everything does) but its not as impactful as one would think. 

Just because things work in other countries doesn't mean they would be acceptable here.   Many European plans are not as "universal" as advertised and many are in financial trouble.

http://www.politico.eu/sponsored-content/tackling-the-tough-problem-of-european-health-care-sustainability/

http://www.politico.eu/article/europe-health-care-systems-on-life-support-special-report-drug-pricing-medicines-public-services/

Its closer to 20%

Just now, f7ben said:

2 things

Momo is so fucking dumb its impossible to fathom that he is breathing on his own

Highmark and his "individual responsibility" is about the most pathetic and idiotic argument across all aspects of current event I've ever read. Giving the corps a pass for marketing garbage poison food to people and placing the blame on the poor who can only afford to eat the garbage poison food :lol: it just doesnt get any dumber then that

:lol:   All poor people are fat and out of shape because of the food they are forced to eat.  

Just now, Mainecat said:

Not according to the CDC.   I was talking prescription drugs.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/health-expenditures.htm

• Percent of national health expenditures for hospital care: 32.3% (2015)
  • Percent of national health expenditures for nursing care facilities and continuing care retirement communities: 4.9% (2015)
  • Percent of national health expenditures for physician and clinical services: 19.8% (2015)
  • Percent of national health expenditures for prescription drugs: 10.1% (2015)

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

2 things

start a company to address the problem.

more choices, not more government intrusion and coercion, is the answer.

1 minute ago, oleroule said:

start a company to address the problem.

more choices, not more government intrusion and coercion, is the answer.

Govt is always the answer. :lol:  

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I was going to post what AFJ did.

No one will because of the money the political donations that both sides get from the healthcare industry.

I just got a script for a spray foam to treat a rash, $808.00 for 100 grams., my co-pay was $100.00.

i had to get some welding slag drilled off my iris about 20 years ago. i remember seeing an itemized list of supplies. two bottles purified for $15. i thought that was steep. three weeks ago i had my eye flushed in ER. one bottle of purified water was $185. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

i had to get some welding slag drilled off my iris about 20 years ago. i remember seeing an itemized list of supplies. two bottles purified for $15. i thought that was steep. three weeks ago i had my eye flushed in ER. one bottle of purified water was $185. 

Weld burn in the eyes is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever been through.  Feels like a hot piece of sand in the eye.   Can't imagine what that must have felt like. 

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Weld burn in the eyes is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever been through.  Feels like a hot piece of sand in the eye.   Can't imagine what that must have felt like. 

the worst part was having the doctor drill it out of my eye. he used a handheld device that sounded like a dremel tool. he numbed the eyeball up with some drops so it didn't hurt. i just felt so fucking vulnerable to the procedure. i don't like being in that kind of position. he called it a piece of rust. the thing attached itself firmly to the eyeball like super glue. 

15 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Various segments, the same day, maybe the same week but likely the same day maybe the same hour...

:lol:

Very complicated stuff! :true:

8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Never happen cause throwing 23 million off failed why would throwing off 40 million succeed?

DUMB MOTHERFUCKING REPUBLICANS

told you before this was the plan the whole time . and I am 100% for it . I cant afford the affordable care act my policy has over doubled in cost in 9 years and my policy holder is not going to be offering any policys in MN next yr if all stays the same I will be paying 3x what I was 9 years ago with a deductible 5k more than it was 9 years ago. but yeah great thing to let the government decide what I need in my insurance policy . YOU   IGNORANT  FUCK .

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

so with out passing the cost to develop drugs then go through the GOVENMENT regulation tape for years to bring them to market what do you think that is going to do to new drug development ? I get that some drugs are crazy expensive . but after the patent is off most go way down .

40 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

told you before this was the plan the whole time . and I am 100% for it . I cant afford the affordable care act my policy has over doubled in cost in 9 years and my policy holder is not going to be offering any policys in MN next yr if all stays the same I will be paying 3x what I was 9 years ago with a deductible 5k more than it was 9 years ago. but yeah great thing to let the government decide what I need in my insurance policy . YOU   IGNORANT  FUCK .

Lie

4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Safety glasses are $3? You want me to send you some?

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Lie

I doubt it , I went 2 years without it .  It's a whole different ballgame when it's not coming out of the bosses pocket but your own pocket instead.   WAY MORE than 23 million people LOST their healthcare because of this pos Obunga blunder

Edited by Sal Rosenberg