Check your account email address ×

Full Repeal is now on the table

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

it goes far deeper than that. healthcare is an issue that moves into so many areas that it'll make your fucking head spin. namely, the food that's on our shelves in the grocery store. the medication which approved by the FDA (basically owned by private industry) that's not only many times useless, but harmful. we've regulated tobacco and alcohol. how about regulating something that does ten times the damage....the garbage that we call food on the grocery shelves. 

I'm not saying I disagree but how about American's start buying healthier foods and living a healthier lifestyle on our own.   Its produced because we buy it.   Its not like healthier choices are not available to us.  American's are brainwashed into thinking its the HC system alone that creates a healthy life.  

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

.....as for rationing..start regulating what's on the grocery store shelves and the entire idea of rationing goes away. 

Nope.   Technology is still driving up the cost of care yet.   It will take a long time for food changes to impact cost of care.   I know plenty of active thin people that still have joints replaced.  

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

.....as for rationing..start regulating what's on the grocery store shelves and the entire idea of rationing goes away. 

regulation is the problem, not the solution.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I'm not saying I disagree but how about American's start buying healthier foods and living a healthier lifestyle on our own.   Its produced because we buy it.   Its not like healthier choices are not available to us.  American's are brainwashed into thinking its the HC system alone that creates a healthy life.  

that's a nice theory. unfortunately it doesn't work. if there's shit on the shelves people are going buy and consume it. we don't have a healthcare issue, we have a consumption of shitty food issue. people are fucking dummies when it comes to this issue. the governments task at hand is to protect its citizens. well? 

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Nope.   Technology is still driving up the cost of care yet.   It will take a long time for food changes to impact cost of care.   I know plenty of active thin people that still have joints replaced.  

it's got zero to do with being thin. as for joint issues....mostly diet related. inflammatory foods create havoc with joints. 

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

so is the decision to roll back diet regulations in school lunches going to help, or hinder, that situation?

Just now, Snoslinger said:

so is the decision to roll back diet regulations in school lunches going to help, or hinder, that situation?

:lol:   One size fits all does't work.   I know more young athletes in our HS that couldn't gain weight if they tried.   Schools shouldn't be alone in helping kids get or stay thin/healthy....parents should.  

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

it's got zero to do with being thin. as for joint issues....mostly diet related. inflammatory foods create havoc with joints. 

BS, both play a role.  

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

that's a nice theory. unfortunately it doesn't work. if there's shit on the shelves people are going buy and consume it. we don't have a healthcare issue, we have a consumption of shitty food issue. people are fucking dummies when it comes to this issue. the governments task at hand is to protect its citizens. well? 

So the 20% of the people that drive 75% of the HC costs can be fixed with eating healthy?   :lol:   I'm not saying it wouldn't help but come on that's a massive stretch.   

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So the 20% of the people that drive 75% of the HC costs can be fixed with eating healthy?   :lol:   I'm not saying it wouldn't help but come on that's a massive stretch.   

Wait, I thought we were led to believe it was pre-existing conditions that drive up the cost of HC.  LOL

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Wait, I thought we were led to believe it was pre-existing conditions that drive up the cost of HC.  LOL

Simply put the numbers just don't add up to healthy eating making that huge of impact.  If it did give that 20% free healthy food. :lol:  HC problem solved. :lol:  

The second source that Fish gave us was a chart from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. That chart showed exactly what Bates said: Twenty percent of the population accounts for 80 percent of total expenditures. Maybe even more shockingly, the chart also shows that just 5 percent of the population accounts for 50 percent of all expenditures.

http://www.politifact.com/oregon/statements/2012/feb/23/alan-bates/does-20-percent-population-really-use-80-health-ca/

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

Allow people to buy a plan on the open market, what could be simpler :dunno:  

sure thats worked spectacularly well to control the medical costs in this country and make sure people can afford the care they need,  SMH

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

Allow people to buy a plan on the open market, what could be simpler :dunno:  

Because before people with pre-existing conditions couldnt get coverage.... Thats why dumb ass...

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Simply put the numbers just don't add up to healthy eating making that huge of impact.  If it did give that 20% free healthy food. :lol:  HC problem solved. :lol:  

The second source that Fish gave us was a chart from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. That chart showed exactly what Bates said: Twenty percent of the population accounts for 80 percent of total expenditures. Maybe even more shockingly, the chart also shows that just 5 percent of the population accounts for 50 percent of all expenditures.

http://www.politifact.com/oregon/statements/2012/feb/23/alan-bates/does-20-percent-population-really-use-80-health-ca/

Kill off the 5% and screate an affordable system for the 95%    :news:  

58 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The wife is on a special diet and cant eat alot of ingredients. It is very hard to shop and very expensive. And eating out is nearly impossible. There are so many harmful ingredients in the processed food at the grocery store that you can link almost all common illness to them. Many of them are banned in other countries. Its fucking disgusting. 

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

any form of UHC IMO means that the gov needs to ration healthcare,  esp to seniors where just because you can keep them alive doesn't mean you should.  

I agree. And personally if i get to a ripe old age and am shitting my pants daily and cant take care of myself. Give me the bullet. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I agree. And personally if i get to a ripe old age and am shitting my pants daily and cant take care of myself. Give me the bullet. 

X2. Who the fuck wants to live like that? I saw my grandma curled up in a bed for years and it was disgusting. :flush: 

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

The wife is on a special diet and cant eat alot of ingredients. It is very hard to shop and very expensive. And eating out is nearly impossible. There are so many harmful ingredients in the processed food at the grocery store that you can link almost all common illness to them. Many of them are banned in other countries. Its fucking disgusting. 

there's several studies that estimate diet related illnesses cost over $1 trillion dollars per year in healthcare costs. that's over 25% of the healthcare expenses. that's not including the associated SSDI payments. the cost of eating what's on the store shelves is staggering. 

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

X2. Who the fuck wants to live like that? I saw my grandma curled up in a bed for years and it was disgusting. :flush: 

i think thats why i feel strongly about assited suicide and doctors needing to stop playing god and keeping people alive regardless of quality,  3 of my 4 grandparents could have been allowed to go much more peacefully and at far less expense to the taxpayers,  same with my uncle who has mesothelioma.  

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

there's several studies that estimate diet related illnesses cost over $1 trillion dollars per year in healthcare costs. that's over 25% of the healthcare expenses. that's not including the associated SSDI payments. the cost of eating what's on the store shelves is staggering. 

The wife's doc gave her a bunch of literature on harmful food ingredients and the illnesses they are linked to. It's insane. But the one that is everywhere, high fructose corn syrup, is basically type 2 diabetes in a bottle. And all you have to do is look around at all of these fat little kids. 

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Repeal it :thumb: 

Quality HC insurance is expensive, in fact it's like speed in that the question is: How much do you want?

The answer is as it's always been, how much do you want to spend?

And for the dolts who brought up free market insurance, we have free market insurance in this country, all you have to do is pick up a phone and start shopping.

BULLFUCKINGSHIT it's free market you can't buy across state lines :finger3: