Check your account email address ×

The truth about sports and how the elite use them to control the masses

I get where you were trying to go, you just never got there.  Sports is just entertainment and voluntary at that.  For a large portion of society, it plays no role of significance at all. Now if this was a metaphor of some sorts of how the political arenas work..then yep.

This works also:

:boot:

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Is that Motonoggin starring in that video? :dunno:  

As a rule, I don't put too much faith into the ravings of a man who felt it was best to wear a plaid, short sleeve button up toting a Bic pen in the breast pocket to conduct his interview on the fallacies and manipulation of the human race.  I don't care what year it was.

:lol:

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I get where you were trying to go, you just never got there.  Sports is just entertainment and voluntary at that.  For a large portion of society, it plays no role of significance at all. Now if this was a metaphor of some sorts of how the political arenas work..then yep.

This works also:

:boot:

You're kidding yourself. Americans drop billions each year on entertainment of sports, movies and music. All of which is a distraction from reality. Far more do tgis then ride snowmobiles or other than ff road vehicles . As long as we are distracted we have our eyes off of whats really going on.

Edited by jtssrx

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

You're kidding yourself. Americans drop billions each year on entertainment of sports, movies and music. All of which is a distraction from reality. Far more do tgis then ride snowmobiles or other than ff road vehicles . As long as we are distracted we have our eyes off of whats really going on.

Life is what you make it, and life is short so should enjoy all the distractions you prefer and as many distractions times as you possibly can.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Life is what you make it, and life is short so should enjoy all the distractions you prefer and as many distractions times as you possibly can.

^^^^^^^^I'm with her.

:bc:

People enjoy sports and people like to profit off sports. Competition is part of the human spirit. What I hate about sports is how they fuck you at the ball park! :lol:

• Like 1

the reason athletes are paid so well is not political, it is sales...sell merchandise, sell tickets, sell coke, sell pepsi, sell bud light...sell sell sell....While distracting the public is a helpful event for those lookin g to do their evil deeds, it is certainly not the reason we have sports. Personally I do not give a fuck about sports, unless I am playing. Watching others play has never been my thing.

6 hours ago, Anler said:

People enjoy sports and people like to profit off sports. Competition is part of the human spirit. What I hate about sports is how they fuck you at the ball park! :lol:

One of the reasons I don't care to go to a lot of pro sports events.

12 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Organized stick and ball sports have never held much of my interest, so I guess I"m good.

Same. It amazes me how lots of people have a religious like devotion to organized sports. I think hockey people here are fucking crazy 

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Same. It amazes me how lots of people have a religious like devotion to organized sports. I think hockey people here are fucking crazy 

Yeah I don't get it.  Some fat fuck going on about this one's field goal percentage, or that ones batting average.  WGAF. :lol: 

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

All I have to do at work to get our 1 sports nut going is ask him when they are going to tear down fenway park and join the modern world. :lol:

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah I don't get it.  Some fat fuck going on about this one's field goal percentage, or that ones batting average.  WGAF. :lol: 

I was a big fan when I was young, rubbed off from my dad, but kind of lost interest as I got older. Got sucked back in when I had kids - playing in the yard and at the park with them. Son is a huge sports fan and the only time I go/watch now is with him. 

23 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Is that Motonoggin starring in that video? :dunno:  

Right? That douche in the video is nothing more than an opinionated stick in the mud. I wonder what he thinks of professional wrestling? :lol:

31 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I was a big fan when I was young, rubbed off from my dad, but kind of lost interest as I got older. Got sucked back in when I had kids - playing in the yard and at the park with them. Son is a huge sports fan and the only time I go/watch now is with him. 

I like playing sports just fine, just not into this adulation of overpaid, pampered athletes, 8 dollar beers, licensed gear that you can buy at Walmart, none of it. :lol:  Did I just read that Rory Mclroy or some other golfer is worth 200 million bucks?  For playing golf?  No wonder our society seems to be going down the drain.  How about pay him a million bucks and let everyone buy a new set of Pings for 150 bucks, instead of 1500. :dunno: 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I like playing sports just fine, just not into this adulation of overpaid, pampered athletes, 8 dollar beers, licensed gear that you can buy at Walmart, none of it. :lol:  Did I just read that Rory Mclroy or some other golfer is worth 200 million bucks?  For playing golf?  No wonder our society seems to be going down the drain.  How about pay him a million bucks and let everyone buy a new set of Pings for 150 bucks, instead of 1500. :dunno: 

Steve Jobs was probably worth 200 billion for creating devices that have turned half of society into zombies. :lol:

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

All I have to do at work to get our 1 sports nut going is ask him when they are going to tear down fenway park and join the modern world. :lol:

been saying for years they need to tear that shithole down. horrible place to watch anything,  saw my first concert there last summer and was reminded of why i only go when i have state street or lux box seats.  

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Steve Jobs was probably worth 200 billion for creating devices that have turned half of society into zombies. :lol:

Google says his estate was 19 billion in 2015...and his net worth was 10.9 billion when he died.

8 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Google says his estate was 19 billion in 2015...and his net worth was 10.9 billion when he died.

It was a guess, that's why I said probably, but you had to go run and google it. :lol:

Just now, snoughnut said:

It was a guess, that's why I said probably, but you had to go run and google it. :lol:

I was interested...had nothing to do about proving you wrong....was surprised it wasn't more. :bc: