Check your account email address ×

As if you didn't enjoy your grocery bills enough already...

• Crnr2Crnr changed the title to As if you didn't enjoy your grocery bills enough already...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Kroger, Albertsons to sell 166 more stores seeking approval of $25 billion merger 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/kroger-albertsons-amend-asset-sale-124043739.html

Went to an Albertsons once before. Was dumpy. Never went again.

• Gold Member
29 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

IMG_5834.jpeg

Cokes profits in their financial filings is pretty impressive.  If people are buying it at that price they should keep raising it until they find the ceiling.

27 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Cokes profits in their financial filings is pretty impressive.  If people are buying it at that price they should keep raising it until they find the ceiling.

They hit the ceiling for me.  I'm not paying $9 for a 12 pack of soda.

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

They hit the ceiling for me.  I'm not paying $9 for a 12 pack of soda.

I just heard a Safeway commercial on the radio and it said like $4.89 for a 12 pack with coupon.  The pic likely appears to be from a convience store which are equivalent to pay day loan places that sell junk food.l at a premium.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I just heard a Safeway commercial on the radio and it said like $4.89 for a 12 pack with coupon.  The pic likely appears to be from a convience store which are equivalent to pay day loan places that sell junk food.l at a premium.

have you been to an airport recently? 

:roflcrying:

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

About like a concert or major sporting event?  

two of our nieces are going to see Taylor Swift... 

I asked them to buy me a concert T-shirt for under $100 

:lol:

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

two of our nieces are going to see Taylor Swift... 

I asked them to buy me a concert T-shirt for under $100 

:lol:

Her new album is out.  Heard on talk radio that it has broken all sort of first day Spotify streams, downloads, album sales and such.  As popular and talented as she is a hundo would likely be a bargain for some Taylor merch.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Her new album is out.  Heard on talk radio that it has broken all sort of first day Spotify streams, downloads and album sales.  As popular and talented as she is a hundo would likely be a bargain for some Taylor merch.

I know... and if they're dumb enough to waste the money on one... I'll wear it.  :roflcrying:

That's cheap compared to a drink at a Jay's or Leaf's game. $20 is the kinda the going rate per tall boy.

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

In Indianapolis I'm paying over $5 for a large black coffee.

Finally broke down and got myself a Keurig coffee maker.... finding myself getting a little too lazy to hop in car and pick up my morning coffee lately.   Convenience and cheaper as well. 

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

are there free refills? 

No free refills but it's next to the Spirit gates so always plenty of free entertainment!

6 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Finally broke down and got myself a Keurig coffee maker.... finding myself getting a little too lazy to hop in car and pick up my morning coffee lately.   Convenience and cheaper as well. 

I buy 2 or 3 pound bags at Costco and grind it in the store.  It's probably 50 cents per pot.  Take it in a thermos to work.  Keurig is fine if you only drink a cup a day.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

No free refills but it's next to the Spirit gates so always plenty of free entertainment!

I buy 2 or 3 pound bags at Costco and grind it in the store.  It's probably 50 cents per pot.  Take it in a thermos to work.  Keurig is fine if you only drink a cup a day.

Same here. We do have a keurig but it's the one that does single cup or pot

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Yeah.... it's perfect for me. Wife is not a coffee drinker. I just use the single K cups.  But now I do find myself having an extra cup later in the day....its just so easy and tempting.:lmao:.... I never used to do that.   Plus I was never home usually.

Always went to dunkin' donuts on the way to work and got a medium coffee everyday and that would be it and drink it during our PCM's (pre communication meetings) at work. It was just a routine for me.....

Got shit from my one supervisor once for casually drinking coffee on company time and being a bad influence on the rookies and new hires. :lol: I just ignored and rolled my eyes on that one. 

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1