Check your account email address ×

Credit cards.

19 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I'm at 440, like a great Mopar Motor!

Neal

Here’s what’s so crazy. The numbers have been static for years. I took out a Home Depot card for a discount on construction materials and it popped 5 points. Crazy. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s all we use for the rewards.

Same.

Have no clue what my credit score is. 

Mine varies between 805 and 826. No real rhyme or reason. When I think it should drop it actually goes up and vice versa. 

I think the major consideration is being on time with payments. I have never had a late payment on anything in my life.

It also shows on my credit card whenever I log on..... But this is fairly recent within the last year.

44 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Here’s what’s so crazy. The numbers have been static for years. I took out a Home Depot card for a discount on construction materials and it popped 5 points. Crazy. 

I think sometimes taking out more credit actually helps to a point.

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've never checked mine. Why would I want to know?

Identity theft….  Watching your credit is an awesome way to catch it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've never checked mine. Why would I want to know?

If you're not in the market for any big ticket items then it doesn't really matter..... If you're looking to finance anything such as a car or get a  mortgage, it's kinda nice to know what your score is and if you'll qualify for the best rate available.

Personally, I'm done with all that for the most part...but it's nice to know I can qualify for the best offers of any credit card or car loan should the need arise.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/mortgages/how-your-credit-score-affects-your-mortgage-rates/

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Identity theft….  Watching your credit is an awesome way to catch it.

Yeah.... that's true...

If there's a sudden drop for no reason it's likely your identity may be compromised.

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Mine show up as 850

So you have an absolutely perfect credit score...850.

You are in the top 1.31%.... congrats:bc:

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yep.  Wife is as well.  The few times over the last couple years when I dipped off 850 is when I had a negative credit card balance.  😂 

IMG_4847.png

IMG_4848.png

Edited by BOHICA

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Yep.  Wife is as well.  The few times over the last couple years when I dipped off 850 is when I had a negative credit card balance.  😂 

IMG_4847.png

IMG_4848.png

That's cool man:thumbsup:.... I hope to get there someday. 

But anything over 800 is considered exceptional And there really aren't any other perks or bonuses above it other than bragging rights.  But I'd like to have those bragging rights.:lmao:

And I think you're pretty young too And a lot of the score is reflected on how long you have had credit.....Again nice job and congrats :bc:

• Gold Member
Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

That's cool man:thumbsup:.... I hope to get there someday. 

But anything over 800 is considered exceptional And there really aren't any other perks or bonuses above it other than bragging rights.  But I'd like to have those bragging rights.:lmao:

And I think you're pretty young too And a lot of the score is reflected on how long you have had credit.....Again nice job and congrats :bc:

I’m 47.  My longest credit card is 24 year 9 months.  My available credit card balance I can use is approaching 6 figures.  Not that I would carry any credit card balance.  Don’t go negative balance on your credit cards…. That dings your score!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

If you have a limited number of credit cards with no balance or actually a credit on them with no debts or loans that actually works against you on your credit report.

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

If you have a limited number of credit cards with no balance or actually a credit on them with no debt that works against you on your credit report.

Yeah there's a lot of different factors in play. Some things you do you think you're improving your credit but actually only hurting it.

Mine is like a 820 if i remember right. I spend like 7k a month on one and it’s paid in full. I get all kinds of offers for new ones and emails to do something and card company will up the limit a bunch. I am not sure what the actual limit is because I have never been close to hitting it and would use a credit card on something expensive 

I’ve had the same credit card for 25 years. That’s probably what’s holding me back. Zero debt and one lonely credit card. Now a Home Depot card. :lol: 
6 more cards and I’ll have perfect score. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

If you have a limited number of credit cards with no balance or actually a credit on them with no debts or loans that actually works against you on your credit report.

I have a couple hundred k in credit with no balance and an 850 so that logic doesn't hold from my experience