Check your account email address ×

$1,000 a month

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

IMO most of this inflation is a direct result of the pandemic and global shipping crisis. Shipping fees have skyrocketed the past 3 years.

Very true. The concern many economists have is that we’re on the verge of deflationary cycle. Deflation is a hideous economic feature that lasts for decades and results in massive job losses. Basically what was seen during the Great Depression. While inflation is difficult, it usually runs its course over a few year cycle. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

IMO most of this inflation is a direct result of the pandemic and global shipping crisis. Shipping fees have skyrocketed the past 3 years.

several trillion in stimulus spending, PPP, etc lit the fire under Trump and Biden threw a few pallets and a tractor tire on top of it.

17 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You mean like wanting to cut interest rates to negative zero during an already hot economy? Or passing out trillions of free money consisting of checks that he signed? Every major economist warned that the stimulus was going to result in several years of accelerated inflation. 

pressuring Powell and the federal reserve was sheer lunacy... but that's their guy.  9_9

13 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And pelosi et all wanted even more stimulus spending.  And joe wants to forgive student loans.  How fucked up is the dem party?

pretty fucked up 

it's always awesome how you drive right past the Republicans who also had a hand in it.

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

And greed.

personal, private and corporate...

seems many here are against capitalism.   :dunno:

@Jimmy Snacks @Pete @racer254

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

And yet the magatards are calling for deflation.  Seriously fucked idea.

Japan lost over 10 years due to deflation. From 1990 to 2004 they suffered. Job loses with zero growth or consumption. They call it the lost decade. If that occurs in the US there will be a massive ripple effect across the world because of the scale of the US economy. Nobody wants that. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Pretty messed up when people are laughing off a $1000 per month increase. Especially when a lot of the people feeling it were already living close near paycheck to paycheck before the increase.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

And yet the magatards are calling for deflation.  Seriously fucked idea.

these are seriously intelligent people who clearly see the big picture :thumbsup: 

:sarcasm1:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Pretty messed up when people are laughing off a $1000 per month increase. Especially when a lot of the people feeling it were already living close near paycheck to paycheck before the increase.

would love to see the breakdown of this additional $1k per month... 9_9 

24 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And pelosi et all wanted even more stimulus spending.  And joe wants to forgive student loans.  How fucked up is the dem party?

And so did Trump, it was posted by Ben and others many times, Trump said he would have made the sums larger than what were given.

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

And so did Trump, it was posted by Ben and others many times, Trump said he would have made the sums larger than what were given.

and he insisted upon his name being on the cheques... plus a beautiful letter

1200_collage.jpg

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

would love to see the breakdown of this additional $1k per month... 9_9 

I doubt I am at $12000 per year, but could be close to it.

#100 a month extra for auto insurance. (that pisses me off...)

Electric rates.

Groceries.

Going out to eat or for drinks has increased at lot...I'll guess 20% and more some places.

The price of almost all goods.

The price of purchasing or maintaining and auto has gone through the roof.

Helping my kids with college.

OK, I retract my first statement...I am over 12K a year.

• Like 2

Some facts:

• Most people do not spend $1k/mo on groceries
  • Most people either were locked into a lease or payment on a house before 2024 so housing costs are closed to fixed for most
  • Most people do not spend $1k/mo on gas
  • $1k/mo more per person is an absurd lie

6 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

I doubt I am at $12000 per year, but could be close to it.

#100 a month extra for auto insurance. (that pisses me off...)

Electric rates.

Groceries.

Going out to eat or for drinks has increased at lot...I'll guess 20% and more some places.

The price of almost all goods.

The price of purchasing or maintaining and auto has gone through the roof.

Helping my kids with college.

OK, I retract my first statement...I am over 12K a year.

how does the POTUS control that... any POTUS? 

:news: 

53 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You mean like wanting to cut interest rates to negative zero during an already hot economy? Or passing out trillions of free money consisting of checks that he signed? Every major economist warned that the stimulus was going to result in several years of accelerated inflation. 

Absolutely.  And Biden has given his wandering in the clouds stare ever since.  A couple of complete dinks.

Neal

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Some facts:

• Most people do not spend $1k/mo on groceries
  • Most people either were locked into a lease or payment on a house before 2024 so housing costs are closed to fixed for most
  • Most people do not spend $1k/mo on gas
  • $1k/mo more per person is an absurd lie

as stated... where's the data? 

great attention grabbing headline for the neanderthals amongst us though.

47 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh really?  Where is pete b?  You know, the biden appointed transportation secretary.  Anyone could have done better.  Just loosening some semi regulations would have helped.  Now we have a bridge collapse that will effect it.  Thanks dems

What happened with inflation with phase 2? You never answered that question.

13 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The average and it's very noticeable 

since-biden-took-office.jpg

Since Covid and the crazy monetary policy. But I doubt most people would understand, hence the “since Biden” for dummies. ( not you of course ;))

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

What happened with inflation with phase 2? You never answered that question.

Since Covid and the crazy monetary policy. But I doubt most people would understand, hence the “since Biden” for dummies. ( not you of course ;))

racertard won't 

as for the other mental midget... 

Screenshot_20240411-093651.png

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

This period in very much like the late “70’s and early “80’s. Home and housing weren’t as high, but home interest rates were 18-20%. That made homes unaffordable for many. Food prices increased at the same inflationary rate as recent times. The area I lived was very depressed economically so I picked up and moved. I think the one advantage that boomers had was their risk taking abilities. I don’t see that with GenZ’s. They’re afraid of their own fucking shadow. 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Shrinkflation

Nothing to see here….

IMG_2233.jpeg

IMG_2232.jpeg

IMG_2231.jpeg

IMG_2230.jpeg

thanks Joe.  it's all his fault companies are trying to maximize profit it's not because we live in a capitalistic society.  /S

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

thanks Joe.  it's all his fault companies are trying to maximize profit it's not because we live in a capitalistic society.  /S

Trump not accepting the fact there was a worldwide pandemic for 6 months. Then denying it existed, creating conspiracy theories, insulting his own world leading infectious experts delayed the recovery. Not to forget the hundreds of thousands of Americans whose lives were lost due to his incompetence.

Trump through his incompetence allowed corporate America to profit through pure greed.

Edited by Mainecat
  • Haha 1