Check your account email address ×

April 8th eclipse

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

IMG_2226.jpeg

Really dude? Every thread? Just enjoy mother nature's art display.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Less than 3 minutes away here until it's here.

Nice it's pretty dark here... I can only imagine what it's like up your way

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Nice it's pretty dark here... I can only imagine what it's like up your way

I honestly didn't think that it would be that cool to experience as it was. I don't know if I would travel halfway across the country to see it. But very happy to have witnessed :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, polaris7541 said:

ok this is the third i have seen ,, yes im really f8888 old  its ok 

It was the first total eclipse for me. I've seen several partials and there is no comparison.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

It was the first total eclipse for me. I've seen several partials and there is no comparison.

Yeah, when it hit 100% it was pretty fucking cool! The ring was awesome! Cooled off bigtime as well.

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Eclipse traffic is fucking crazy!

I had to go to Ottawa this morning @ 11 going north from Prescott on hwy 16, and I couldn,t believe the bumper to bumper traffic heading south on 416 this morning. I was totally shocked, as I have never witnessed this since they built the 416 hwy. I became part of that southbound traffic around 12.30, and both lanes were bumper to bumper the whole way down to the 401. Unreal ! I,m not sure how much different the view would of been for the people living in Ottawa, which is like 45 minutes north of us. We watched it happen on tv, and it did get freakishly dark here for about 5-8 minutes, but all back to normal now. There were 3 cops directing traffic at the Prescott exit, and carefully watching as vehicles backed up on the off ramp, and made sure too keep traffic rolling thru the stop sign so people wouldn,t be stopped way back on the 401 hwy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, akvanden said:

So when does the world end? Does that start today or tomorrow?

I was really hoping for a Rapture. :lol:

• Haha 2

• Gold Member

Cloudy here in Philly as well but it got noticbly darker. Ive seen a couple eclipse's tho sonits cool.

• Like 1

97% here Pittsburgh Pa. it was a small sliver from 6:00 to 12:00  then it kind went towards the bottom 3:00 to 9:00 then slowly pretty much straight back up to 12:00 and over with. I felt the temps drop a little and a light breeze, dogs barking and birds sounding like it was getting to rain or the sun going down for the night....... still pretty cool to watch for a partial.

• Like 1