Check your account email address ×

April 8th eclipse

5 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Don’t forget your welding helmets…

Needed a set of auto darkening goggles for plasma cutting anyway, so I’ve bought a set of them and have my welding helmet.

We are in the path for a 2 hr, %96 eclipse.

The gods are angry. 

Sodom and Gomorrah.

I feel I may be partially responsible…maybe more than partially 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, ckf said:

Are any of you guys planning on trying to catch the eclipse on Monday?

As long as the sky is clear it will be passing directly over us here in northern Vermont.

The wife and I are going to head into VT a bit. Probably Kirby/victory area

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dsupercat said:

This is happening because of global warming!

I suggest you make haste for your local medical professional.

Blocking the sun should cause a cooling effect.

Perhaps this anomaly, only affecting you, is caused by a recent vaccination or 5g install in your neighborhood.

Do not pass GO, do not collect $200, go directly to the hospital.

I’ll be packing heat. You never know. Eclipse zombies………..

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I’ll be packing heat. You never know. Eclipse zombies………..

Packing heat isn’t legal in Canada.

Unless you are on your own property.

Lol, last week my brother in law told me of the plan he gave his kids for the shit hits the fan scenario.

Its get to uncle Matt’s place.

Everyone has a crazy uncle..guess that’s me.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Packing heat isn’t legal in Canada.

Unless you are on your own property.

Lol, last week my brother in law told me of the plan he gave his kids for the shit hits the fan scenario.

Its get to uncle Matt’s place.

Everyone has a crazy uncle..guess that’s me.

In Vermont allows concealed carry for anyone that can legally own a gun.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shifty said:

The wife and I are going to head into VT a bit. Probably Kirby/victory area

We actually have to go to Littleton in the morning. I have an appointment with Dr Uma..... You know the rest, lol.  I'm not sure where we are going to be for the explore yet.

8 hours ago, ckf said:

I didn't realize that it was going to be as popular as it appears to be. From what I understand a lot of the available rooms and vacation rentals in the area are booked due to the event.

It is crazy  ,10,000 rooms been sold out for weeks for something that lasts 3 minutes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

I suggest you make haste for your local medical professional.

Blocking the sun should cause a cooling effect.

Perhaps this anomaly, only affecting you, is caused by a recent vaccination or 5g install in your neighborhood.

Do not pass GO, do not collect $200, go directly to the hospital.

You left out the vax 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ckf said:

Are any of you guys planning on trying to catch the eclipse on Monday?

As long as the sky is clear it will be passing directly over us here in northern Vermont.

We are in the direct path, all the hotels in Syracuse are booked full (based on what the local news is saying) also they are really pumping up the scare, the County Executive was on the radio this morning telling everyone to make sure everyone had a full tank in their cars and are stocked up on groceries..It's like a 5-ish hour event from what I have read (very little research) but yeah, we are all planning on tossing on the welding helmet and taking a look for a bit and then back to work..

Edited by Rigid1
Auto correct
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

We are in the direct path, all the hotels in Syracuse are booked full (based on what the local news is saying) also they are really pumping up the scare, the County Executive was on the radio this morning telling everyone to make sure everyone had a full tank in their cars and are stocked up on groceries..It's like a 5-ish hour event from what I have read (very little research) but yeah, we are all planning on tossing on the welding helmet and taking a look for a bit and then back to work..

It's 3 to 4 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

On the down side is the remarkable greed that happens. I'm all about capitalism but some of the shit happening is bs. Rumor is that gas prices, of which is pretty much controlled in our area by one supplier, will have a $2 raise in price. Fields are being rented out for $50 per person, shit like that. If anyone wants to sit in my yard let me know, it's on the house!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It's 3 to 4 minutes. 

I was going by what the local news said and what I heard on the radio this morning about the path it's taking thru Syracuse NY, I was speaking casually not like I was trying to be exact. 

Anyway

Looks like you might be thinking when the "total eclipse" is happening. From start to finish here it's a few hours process..

Screenshot_20240404-200947.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

432958049_897974968796270_31711998187122

Yup.... It really should be cool.... A few years back we had maybe 30% coverage and it was definitely noticeable.  I remember I was home from work for lunch when it happened.   

10 hours ago, Steve753 said:

It's 3 to 4 minutes. 

9 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I was going by what the local news said and what I heard on the radio this morning about the path it's taking thru Syracuse NY, I was speaking casually not like I was trying to be exact. 

Anyway

Looks like you might be thinking when the "total eclipse" is happening. From start to finish here it's a few hours process..

Screenshot_20240404-200947.png

Total eclipse lasts several minutes, if you want to watch the eclipse from partial to total and back to partial it will take several hours if you want time lapse pics or video....... :thumbsup:......:beer_cheers:

image.thumb.png.dfd3de415a7c853fadf124be97652503.png

Solar Eclipse Sun GIF by HuffPost

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ckf said:

We actually have to go to Littleton in the morning. I have an appointment with Dr Uma..... You know the rest, lol.  I'm not sure where we are going to be for the explore yet.

We were planning on an early dinner at the mooselook diner in concord after but realized they are b-fast lunch only on Mon-wed

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 1