Check your account email address ×

don't think abortion isn't on the ballot...

Hopefully the GOP is capable of actually debating the topic instead of rolling over and letting the Dems beat them up over it.  Banned is a strong word ... and it's completely wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Old, ugly,  women + feminine,  half men +crazy bible thumpers,  care about abortion. 

how'd the red wave work out for them... old white guy?  women are getting sick of old white men running their lives.  if course it's a state issue but the Dems are going to play on their emotions like a fiddle before the general 

11 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Hopefully the GOP is capable of actually debating the topic instead of rolling over and letting the Dems beat them up over it.  Banned is a strong word ... and it's completely wrong.

it's going to be a math problem... keep the antiabortion/white evangelicals, etc. happy or every other woman? 

Trump is going to have to decide on the six week ban before they hold his hand to the fire. 

20 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how'd the red wave work out for them... old white guy?  women are getting sick of old white men running their lives.  if course it's a state issue but the Dems are going to play on their emotions like a fiddle before the general 

it's going to be a math problem... keep the antiabortion/white evangelicals, etc. happy or every other woman? 

Trump is going to have to decide on the six week ban before they hold his hand to the fire. 

Jesus dude. :lol: Are you seriously trying to out faggot snowrider?  

hOWs tHOsE dAuGhteRS ????  Derrrr! 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We all know it's about extremes ... it's either you're pro-life or pro-choice.  I don't see it that way, but I can't say anything because I'm a male (and a whitey, of course).  Where I despise the topic is the idea of letting a woman make that decision beyond a certain time ... let's just say it's 3 months.  With the exception of a pregnancy becoming a health issue or viability issue, obviously.  But the idea of going damn near full term and then having an abortion because you don't want the baby?  There should be something in place to prevent that when both the mother and baby are healthy.  I could go on & on, but it's not worth the bandwidth.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Jesus dude. :lol: Are you seriously trying to out faggot snowrider?  

hOWs tHOsE dAuGhteRS ????  Derrrr! 

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

We all know it's about extremes ... it's either you're pro-life or pro-choice.  I don't see it that way, but I can't say anything because I'm a male (and a whitey, of course).  Where I despise the topic is the idea of letting a woman make that decision beyond a certain time ... let's just say it's 3 months.  With the exception of a pregnancy becoming a health issue or viability issue, obviously.  But the idea of going damn near full term and then having an abortion because you don't want the baby?  There should be something in place to prevent that when both the mother and baby are healthy.  I could go on & on, but it's not worth the bandwidth.  

we lack the common sense and civility for the matter not to be black or white it seems.  Trump is a fucking asshole, but even he sees he's going to have to land somewhere in between the two from my pov.  you can't alienate a majority and expect to win.

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you can't alienate a majority and expect to win.

Therein lies the problem.  The "majority" on this topic are women (or some special types of men) who will never have a baby.  Additionally, they prioritize the abortion topic over the economy, the border, foreign policy, etc.  I don't disagree that Trump will have to find a way to work over this minefield, and he'll likely hit a few land mines in the process.  The Dems know this is an easy topic, as witnessed in the 2022 election cycle.  And the more they can keep it in the headlines, the better for them.  The GOP needs a reasonable answer and an ability to pivot to other topics that concern EVERY AMERICAN.

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Therein lies the problem.  The "majority" on this topic are women (or some special types of men) who will never have a baby.  Additionally, they prioritize the abortion topic over the economy, the border, foreign policy, etc.  I don't disagree that Trump will have to find a way to work over this minefield, and he'll likely hit a few land mines in the process.  The Dems know this is an easy topic, as witnessed in the 2022 election cycle.  And the more they can keep it in the headlines, the better for them.  The GOP needs a reasonable answer and an ability to pivot to other topics that concern EVERY AMERICAN.

I don't disagree but the playbook on this topic is open and everyone knows the game plan. 

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

It's always on the ballot, up here as well.

It's no different than the gun debate. 

Someone who will never own a gun, will get all hot and bothered that I may want to have one.  My owning said gun will have absolutely zero impact on their life.

That same person may get all uppity that someone else will have an abortion, which will also have zero impact on their life.

The judges that the O'range devil put in place,  have put abortion front and center of this election.

Bunch of lying turd faces they turned out to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rod said:

Karen wonders why everyone thinks he’s stupid lol

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt - It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I don't disagree but the playbook on this topic is open and everyone knows the game plan. 

Roe vs Wade was always considered an emotional decision that wasn't based in law, even Ruth Ginsburg said it wouldn't hold up to scrutiny. If the Democrats are so Hell bent on it becoming federally controlled wouldn't now be a good time to make legislation that supports it? The only thing overturning Roe vs Wade achieved is turning it over to individual States, so why is that such an issue? I'm all for less Federal Government overreach. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Roe vs Wade was always considered an emotional decision that wasn't based in law, even Ruth Ginsburg said it wouldn't hold up to scrutiny. If the Democrats are so Hell bent on it becoming federally controlled wouldn't now be a good time to make legislation that supports it? The only thing overturning Roe vs Wade achieved is turning it over to individual States, so why is that such an issue? I'm all for less Federal Government overreach. 

they had more than ample time to make it law... but :dunno:

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Even though the Democrats in control of the senate have chosen not to address it, each State is addressing it and that's the way it should be. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Even though the Democrats in control of the senate have chosen not to address it, each State is addressing it and that's the way it should be. 

'it' was definitely part of the sotu... 

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt - It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid.

When are you going to take your own trite advice?

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They don't want to make it law, if they do it can't be used as a voting issue. Neither side really gives a shit. It's just another way to keep us divided. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cat45 said:

They don't want to make it law, if they do it can't be used as a voting issue. Neither side really gives a shit. It's just another way to keep us divided. 

agreed :thumbsup:

On 3/8/2024 at 12:31 AM, Cat45 said:

But they do make laws. 

Contrast Texas and California. 

The divisions are there whether government gets involved or not.

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

But they do make laws. 

Contrast Texas and California. 

The divisions are there whether government gets involved or not

I was talking more on the fed level about the laws. It should be up to the states and keep the feds out of it. 

• Like 1