Check your account email address ×

‘25 Polaris - amazing shit coming or they aren’t coming out with shit?

14 minutes ago, krom said:

turbo has more top end because it makes more hp

I haven't torn down and measured both engines, but I'm willing to bet the 9 has higher compression ratio, and different porting than the turbo machine, hence the better response.

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, krom said:

turbo has more top end because it makes more hp

I haven't torn down and measured both engines, but I'm willing to bet the 9 has higher compression ratio, and different porting than the turbo machine, hence the better response.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

So an 850, 850 Boost, 9R, and a 9R Boost?  It doesn't make sense unless they entirely change course on the 850 ... which I don't see happening (not this year anyway).

Cylinder is the same between the N/A and Boost 850.  Head and pistons are different.

33 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I don’t feel as bad about the 858 not making more power than the 9R after seeing the price on a 9R XCR

Yeah, the $5k adder is a big ole fuck you.  Jesus Polaris.

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You would have to be insane or have a really really small wiener to buy one over an 850

Just got home and still haven't seen the official release, other than a couple Facebook posts from the ambassador guys.  So, first thing's first ... no 9R Boost? :lol:

Dynamix Shocks are supposed to be the cat's meow, but I'm sure the price tag to go with it is absurd.  My buddy said he figured the 9R XCR would be right up there with the Boost ($22K before getting it out the door).  If that's true .. good luck to Polaris on selling much this year, after the shit year 2024 was for a snow season.

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I see they have that fox active ride control on it. Makes the atac obsolete 

Not even close! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I see they have that fox active ride control on it. Makes the atac obsolete 

Absolutely insane that cat would let that go to polaris before they have it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

So you've ridden both?

Poop has how much experience on wiring shocks on a sled? That is just one. 3500 price difference? 2.

On 2/28/2024 at 12:59 PM, AK440 said:

I just called the Poo race department and know what it is.… Boost 9R

On 2/28/2024 at 2:01 PM, AK440 said:

Please do! I’d like to hear what Ben tells you when you call and say, “Hey, i know you’re very busy but I like to argue on the interweb and did you just get a call from AK440 asking about the MY25 release. Oh… what? No one by the name of AK440 called, well gee, ummm, who else have you spoken with this morning? I’d like the names of everyone you’ve spoken with for the past 4 hours because this internet arguing thing you see. Oh, you don’t have time for this shit, wait! This is Crn2Crn and I just called him out on a forum… Hello? hello? You still there? Ben…?” 

Let me know how that goes for you. :lol2::idiot:

Out to dinner with family... can anyone tell me at what point in the video they announce the... Boost 9R?  It's kinda noisy in here... 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not even close! 

so a system that monitors breaking, acceleration (in all directions) and several other factors, then adjusts all 4 shocks 200 times a second, isn't even close to one you set on low and never touch all season???

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not even close! 

You can adjust the atac from 1-2-3 as needed 200 times a second? The Polaris does and also does the rebound. 

Just now, Not greg b said:

You can adjust the atac from 1-2-3 as needed 200 times a second? The Polaris does and also does the rebound. 

Instead of riding 80, Jim only rides 8 so his only need to adjust 20 times a second.

14 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Absolutely insane that cat would let that go to polaris before they have it

They can't even get the valving right on the standard shocks, you want them to valve, and calibrate software too

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

I can't look at the sled builder from my phone ATM without my reading glasses... but Lynx said hold my beer, we have a $25K trail sled.

2 minutes ago, krom said:

They can't even get the valving right on the standard shocks, you want them to valve, and calibrate software too

Better than a stop ride, I suppose.  Opinion as well. Greg is an idiot. 

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

And a certain stop ride in the making. Poo special!