Check your account email address ×

‘25 Polaris - amazing shit coming or they aren’t coming out with shit?

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

So........any ideas as to what Polaris is bringing to the table?

I haven’t heard much of anything other than possibly a 9R trail sled.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Maybe when the dollars start to dry up around here somebody will take notice.

I'm guessing as a kid playing hide and seek , nobody could hide from you :bc:

Even when the other kids weren't really playing.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I haven’t heard much of anything other than possibly a 9R trail sled.

I think the 9R trail sled is a pretty safe bet.  The bigger question is going to be what kind of shock packages Polaris comes out with for '25 and what models will those shocks will be on (if they happen).  When they came out with the 9R, I was pretty set on thinking I'd be owning a 9R in the XCR package, but I'm not 100% sold on that if they make it a $20K+ model.  The 850 (well, 840) does a pretty damn good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I think the 9R trail sled is a pretty safe bet.  The bigger question is going to be what kind of shock packages Polaris comes out with for '25 and what models will those shocks will be on (if they happen).  When they came out with the 9R, I was pretty set on thinking I'd be owning a 9R in the XCR package, but I'm not 100% sold on that if they make it a $20K+ model.  The 850 (well, 840) does a pretty damn good.

Probably all walker evans since they bought the company. And also more gas explosion recalls 

22 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Fat ass, an XCR sticker isn’t going to fool anyone. They can just look at you and plainly see you’re a big tub of shit squatting out a sled that’s meant to be ditch banged.:lmao:

7 hours ago, AK440 said:

Fat ass, an XCR sticker isn’t going to fool anyone. They can just look at you and plainly see you’re a big tub of shit squatting out a sled that’s meant to be ditch banged.:lmao:

XCR'S are still undersprung from the factory.  JJ322/Southside have been putting the Cross Country springs on them all year and before the CC came out Polaris Racing had their racers changing out the springs on the XCR for terrain racing.  

968429838_ScreenShot2019-03-21at9_25_05PM.png.87ee7bc9a120500737fcfa228665d170.png

a bit mushy for a 250lber off a not very big jump. 

• Like 1

The VR1 is even softer than the XCR, but a well-respected shock service fixes that.  We all know Alaskan Karen can't afford shock work, let alone a new sled.  He's just angry because others can afford new toys and accessories and the only thing he can afford is washer fluid that's on sale at the local gas station.   Poor guy ... always so angry.  I hate to see what kind of mental health he'll be dealing with next year when the snow returns.  Maybe him and his new buddy can get a 2-for-1 deal with said buddy's neurologist :lol:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The VR1 is even softer than the XCR, but a well-respected shock service fixes that. 

I know you had yours revalved but it you do find it soft the Cross Country Springs aren't terribly expensive but assume the shocks were valved specifically for the stock springs and your weight. 

ski springs 

SPRING-COMP.362X11" 150# 2 BLK

7046146-458

fts springs

SPRING-COMP 135/185#8 2 MBLK

7045856-458

idk if you put the beefier torsions in it but converting to the CC long tail torsions requires more pieces

here's the suggested setup for the 2021 XCR (before the Cross Country)

Suspension Springs: IFS: 125lbs/in coil over spring 10” x 2.25”I.D. (#7045096-458)

Front track: 250/225lb/in dual rate coil over spring package. Order from: (www.hygearsuspension.com PN# 30-35-005)

Rear torsion: 13lin/lbs@80degree torsion springs 7045208-329 & 7045207-329

https://cdn1.polaris.com/globalassets/snow/root/team-polaris/racer-resources/cross-contry/setup-information/2021-600-indy-xcr-cross-country-terrain-racing-set-up-sheet.pdf?v=89142f36 

or, just leave the fucker stock because we're never going to get winter again... ever!   :roflcrying:

for reference 

2024 XCR 850 136

ski springs

SPRG-CMP .306X10.00 100#2 BLK

7045298-458

fts spring

SPRING-COMP 90/280#X8.1 2 MBLK

7045374-458

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

XCR'S are still undersprung from the factory.  JJ322/Southside have been putting the Cross Country springs on them all year and before the CC came out Polaris Racing had their racers changing out the springs on the XCR for terrain racing.  

968429838_ScreenShot2019-03-21at9_25_05PM.png.87ee7bc9a120500737fcfa228665d170.png

A guy I used to work with said for CC racing he ran his suspension as soft as possible unlike when he raced snocross. His multiple Hearst Ironman 250 wins and top 10 finishes in the I-500 tell me he knows what he's talking about.

David Stenlund, former Arctic Cat factory pro racer :bc:

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Wow, it's almost like it's not calibrated perfectly for all sizes and types of riders for all different types of riding!

If it were green (or blue), we'd mercilessly cry on the internet about how we care about the company going out of business while shitting on them every chance we get.  At least they got their clutch calibration spot on with no need for any tuning ever.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HSR said:

A guy I used to work with said for CC racing he ran his suspension as soft as possible unlike when he raced snocross. His multiple Hearst Ironman 250 wins and top 10 finishes in the I-500 tell me he knows what he's talking about.

David Stenlund, former Arctic Cat factory pro racer :bc:

everyone has personal preferences... stock setup is generic, even with factory RACE sleds.  but they have to set a baseline somewhere.   

Just now, mnstang said:

Wow, it's almost like it's not calibrated perfectly for all sizes and types of riders for all different types of riding!

If it were green (or blue), we'd mercilessly cry on the internet about how we care about the company going out of business while shitting on them every chance we get.  At least they got their clutch calibration spot on with no need for any tuning ever.

is that :sarcasm1: I sense? 

:roflcrying:

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

everyone has personal preferences... stock setup is generic, even with factory RACE sleds.  but they have to set a baseline somewhere.   

Very true, also not many pro racers are 250+ lbs barhoppers like some of the hot shot racers here. 

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

Very true, also not many pro racers are 250+ lbs barhoppers like some of the hot shot racers here. 

some here don't even own a sled... :whistle:

I chuckle here reading the digs at people who run their qs3 on 1.  If the trails are smooth like they normally are for me where I ride, I'm going to run one.  I guess I don't have an ego to the point I have to unecessarily run a stiffer click setting to prove that I'm the second coming to Tucker even though setting one isn't moving half the travel of the shock.  I care about enjoying the ride and if you're unecessarily stiff for the sake of feeling badass, well that's just stupid and it does affect your energy levels throughout a day.  Just like if you're getting blasted by wind all day with a fly screen windshield.  You're not going to feel very fresh at the end of a day in comparison to having some comfort in these areas.  But hey at least you look badass with the cranked shocks and tiny windshield.  Even if lxr's are passing you..

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Tell Pulp Fiction GIF

Oops I just quoted you, I guess you owned me!

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:lol: True.

I just find the 300lb Charlie Brown's stuffed into their Klim gear riding groomed trails on their X-C-R from bar to bar and talk about their "suspension" to be as funny as the kids with Mohawk helmets,backpacks and shovels riding a Pro Rmk at sea level to dip on and off a groomed trail.

Clowns :lmao:

7 minutes ago, HSR said:

:lol: True.

I just find the 300lb Charlie Brown's stuffed into their Klim gear riding groomed trails on their X-C-R from bar to bar and talk about their "suspension" to be as funny as the kids with Mohawk helmets,backpacks and shovels riding a Pro Rmk at sea level to dip on and off a groomed trail.

Clowns :lmao:

not this year... :sad:

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

oh, what's wrong with the current one?  

:news:

Better question, can the internet support the recall bandwidth requirements for a new chassis Polaris 

• Confused 1