Check your account email address ×

do you suck at driving?

28 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Here's a case that is local to me. It's a real hit to our local health system to lose a M.D. it will definitely be interesting to see if he's guilty.

https://www.startribune.com/signficant-facts-point-to-edina-man-in-doctors-hit-and-run-death-near-lake-mille-lacs/600339948/

Sad story but I seriously cannot figure out why people put themselves in these situations.  169 is a major Highway, even with 55mph speed limits there are plenty of places where a distracted driver could wander into the shoulder if only for a brief moment.  Biking or running, that road is not a place for “pedestrians” IMO.  I won’t put my trust in other people in that situation.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Sad story but I seriously cannot figure out why people put themselves in these situations.  169 is a major Highway, even with 55mph speed limits there are plenty of places where a distracted driver could wander into the shoulder if only for a brief moment.  Biking or running, that road is not a place for “pedestrians” IMO.  I won’t put my trust in other people in that situation.

I agree with you, I'd never walk along that road. She lived on the west side of 169 and usually walked a short distance to get to the frontage road along the lake. Just an unfortunate situation. 

7 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Ill be a bass head for life. 

Ive been to competitions and seen Guys there in their 60s with nutty systems. 

You either like loud bass or dont . Its a hobby. 

I like it to sound good and have a studio like response.

Only quoting because Steve Meade is an idiot and a crook.  Did a lot for the industry, but cheating it like hell.

• Gold Member
42 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I like it to sound good and have a studio like response.

Only quoting because Steve Meade is an idiot and a crook.  Did a lot for the industry, but cheating it like hell.

Yeah well I agree Steve Meade seems like a doosh the couple times I interacted with Him . I just love that old Tahoe he built back in the day. 

the temperature when I left work, and the SALTED interstate and county road on the way home. 

we've let Darwin stop winning 

this is what's wrong with America... 

IMG_20240227_153117786.jpg

IMG_20240227_153304827_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240227_154209802.jpg

• Like 1

If the temps start dropping there, like they did here this afternoon, you'll understand why that chemical was put down.  It got downright chilly (mostly due to the wind).

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

If the temps start dropping there, like they did here this afternoon, you'll understand why that chemical was put down.  It got downright chilly (mostly due to the wind).

how the hell did you and I survive without ABS, AWD, Traction control, Stability Control, Lane Departure, Modern Tire Technology, Crumple Zones, 14 airbags, etc. and probably not even wearing a seat belt as kids or even teenagers? 

it's a goddamn miracle we're even alive?

OMG, it might rain, snow or get slippery on the roads in Northern Wisconsin or Minnesota!!! 😱

• Like 1

Look at it another way ... they haven't been able to use much of their sand/salt/chemical this season so may as well get it out there when the odds are shitty weather will hit overnight.  I guess I don't really see the issue with it, but if that's what trips your trigger ... so be it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Look at it another way ... they haven't been able to use much of their sand/salt/chemical this season so may as well get it out there when the odds are shitty weather will hit overnight.  I guess I don't really see the issue with it, but if that's what trips your trigger ... so be it :thumbsup:

road salt is an enormous peeve of mine... ruins the roads, ruins our vehicles, creates ice and slush which is technically more dangerous than driving on snow and it's not good for our ground or surface water as all that salt water ends up somewhere.  then there's the financial aspect... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah well I agree Steve Meade seems like a doosh the couple times I interacted with Him . I just love that old Tahoe he built back in the day. 

He hates me.  I obliterated his gain setter and distortion detector.  He brought his engineer out and made them both look like fools.  The thing is useless and a ripoff. Doesn't work at all.  That's another whole story though.  He is keen to rip off anyone he can.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

road salt is an enormous peeve of mine... ruins the roads, ruins our vehicles, creates ice and slush which is technically more dangerous than driving on snow and it's not good for our ground or surface water as all that salt water ends up somewhere.  then there's the financial aspect... 

Meh .. next thing you're gonna tell me is carbides and studs are a pet peeve of yours for the damage they do at snowmobile crossings!! LOL 

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Meh .. next thing you're gonna tell me is carbides and studs are a pet peeve of yours for the damage they do at snowmobile crossings!! LOL 

nope... that's perfectly acceptable. 

roads look great at snowmobile crossings this year.  

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

He hates me.  I obliterated his gain setter and distortion detector.  He brought his engineer out and made them both look like fools.  The thing is useless and a ripoff. Doesn't work at all.  That's another whole story though.  He is keen to rip off anyone he can.

Dude that's awesome :lol: :bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Hey for once we can agree .

I fucking hate it man. Here in CT they just waste the shit its so frustrating  

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 2/26/2024 at 8:02 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

if you're reading this probably not as you're old, quite fat and likely white

is it cell phones, factory installed driver aids, shitty tires, increased MPH on the interstate, too much powa', or just the utter f'ng incompetence of society today?

idk, but it's likely a combination give or take other parameters not mentioned... 

The number of fatal car crashes in each state has risen significantly over the last several years. From 2018 to 2022, the number of deadly accidents in the United States increased by more than 16% — from 36,835 fatal car crashes in 2018 to 42,795 fatal car crashes in 2022.

https://www.usatoday.com/money/blueprint/auto-insurance/fatal-car-crash-statistics/

the great news is auto related deaths are lower than vaccination deaths for those in the back of the room. 

when our daughter got her D/L a year ago I taught her not only defensive driving, but offensive driving with all the safety nanny's on my wifes car turned off on the icy/snow covered hills and parking lots nearby as that's the way I was taught, numerous decades prior.  

I went to driving school at Watkins Glen, This will be my 6th season ..Chances are you'd shit your pants in my truck with me going around a corner, you'll scream like a woman in the 7fity...:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I went to driving school at Watkins Glen, This will be my 6th season ..Chances are you'd shit your pants in my truck with me going around a corner, you'll scream like a woman in the 7fity...:lol:

winter driving school?  :)

my old man was a high speed driving instructor for the WI state patrol in the 70's and 80's... so I can hold my own  ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Here's a case that is local to me. It's a real hit to our local health system to lose a M.D. it will definitely be interesting to see if he's guilty.

https://www.startribune.com/signficant-facts-point-to-edina-man-in-doctors-hit-and-run-death-near-lake-mille-lacs/600339948/

9 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I find it odd that every article I read about it, the guy seems to be trying to weasel out of it and point fingers at everyone other then the person responsible for operating the car.

Some of the worst drivers on the road are the EV/hybrid drivers.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

winter driving school?  :)

my old man was a high speed driving instructor for the WI state patrol in the 70's and 80's... so I can hold my own  ;)

Nope, only summer, I do it thru the BMW auto club, you don't have to own a BMW, as long as you want to drive and have something capable. It's a lot of fun and great people!!

• Like 3