Check your account email address ×

Well today it is official

15 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

they're all junk 

There is a pretty big outfit in Arizona i believe called Shock Therapy that obviously does suspension upgrades. they have a pretty extensive racing program that covers all the brands. the guy basically says the only mfg that they don't have to add bracing to is the Kawasaki. when i was shopping i ran across a dealer that carried all the lines and his opinion was that BRP was the best made and that the Kawasaki was the most rugged. having worked on all my friends buggies and my own i would agree with the experts but i would buy a Yamaha in a second as well. Not trashing your stuff just giving you what i have seen so far over the last few years.

Edited by Carlos Danger

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

There is a pretty big outfit in Arizona i believe called Shock Therapy that obviously does suspension upgrades. they have a pretty extensive racing program that covers all the brands. the guy basically says the only mfg that they don't have to add bracing to is the Kawasaki. when i was shopping i ran across a dealer that carried all the lines and his opinion was that BRP was the best made and that the Kawasaki was the most rugged. having worked on all my friends buggies and my own i would agree with the experts but i would buy a Yamaha in a second as well. Not trashing your stuff just giving you what i have seen so far over the last few years.

Vast majority of the performance wheelers running Glamis and Moab are Polaris. It's probably 5:1.

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Vast majority of the performance wheelers running Glamis and Moab are Polaris. It's probably 5:1.

I am not saying they are not popular I am saying they break alot.  Pretty colors fancy plastics I mean i get why they sell but I am a mechanic and I just don't want to wrench on broken crap. Just Me is all.

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

the thing is a G2 is a tank.

Absolutely but the virage is a tank as well. The g2 is such a cool motor. It’s a shame what brp did there. 

5 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It just doesn't snow around here enough. I used to get some after work riding around the neighborhood and maybe an hour and a half drive to trails but now there is nothing. Plus my speed addiction is boats.

I never thought I would never own at least one sled and be a boat guy…..but here I am.
Winters are done here.  

I have a couple of older sleds (2007-2008) that I have been trying to bring myself to sell. 

Haven't even fired them up this year. Between lack of snow and lack of ambition I just can't be bothered.

• Sad 1

On 2/4/2024 at 6:15 PM, Carlos Danger said:

We've been looking for something to do as a family a few times a year and are kind of leaning towards a 4 seat SxS.

Been eyeing up Honda Talon's and Kawasaki Teryx's.  If Yamaha made that Y?? 1000 in a 4 seater, I'd consider that too.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

We've been looking for something to do as a family a few times a year and are kind of leaning towards a 4 seat SxS.

Been eyeing up Honda Talon's and Kawasaki Teryx's.  If Yamaha made that Y?? 1000 in a 4 seater, I'd consider that too.

Have a couple of Kawasaki's in the group including a Teryx. Honda's are kind of goofy. Yamaha makes nice stuff. I am not sure what it is like by you but the 65 inch machines are not that great around here most of us have the 60 inch machines.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Have a couple of Kawasaki's in the group including a Teryx. Honda's are kind of goofy. Yamaha makes nice stuff. I am not sure what it is like by you but the 65 inch machines are not that great around here most of us have the 60 inch machines.

Im going to pull the trigger on this one I think. Was in looking at it today. It makes my X3 I have now look ancient.

Screenshot_20240205_192359.jpg

Screenshot_20240205_192418.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Im going to pull the trigger on this one I think. Was in looking at it today. It makes my X3 I have now look ancient.

Screenshot_20240205_192359.jpg

Screenshot_20240205_192418.jpg

Buy it in Mexico . 

save a few bucks doofus :lol:

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Well, by us there are no trails and it is all farm fields and gravel roads, but we'd probably going out West with it or down to the SE.

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Polaris 1000xp 4,  Yammie Rmax4 or Talon4.   i would not do teryx or X3 max.   talons DCT if you fit comfortably in it would prob make it my choice

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Well, by us there are no trails and it is all farm fields and gravel roads, but we'd probably going out West with it or down to the SE.

in that case i would go 65.  i have had 60 and 65 wide and the 65 wides pretty perfect.   

PXL_20231010_171104803.jpg

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

in that case i would go 65.  i have had 60 and 65 wide and the 65 wides pretty perfect.   

PXL_20231010_171104803.jpg

The 4 inches of extra travel on my 72 over my old 64 makes a huge difference. I go everywhere I did with my 64. The new maverick is 78. 

32 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

The 4 inches of extra travel on my 72 over my old 64 makes a huge difference. I go everywhere I did with my 64. The new maverick is 78. 

The problem here is the trails in NH are not wide enough for the bigger machines. We as s group of about 15 machines and 30 people went up a black diamond trail that has since been closed had little trouble getting the narrow machines through but the big ones got stuck on everything.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Polaris 1000xp 4,  Yammie Rmax4 or Talon4.   i would not do teryx or X3 max.   talons DCT if you fit comfortably in it would prob make it my choice

I think the new Kawasaki ridge should be on the list. The Rmax is nice but the wolverine is better around here.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The problem here is the trails in NH are not wide enough for the bigger machines. We as s group of about 15 machines and 30 people went up a black diamond trail that has since been closed had little trouble getting the narrow machines through but the big ones got stuck on everything.

I tried telling my buddy that he wouldnt listen.  

49 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

illegal in Maine can't even register them there.  there is a few gates even my machine struggles through since with the current tire set up it's almost 68.   buddy with the same tire setup in an ultimate has a bit easier time as he can firm up suspension to narrow a bit.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

illegal in Maine can't even register them there.  there is a few gates even my machine struggles through since with the current tire set up it's almost 68.   buddy with the same tire setup in an ultimate has a bit easier time as he can firm up suspension to narrow a bit.  

Ya i can get mine as narrow as 69 doing that. Ive never encountered any gates fortunately so far. If I decide to get the maverick r, im going use it only in the desert and the dunes. I couldn't fathom getting it muddy. :lol: