Check your account email address ×

Colorado Gets It Right…

• Platinum Contributing Member

This is what an *actual* attack on democracy looks like: in an un-American, unconstitutional, and *unprecedented* decision, a cabal of Democrat judges are barring Trump from the ballot in Colorado. Having tried every trick in the book to eliminate President Trump from running in this election, the bipartisan Establishment is now deploying a new tactic to bar him from ever holding office again: the 14th Amendment. I pledge to *withdraw* from the Colorado GOP primary unless Trump is also allowed to be on the state’s ballot, and I demand that Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, and Nikki Haley to do the same immediately - or else they are tacitly endorsing this illegal maneuver which will have disastrous consequences for our country.

Today’s decision is the latest election interference tactic to silence political opponents and swing the election for whatever puppet the Democrats put up this time by depriving Americans of the right to vote for their candidate of choice.

The 14th Amendment was part of the “Reconstruction Amendments” that were ratified following the Civil War. It was passed to prohibit former Confederate military and political leaders from holding high federal or state office. These men had clearly taken part in a rebellion against the United States: the Civil War. That makes it all the more absurd that a left-wing group in Colorado is asking a federal court to disqualify the 45th President on the same grounds, equating his speech to rebellion against the United States.

And there’s another legal problem: Trump is not a former “officer of the United States,” as that term is used in the Constitution, meaning Section 3 does not apply. As the Supreme Court explained in Free Enterprise Fund v. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (2010), an “officer of the United States” is someone appointed by the President to aid him in his duties under Article II, Section 2. The term does not apply to elected officials, and certainly not to the President himself. 

The Framers of the 14th Amendment would be appalled to see this narrow provision—intended to bar former U.S. officials who switched to the Confederacy from seeking public office—being weaponized by a sitting President and his political allies to prevent a former President from seeking reelection. Our country is becoming unrecognizable to our Founding Fathers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is what an *actual* attack on democracy looks like: in an un-American, unconstitutional, and *unprecedented* decision, a cabal of Democrat judges are barring Trump from the ballot in Colorado. Having tried every trick in the book to eliminate President Trump from running in this election, the bipartisan Establishment is now deploying a new tactic to bar him from ever holding office again: the 14th Amendment. I pledge to *withdraw* from the Colorado GOP primary unless Trump is also allowed to be on the state’s ballot, and I demand that Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, and Nikki Haley to do the same immediately - or else they are tacitly endorsing this illegal maneuver which will have disastrous consequences for our country.

Today’s decision is the latest election interference tactic to silence political opponents and swing the election for whatever puppet the Democrats put up this time by depriving Americans of the right to vote for their candidate of choice.

The 14th Amendment was part of the “Reconstruction Amendments” that were ratified following the Civil War. It was passed to prohibit former Confederate military and political leaders from holding high federal or state office. These men had clearly taken part in a rebellion against the United States: the Civil War. That makes it all the more absurd that a left-wing group in Colorado is asking a federal court to disqualify the 45th President on the same grounds, equating his speech to rebellion against the United States.

And there’s another legal problem: Trump is not a former “officer of the United States,” as that term is used in the Constitution, meaning Section 3 does not apply. As the Supreme Court explained in Free Enterprise Fund v. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (2010), an “officer of the United States” is someone appointed by the President to aid him in his duties under Article II, Section 2. The term does not apply to elected officials, and certainly not to the President himself. 

The Framers of the 14th Amendment would be appalled to see this narrow provision—intended to bar former U.S. officials who switched to the Confederacy from seeking public office—being weaponized by a sitting President and his political allies to prevent a former President from seeking reelection. Our country is becoming unrecognizable to our Founding Fathers.

No surprise you’ve hitched your wagon to Vivek - he’s a pathological lying fraud.  

11 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

No surprise you’ve hitched your wagon to Vivek - he’s a pathological lying fraud.  

My wagon isn’t hitched to anybody but of course you attack him rather than dispute what he said. 

BTW it’s priceless that a hardcore Biden supporter has the gall to call Vivek a pathological lying fraud.😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW it’s priceless that a hardcore Biden supporter has the gall to call Vivek a pathological lying fraud.😂

Quality 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You’re a fucking moron , that’s all that needs to be said and it should be repeated every time you post a thought. You’re a complete fucking moron 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Trump causing a riot at the capital was unprecedented. Had he taken his defeat like a man, things would be different. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is what an *actual* attack on democracy looks like: in an un-American, unconstitutional, and *unprecedented* decision,

Actually asking Pence to not certify the electoral vote on J6 so Trump could delay, if not outright overturn the election, was the attack on our constitution/democracy. It’s the constitution itself that allows for the disqualification, but now the argument is that the constitution is anti democratic? The irony.

Edited by akvanden
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Rhe only thing that can stop Trump now is Trump being Trump.  If he runs a Biden campaign of hiding in the basement while his opponent implodes, he'll win in a landslide, desp:thumb:ite the rampant cheating the Dems do.

Ah, so guaranteed trump loss. 

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

I don’t like these polls but I like these other ones. Ok. 

Like it’s not known that not every Republican will vote for Trump, but every Trumper would vote for a Republican. The polls come as no surprise.

Not every but they surely won't flip. So either Republican or no vote.  Only way the Rs win is with someone who isn't trump.

My wagon isn’t hitched to anybody but of course you attack him rather than dispute what he said. 

I’ll trust people like conservative judge Michael Luttig over a scoundrel like Vivek.   

Viv

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Complete dumbfucks.  Another case that will get tossed and increase his poll #s.  Whats amazing is how easily some of you haters go along with this travesty.  

Why do you think it will get tossed? Is trying to delaying the certification with plans from his lawyer to discard certain states electoral votes constitutional in your mind?

2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Why do you think it will get tossed? Is trying to delaying the certification with plans from his lawyer to discard certain states electoral votes constitutional in your mind?

Because its without merit, and the public sees it for what it is.  More weaponization of the justice system.  He has not been convicted of insurrection, and that's the basis they're using to remove him.  Further, the statute they're citing was last used during the civil war against the confederates.  Telling the crowd to protest peacefully is a far fucking cry from calling for an insurrection, particularly since no one was armed.  Is this the country you want to live in, where lawfare is the new rule of the game?  Astounding to me how easily some of you go along with this shit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Trump causing a riot at the capital was unprecedented. Had he taken his defeat like a man, things would be different. 

Whatever it was, it was.  Main advantage, was It got more people paying attention to what goes on on a day to day basis in this fucked up country, so in that regard, it was a win. 

21 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I’ll trust people like conservative judge Michael Luttig over a scoundrel like Vivek.   

You trust and believe Biden…your judgement and opinion is shit.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hayward said:

Whatever it was, it was.  Main advantage, was It got more people paying attention to what goes on on a day to day basis in this fucked up country, so in that regard, it was a win. 

It wasn't a win whatsoever. Trump lost popularity after that. It tarnished him forever.

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Because its without merit, and the public sees it for what it is.  More weaponization of the justice system.  He has not been convicted of insurrection, and that's the basis they're using to remove him.  Further, the statute they're citing was last used during the civil war against the confederates.  Telling the crowd to protest peacefully is a far fucking cry from calling for an insurrection, particularly since no one was armed.  Is this the country you want to live in, where lawfare is the new rule of the game?  Astounding to me how easily some of you go along with this shit.  

Why not answer the actual question that I’m asking, the one that Colorado did, and now SCOTUS will.

Is trying to delaying the certification with plans from his lawyer to discard certain states electoral votes constitutional in your mind?

You’ve dodged the same question when I’ve asked in the past.

Just now, akvanden said:

Why not answer the actual question that I’m asking, the one that Colorado did, and now SCOTUS will.

Is trying to delaying the certification with plans from his lawyer to discard certain states electoral votes constitutional in your mind?

You’ve dodged the same question when I’ve asked in the past.

Why would I, all you do is talk in circles.  I answered your first question.  I have no opinion on your second question.  And you never answer my questions when asked.  Trump has faced an onslaught of corrupt and absurd lies, lawsuits and election interference, and he has had no choice but to fight back.  When you get 74 million votes that we know about, and still lose, much of the public has a right to question the legitimacy of it all.   Deal with it.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Lets see what the other candidates do, but it won't matter as the Colorado Repugs have told to CO Supreme court to go fuck themselves.

Good on Vivek though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I have no opinion on your second question.

Well that’s why I asked. You said it was going to be tossed, but have “no opinion” on the actual reason on why he may be disqualified. How does one come to a conclusion before they have an opinion?

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

And you never answer my questions when asked.

Really. Provide one example.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

Well that’s why I asked. You said it was going to be tossed, but have “no opinion” on the actual reason on why he may be disqualified. How does one come to a conclusion before they have an opinion?

Hope and faith.  Weird lack of logic and common sense...

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

Actually asking Pence to not certify the electoral vote on J6 so Trump could delay, if not outright overturn the election, was the attack on our constitution/democracy. It’s the constitution itself that allows for the disqualification, but now the argument is that the constitution is anti democratic? The irony.

46 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Ah, so guaranteed trump loss. 

Not every but they surely won't flip. So either Republican or no vote.  Only way the Rs win is with someone who isn't trump.

How do you two morons think the scotus will vote?

Constitution.:lol:

• Like 1