Check your account email address ×

Any diesel tractor guys in here ?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Have an 2022 JD 1025 , 3 cylinder yanmar. 

Exhaust is absulutly disgusting , nausiating. 

Had a 2013 1023 3 cylinder yanmar before that was 1-1/2 hp less. Burned a lot less fuel and exhaust never bothered me. 

What could be going on for such a huge differance.

Completely different emission standard. Probably a catalytic converter of some type or other methods to reduce nox and particulate.

I'm keeping my 2008 as long as I can. No emissions bs.

18 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Had a 2013 1023 3 cylinder yanmar before that was 1-1/2 hp less. Burned a lot less fuel and exhaust never bothered me. 

Ran the same tractor yesterday, helping a friend clear his culverts...his ran pretty clean. 

2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Ran the same tractor yesterday, helping a friend clear his culverts...his ran pretty clean. 

I cant even keep it running for the time it takes to unload a bucket of firewood . Wanna puke before Im even done.

Generator in my boat is a 3 cyl diesel Yanmar.  With diesels its always critical to have clean fuel and air filters, that usually explains the smoke.  Diesel is shitty dirty fuel.  One bad fill can fuck the filters up :bc: 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I have a 1050 JD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Is the air filter good and clean?

That I have to check. I bought it used with 190 hr on it. So When I first got it I changed the fuel filters ( both) . Meant to grab air yesterday and spaced it.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That I have to check. I bought it used with 190 hr on it. So When I first got it I changed the fuel filters ( both) . Meant to grab air yesterday and spaced it.

Injector pump could be on its way out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Not sure what type of air filter yours have but my NH has a 2 part filter a large outer filter and a smaller 1 inside the large 1 change both.

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Injector pump could be on its way out.

I want to drop it off for warrenty but fucking united ag and turf says " drop it, will will look at it within a week and then maybe 1-2 weeks to fix. Going 3 weeks without this time of yr blows. Moving firewood with a cart blows.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Not sure what type of air filter yours have but my NH has a 2 part filter a large outer filter and a smaller 1 inside the large 1 change both.

same , and always did both with last one.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I want to drop it off for warrenty but fucking united ag and turf says " drop it, will will look at it within a week and then maybe 1-2 weeks to fix. Going 3 weeks without this time of yr blows. Moving firewood with a cart blows.

Ya that blows. Maybe youve got condensation in the fuel. Is there a place to drain?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

same , and always did both with last one.

I used BG diesel injection cleaner in my CTD made a huge difference, I used more product than recommended but it really worked.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I used BG diesel injection cleaner in my CTD made a huge difference, I used more product than recommended but it really worked.

I run howes and threw a bottle of this shit in it too. 

dcl.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Same on mine I just blow them clean with the compressor.

190 hours is almost new.

I know if it’s cold and I don’t have the block heater on it smokes like a mo fo. 

IMG_1899.png

22 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I run howes and threw a bottle of this shit in it too. 

dcl.jpg

When I worked for the power equipment distributor We sold B3C diesel mechanic in a bottle, give that a try Steve, it's good for water in fuel, has a fungicide in it, and will clean everything up in the fuel system, it's good stuff, also an anti gel to like -20. You can call my old employer, they will ship it to you, your info is saved in the system from when I got you those Kohler parts..If you can't remember the name of my shop shoot me a PM..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

When I worked for the power equipment distributor We sold B3C diesel mechanic in a bottle, give that a try Steve, it's good for water in fuel, has a fungicide in it, and will clean everything up in the fuel system, it's good stuff, also an anti gel to like -20. You can call my old employer, they will ship it to you, your info is saved in the system from when I got you those Kohler parts..If you can't remember the name of my shop shoot me a PM..

A lot of places carry the B3C diesel and gas versions.... JMO good stuff

• Like 1

It not staying running would lead me to belive it is not just an airfilter.

I don't know what these small engines have for final tier4 equipment. I think under 24hp is exempt. 

It's gotta be a fuel not sure secret sauce is gonna help. I would replace with known good fuel and do filters. 

What kind of injection are these? Common rail? 

2 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

A lot of places carry the B3C diesel and gas versions.... JMO good stuff

It definitely is, shit works, I keep gallons on hand and run it year round in everything 

IMG_20231213_181933571_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

It not staying running would lead me to belive it is not just an airfilter.

I don't know what these small engines have for final tier4 equipment. I think under 24hp is exempt. 

It's gotta be a fuel not sure secret sauce is gonna help. I would replace with known good fuel and do filters. 

What kind of injection are these? Common rail? 

Oh it stays running. just have to shut it off when unloading wood as it is so gross.