Check your account email address ×

Polaris so afraid of getting embarrassed they aren't going to the shootout

krom

Lol

The only class would be the 600CC.  You think they would cancel the event if Arctic Cat dropped out......Nope.

@krom Wasn't Arctic Cat scrambling a couple years ago to find a dealer for the shoot out and even your dealership got asked but wasn't up to the challenge. :lol:

55 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Unfortunately the results don't matter a bunch but it does give some fodder for ragging on each other. 

I agree ... it's always fun to see the back & forth, depending on how the Shoot Out results played out.

55 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Guess Poo doesn't care or possibly saving money by not going. I'm guessing they may all be hurting economically now. Local Doo dealer has sleds stacked to the sky right now. The past 3 years you couldn't get one 

It does make ya wonder what Polaris' reasoning is for not participating.  I can't remember the local dealer that represented Polaris at the Shoot Out, but thought they had a fairly decent track record with their results?  Krom would know for sure as he's been there multiple times.  I do have to say though - racing on dirt and 50 degrees, defeats the purpose of it so from that level, zero shits given at that level.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Lol

The only class would be the 600CC.  You think they would cancel the event if Arctic Cat dropped out......Nope.

@krom Wasn't Arctic Cat scrambling a couple years ago to find a dealer for the shoot out and even your dealership got asked but wasn't up to the challenge. :lol:

We have declined the invite several times over the years, as unlike poo AC wouldn't give any discount on the sleds, tuning parts needed for dealer prep, or compensation for the time involved

10 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I agree ... it's always fun to see the back & forth, depending on how the Shoot Out results played out.

It does make ya wonder what Polaris' reasoning is for not participating.  I can't remember the local dealer that represented Polaris at the Shoot Out, but thought they had a fairly decent track record with their results?  Krom would know for sure as he's been there multiple times.  I do have to say though - racing on dirt and 50 degrees, defeats the purpose of it so from that level, zero shits given at that level.

Poo has had several different dealers do it over the years..  Recently sports unlimited had been, but I don't remember if they did the last one.  One of the guys who works for them retired from his engine building/tuning business and brought his dyno's and other equipment there.  They've been "breaking in" the shootout sleds on his track to track dyno, and are good at making sure they get the best performance out of each run.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, krom said:

We have declined the invite several times over the years, as unlike poo AC wouldn't give any discount on the sleds, tuning parts needed for dealer prep, or compensation for the time involved

I'm sure you could have flown in Ramstad to help.  He could have setup the 600 for you.  Would have been a rocketship up to 50 MPH.

• Haha 6

I am guessing Polaris provided a lot of funding to put the event on and pulled that money. The event could easily find someone to enter a 2024 Polaris sled in it. To find someone to fund the event would be extremely hard last minute 

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

I am guessing Polaris provided a lot of funding to put the event on and pulled that money. The event could easily find someone to enter a 2024 Polaris sled in it. To find someone to fund the event would be extremely hard last minute 

BRP has tons of money... because they sell massive amounts of tippy snowmobiles to dwarves and leprechauns, allegedly. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Usually by mid February he's almost done the break in period.

First snow when trails are groomed, I will break in like all my sleds, per manufacturer's instructions. Will have at least 150 miles on it first ride. Love it when fucktards assume. That be you.

46 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I assume you're retarded.

I'd be right.

Coming from retarded, I get it. Not your fault. Just lucky you were born when you were. Incest in the wrong century would mean certain death.

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

First snow when trails are groomed, I will break in like all my sleds, per manufacturer's instructions. Will have at least 150 miles on it first ride. Love it when fucktards assume. That be you.

I will hold mine wide open on the rev limiter so it runs right after break in. It’s fucking stupid you have to use a garden hose to make a sled run right out of the box. 

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

BRP has tons of money... because they sell massive amounts of tippy snowmobiles to dwarves and leprechauns, allegedly. 

Yep and they don’t have fund haydays racers or this race no one gives a shit about 

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I will hold mine wide open on the rev limiter so it runs right after break in. It’s fucking stupid you have to use a garden hose to make a sled run right out of the box. 

Cool! I will out you on warranty claims. 

10 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Cool! I will out you on warranty claims. 

Up until ctechs there was no brake in mode. Brake in mode floods the engines with gas and oil and pull’s timing so not matter what you do, you can’t hurt it unless it is manufacturing defect.