Check your account email address ×

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Just got a credit card offer ( one of the 5 or so I get a week )

0.00% untill next June

Then 30.49 %. 

What a fucking bargain

I take those offers of 0% all the time.....sometimes I bounce a balance from one card to another .....and pay them off prior to the promotional rate expiration.  The way I look at it is free time to pay a pricey project or toy off interest free....   and if there is a transfer fee, my cards are usually only 3% .       Played right and those offers are outstanding 😜 IMO.    

11 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I take those offers of 0% all the time.....sometimes I bounce a balance from one card to another .....and pay them off prior to the promotional rate expiration.  The way I look at it is free time to pay a pricey project or toy off interest free....   and if there is a transfer fee, my cards are usually only 3% .       Played right and those offers are outstanding 😜 IMO.    

You need to transfer balances to keep from paying interest?

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

You need to transfer balances to keep from paying interest?

No I choose too for certain things when I don't want to pay them off immediately and use the money for something else as I am doing now when finishing my basement.  Now I have til next August to pay off in full while only making small monthly payments interest free.  I will take advantage of some of those offers if it makes sense to do.    They bank on people being unable to pay off after promotional period and I am sure there are enough of those people, otherwise they wouldn't be offering these.

17 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

0.00% untill next June

Then 30.49 %. 

What a fucking bargain

I've never seen that high. Highest I get sent is 26.99%. 

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

No I choose too for certain things when I don't want to pay them off immediately and use the money for something else as I am doing now when finishing my basement.  Now I have til next August to pay off in full while only making small monthly payments interest free.  I will take advantage of some of those offers if it makes sense to do.    They bank on people being unable to pay off after promotional period and I am sure there are enough of those people, otherwise they wouldn't be offering these.

Amazon has this as well on certain items I've noticed. For someone who can't pay all at once it's a no brainer.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've never seen that high. Highest I get sent is 26.99%. 

Crazy rate but supposedly there is a 36% card according to the google machine first premier bank Mastercard. High 20s seems to be the average from the junk mail I get. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Gave up the credit card dance YEARS ago, so nice not having any of that.

This.

If I'm finishing my basement i have the money for it. If I don't have the money I don't do the basement.

Didn't spend one cent on my house renovation that I didn't have.

But that's just me...

• Like 2

Just now, Snake said:

This.

If I'm finishing my basement i have the money for it. If I don't have the money I don't do the basement.

But that's just me...

I have the money for everything I use a credit card for. I come out ahead every time I use it. That's difficult for some to understand.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I have the money for everything I use a credit card for. I come out ahead every time I use it. That's difficult for some to understand.

When you get something for free you are the product.

35 minutes ago, Snake said:

This.

But that's just me...

Oh I could pay cash if I wanted to. I choose not too....but that's just me....if I can extend it out under good terms...I'm going for it

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's ok. It's difficult for some to understand. You've got lots of spare time to learn.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I do the same, I pay off my credit card every week but I still get rewards and discounts on fuel and food, 10% back on in store food purchases and I get .35-.50 cents off per gallon if I use the card, I get gas and grocery shop every Saturday and pay it off on Sunday.. I easily spend $800/mo on groceries and get 150 gallons of fuel a month so it's quite the savings..Use their rewards against them.

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I do the same, I pay off my credit card every week but I still get rewards and discounts on fuel and food, 10% back on in store food purchases and I get .35-.50 cents off per gallon if I use the card, I get gas and grocery shop every Saturday and pay it off on Sunday.. I easily spend $800/mo on groceries and get 150 gallons of fuel a month so it's quite the savings..Use their rewards against them.

Exactly. I don't understand why some see this as a bad thing. 

:bc:

Just opened my mail this morning....have another offer:lmao:. But I'm good for now, they know I like these offers. 

Can have 0% til July or .99% til Jan 25.              Great offers 👍.  I have actually bought sleds in the past this way....rather than plunking down cash....key is paying off at promo end period.

20231007_105455.jpg

20231007_105848.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

0.00% untill next June

Then 30.49 %. 

What a fucking bargain

Ouch - but compared to those loan companies charging 600% on a few hundred dollar loan it probably is a bargain.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Exactly. I don't understand why some see this as a bad thing. 

:bc:

1 hour ago, Snake said: