Check your account email address ×

who's going to be quicker? (something for the Poo & Doo Boyz)

2 hours ago, krom said:

for $20 or so you can make a run or 2 on your own sled. no matter what year it is

great, I'll send my brother with 'our friend' up with a stack of $50's and you can all dial in the clutching on the 440 for me.

which will wax T2S's and 650's ALL DAY LONG!!!!   :roflcrying:

13 hours ago, Deephaven said:

And if it falls on it's face miserably could do the opposite as well.  Pretty sure Cat won't be sending it for that reason alone.  Would be great though.

That thought went through my head but opted not to say that, wasn't looking to get jumped on by the blind brand loyal cat guys or listen to the Poo nightmare stories they like to claim. As witnessed in the post above

Edited by Tripleflipper

14 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It wouldn't show up with a production tune anyways.  Green feathers would get ruffled.  The belief that 858 is automatically better than 840 is better than showing it is or isn't to that crew.

it certainly wouldn't have an EPA approved tune by December 

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

It wouldn't show up with a production tune anyways.  Green feathers would get ruffled.  The belief that 858 is automatically better than 840 is better than showing it is or isn't to that crew.

Haha even in a skidoo and Polaris thread... oh look what has happened.  Oh look!  No way!  

But it's all the "green blind brand loyal" folks that are so deranged.  Where has this "belief" been on display here?  Besides in your insecure head.....

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Haha even in a skidoo and Polaris thread... oh look what has happened.  Oh look!  No way!  

But it's all the "green blind brand loyal" folks that are so deranged.  Where has this "belief" been on display here?  Besides in your insecure head.....

Unlike you, I own multiple brands including Cat.  I've had more Cats than the others.  Also unlike you I've watched ALL of the manufacturers struggle with new product releases and accepted it as a reality.  Deranged is believing that Cat is better than the others at this.  They all fail.

Hopefully Cat's are no longer the C F Moto of snowmobiles. I remember trying out a 1st year Rev and a F7 back to back. Sure the Fsled was pretty fast but it was such a hacked together pile versus the Rev. Nice powertrain but that was it. I've looked at Cat's offering up close over the last 20 years and while seeing some improvement in build quality they were still lagging behind. Maybe the Catalyst will be on par this time around.

11 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Hopefully Cat's are no longer the C F Moto of snowmobiles. I remember trying out a 1st year Rev and a F7 back to back. Sure the Fsled was pretty fast but it was such a hacked together pile versus the Rev. Nice powertrain but that was it. I've looked at Cat's offering up close over the last 20 years and while seeing some improvement in build quality they were still lagging behind. Maybe the Catalyst will be on par this time around.

Cf moto is going to light the world on fire. Yamaha bought them 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

The rev was and still is a steaming pile of dog shit!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it certainly wouldn't have an EPA approved tune by December 

Even if it was EPA approved there is no guarantee it would work right out of the box. Witness Poo and Doo. Oh right, I forgot, all Cat stuff produced is dead nuts good out of the box. At least to 3 and maybe even a 4th on here

28 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Even if it was EPA approved there is no guarantee it would work right out of the box. Witness Poo and Doo. Oh right, I forgot, all Cat stuff produced is dead nuts good out of the box. At least to 3 and maybe even a 4th on here

idk who's doing their mapping now but @krom might.  I believe the person who used to do it moved to Polaris.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk who's doing their mapping now but @krom might.  I believe the person who used to do it moved to Polaris.

Most of the folks who did mapping when cat had had the best, and most reliable engines go shit canned, some of them got picked up by poo.

"Rumor" has it that textron recently fired one of the few remaining from that era.

Edited by krom
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Maybe someone on the order desk ? Do they have any tech's left

2 for the entire US last winter..  They have added a few, but its going to be their fall/winter in tech, and its a new model release.  You do the math