Check your account email address ×

who's going to be quicker? (something for the Poo & Doo Boyz)

45 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I wonder if they'll be running sleds in cooler temps and snow, or mid 50's and rain/mud?

Getting your excuse handbook warmed up?? lol  Usually only the losers bring that up

Conditions are the same for everyone. 

Studded sleds usually leave harder from frozen dirt than snow.

Just now, krom said:

Getting your excuse handbook warmed up?? lol  Usually only the losers bring that up

Conditions are the same for everyone. 

Studded sleds usually leave harder from frozen dirt than snow.

LOL .. maybe?!?! :lolz:

I do hope they have ideal conditions for a change.  One thing we all know, whoever has a good showing will be bragged about and whoever doesn't, the excuse handbook typically goes like this ... "Yeah, the Shootout means shit.  Sleds aren't broken in yet - or the dealer setup was done by morons, etc."  Hopefully you can be there to share the results "Live" like you've done a few times in the past :bc:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We aren't serious drag racers by no means but if I line up with buddies it's usually from a slow roll to actually see which sled is faster, pulls harder.  Going from a dig there's always traction issues and it's usually not a great race and just a shit show and a waste of time.  Like this shootout.

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The factory turbo sleds aren’t boosting anything. They are altitude compensators. Good friend of mine pointed that out. And he is right 

Have you ridden an 850 vs a boost at low elevation. You are completely 100% wrong. The boost absolutely kills the 850, not even close.

My son has a boost kaos.

I can confirm HSR's comment ... two boosts in our group last year during our U.P. saddle bag trip.  One of them being a 129" VR1 and the other an Assault.  Screwing around on the railroad bed up there, and running those two sleds against a couple of XCR 850's (all of them running stock) ... it's no contest.

I'm hoping the boosted Doo with the meth bottle. I have 2 coming and one's for sale. With the Shootout being the end all as far as the performance capabilities of the participating sleds it could mean thousands in the loss/profit margin.

54 minutes ago, HSR said:

Have you ridden an 850 vs a boost at low elevation. You are completely 100% wrong. The boost absolutely kills the 850, not even close.

My son has a boost kaos.

39 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I can confirm HSR's comment ... two boosts in our group last year during our U.P. saddle bag trip.  One of them being a 129" VR1 and the other an Assault.  Screwing around on the railroad bed up there, and running those two sleds against a couple of XCR 850's (all of them running stock) ... it's no contest.

23 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

No contest in an understatement.  Gape city.

Nice to see the OG Poolaid krew reunited here. 

#missionaccomplished

:roflcrying:

will Cat do a me too flatland 2Sturbo as well... in 2028? 

:)

Last year my son and his riding buddy went out west. My boy was on a stretched/piped/narrowed 155" 800 Assault and his buddy had an 850 Doo. My son bought the boost out west 3 days into a 10 day trip. Now his buddies 850 is up for sale and a 850 turbo is on the way. They are that much better than NA. My buddies 850 gets walked by another buddies boost everywhere, not even in the same league.

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you're better than this... 9_9

just wanted to show you that I am not brand Loyal:lol2:But, I would think the 900r setup properly would be the winner in the 2 stroke arena. I wouldn't own either of the Doo or Poo turbo as I'm already crossing my fingers with the Poo 850.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Nice to see the OG Poolaid krew reunited here. 

#missionaccomplished

:roflcrying:

will Cat do a me too flatland 2Sturbo as well... in 2028? 

:)

They may, but will likely still be behind as the other 2 may/will have moved on. That's a whopping 5 years where lots can/will happen.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

No contest in an understatement.  Gape city.

* Gap....

Gape is what jimwits boyfriend does to jimwit

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

LOL .. maybe?!?! :lolz:

I do hope they have ideal conditions for a change.  One thing we all know, whoever has a good showing will be bragged about and whoever doesn't, the excuse handbook typically goes like this ... "Yeah, the Shootout means shit.  Sleds aren't broken in yet - or the dealer setup was done by morons, etc."  Hopefully you can be there to share the results "Live" like you've done a few times in the past :bc:

Plan to go this year, now that all the rona bs is done with

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Will cat get their heads out of their ass and send an 858 to the shootout or are they not confident in it is the real question now that the shootout has been brought up.

Good point, I'd like to see it run and hopefully hand the 850's their lunches. Would be a good marketing tool for next year's release

3 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Good point, I'd like to see it run and hopefully hand the 850's their lunches. Would be a good marketing tool for next year's release

And if it falls on it's face miserably could do the opposite as well.  Pretty sure Cat won't be sending it for that reason alone.  Would be great though.

28 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Will cat get their heads out of their ass and send an 858 to the shootout or are they not confident in it is the real question now that the shootout has been brought up.

No :news:

The reasons why will be listed soon.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

can't, not a 2024 model 

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

And if it falls on it's face miserably could do the opposite as well.  Pretty sure Cat won't be sending it for that reason alone.  Would be great though.

They should (in theory) have enough testing done to know how it’ll do compared to prior results. I understand the what ifs but if it’s what you say it is keep building the hype and putting out proof to sway people with real results.