Check your account email address ×

cats new gauge...

4 hours ago, krom said:

not sure if they are using an off the shelf tread 8" with canbus dongle, or one with custom hardware internal to it.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/731781/pn/010-02507-00

But it doesn't matter if you can't swap it anymore, jimwit will call it the best in the industry, and tell you that its pointless to swap from one machine to another

If I go back to racing in the next year or two, I'm 100% getting the new gauge.

It'll help make for a bigger parts bill when I find myself bottom side topwise!

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

So best gauge in industry, biggest trail two stroke, newest chassis, least weight and most centralized, best handling obviously.  That's what we like to call CHECK MATE.

Now cue up the jealous crybabies 

Best?  Lol.  Cat using an NMEA 2k or equivalent network to interface with a garmin is not the "best".  

Either way, funny how you state that everyone else must be wrong knocking the new sled since they haven't ridden it but you can declare that it has the best gauge, "biggest" 2 stroke, "newest" chassis, "least" weight and "most" centralized, "best" handling but you've never ridden it either.

As for biggest displacement, amusing that is sucks at pumping air compared to Poo's biggest 2 stroke.  It is an air pump after all.

Newest?  What is new about it the others don't have?  More like last released and should probably thank the others for paving the way as they had something to copy.

Least weight is funny considering projected weights are more than the competition.  So least is an interesting choice of words.

Most centralized.  Bet you can tell this by looking at it.  Pot meet kettle.  Same with best.

Fucking pathetic...

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I dont use ear buds, most days I dont even bring my phone. Not sure what the fuck you are talking about? Speed, temp and fuel is all that matters most rides. 

You are dumb as fuck.  Single most important piece of safety gear.  Why in the hell would you think it logical to leave it behind?  Seriously is there ANY possible reason?  Sane people can't think of one....

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Polaris gets roughly 1200 bucks msrp to add it on a spring order. not sure what they will price an add on kit. I will go with an ns1 if he offers one for this sled. 

I paid $ 800 for mine. I could care less what the cost is. I need to be able to read the gauge as I get older. Now I can

8 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

Nice job cat!!!! I can finally watch a movie or listen to music while trail riding. What the hell is an app anyway?

it's nice as far as the screen and the layout, but absolutely nothing I desire to have on my sled or daily driving vehicle... especially once it's out of warranty.  seems like just another distraction in an already distracted plugged in world.  I go riding to 'unplug'.  

also as mentioned, I wouldn't want to add another $1k to the price of a sled that's already stupidly expensive for 90 days of use.  but that's just me... others will likely love it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Best?  Lol.  Cat using an NMEA 2k or equivalent network to interface with a garmin is not the "best".  

Either way, funny how you state that everyone else must be wrong knocking the new sled since they haven't ridden it but you can declare that it has the best gauge, "biggest" 2 stroke, "newest" chassis, "least" weight and "most" centralized, "best" handling but you've never ridden it either.

As for biggest displacement, amusing that is sucks at pumping air compared to Poo's biggest 2 stroke.  It is an air pump after all.

Newest?  What is new about it the others don't have?  More like last released and should probably thank the others for paving the way as they had something to copy.

Least weight is funny considering projected weights are more than the competition.  So least is an interesting choice of words.

Most centralized.  Bet you can tell this by looking at it.  Pot meet kettle.  Same with best.

Fucking pathetic...

You are dumb as fuck.  Single most important piece of safety gear.  Why in the hell would you think it logical to leave it behind?  Seriously is there ANY possible reason?  Sane people can't think of one....

Lol look who showed up in another cat thread the head honcho hater himself 

18 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

I paid $ 800 for mine. I could care less what the cost is. I need to be able to read the gauge as I get older. Now I can

realistically, what % of the time you're riding would you estimate your glancing at your gauge?  most of the trails I'm on here are tree lined and not a good place to peer at a screen.  when I get to an open spot or road crossing I might glance down but that's about it.  plus, the scenery far surpasses anything on a screen.  the maps make sense for people who have no f'ng idea where they are going which is also not an issue for me as i can do 200 mile rides locally without one... except for that one time with @Not greg b :lmao:

37 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Trail riding with a gps regimented guide is for dorks. Go fuckin riding and glance at a paper map or follow a sign that gets you back towards where you parked the truck like an adult.

Why, when I dont have to? Only use it in new riding areas. I guess you cant afford it?

18 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Why, when I dont have to? Only use it in new riding areas. I guess you cant afford it?

That’s your prerogative, I go riding to get away from every day shit and have fun. If I wanted a planned out day I’d go to work and make more money so I could finally afford a GPS for my sled.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

That’s your prerogative, I go riding to get away from every day shit and have fun. If I wanted a planned out day I’d go to work and make more money so I could finally afford a GPS for my sled.

Like I said (and you clearly missed), I only use it in new areas or if leading a group on a ride where we are on a scheduled timeline. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

realistically, what % of the time you're riding would you estimate your glancing at your gauge?  most of the trails I'm on here are tree lined and not a good place to peer at a screen.  when I get to an open spot or road crossing I might glance down but that's about it.  plus, the scenery far surpasses anything on a screen.  the maps make sense for people who have no f'ng idea where they are going which is also not an issue for me as i can do 200 mile rides locally without one... except for that one time with @Not greg b :lmao:

Gauge, you are an old guy. Constantly surveilling the screen. I can ride and monitor the screen at the same time. Sounds like maybe you have to stop or slow down to read the screen:)

46 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Do you have a problem if I dont want to ride at warp speed?

nope, just use your f'ng mirrors and let faster riders get past you please.  

4 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Gauge, you are an old guy. Constantly surveilling the screen. I can ride and monitor the screen at the same time. Sounds like maybe you have to stop or slow down to read the screen:)

anytime you'd like to come check out the gauge unfriendly trails while riding at a brisk pace here you just let me know.

I'll even use the women and kids sled so you can keep up.

:)

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anytime you'd like to come check out the gauge unfriendly trails while riding at a brisk pace here you just let me know.

Don't assume I ride like the Antagonist. Most trails I ride in central Ontario are wide open and some connected through lakes. A good mix of bush included as well. Rarely run at break neck speed so my screen suits me perfectly. But, quite a bit above 50 in most cases

And don't you think that would be unfair to challenge me on trails you have likely ridden a life time that I would be seeing for the first time. No, you ride your, what is it a 500, and I'll ride my XCR. I'll give you a big head start and when I catch up I'll take a break and let you get ahead again.:lol2: All in fun

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We have no faster riders. We ride the conditions.

33 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Don't assume I ride like the Antagonist. Most trails I ride in central Ontario are wide open and some connected through lakes. A good mix of bush included as well. Rarely run at break neck speed so my screen suits me perfectly. But, quite a bit above 50 in most cases

And don't you think that would be unfair to challenge me on trails you have likely ridden a life time that I would be seeing for the first time. No, you ride your, what is it a 500, and I'll ride my XCR. I'll give you a big head start and when I catch up I'll take a break and let you get ahead again.:lol2: All in fun

is Badger using your account?  :lol:

16 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

We have no faster riders. We ride the conditions.

so everyone stays under 50mph and no person or group has ever caught or passed you? 

anchorman-i-dont-believe-you.gif.2fb59572ff4d22d51fffb4208ebf307d.gif

7 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

If the gauge suits your needs buy it!   If not don't!   SIMPLE..   :slapping:

Good on cat to offer it. 

me too... :lol2:

Some of the guys I ride with have the fancy display, some know how to use and some don't, and that is really strange to me , not knowing how to use equipment on your sled.

Sometimes it can be entertaining when riding with someone that doesn't understand the new tech.

One time we set the bluetooth to a different riders phone,then changed some contact names in that phone.

Schedule a couple of text messages so we knew we would be riding when they were sent. He was really confused when his display said "You ride like a pussy" " still riding like a pussy"

" turn in your man card"

Good times with the new tech.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

is Badger using your account?  :lol:

so everyone stays under 50mph and no person or group has ever caught or passed you? 

anchorman-i-dont-believe-you.gif.2fb59572ff4d22d51fffb4208ebf307d.gif

me too... :lol2:

We ride anywhere from 40 to 70 depending on the trail and the conditions and the age of our riders in the group. Have had sleds pass us at trail crossings but not on the trail itself for longer than I can remember.