Check your account email address ×

Why are American muscle cars so pathetic?

Yah, pathetic! 🙄

My son in law has had both.  No question the KIA is fast, but no where near the experience  like pedal down in the Hellcat  motor screaming, rolling up the asphalt. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yah, pathetic! 🙄

My son in law has had both.  No question the KIA is fast, but no where near the experience  like pedal down in the Hellcat  motor screaming, rolling up the asphalt. 

EV's have sole though  :lol: 

The exhaust note and the whine of the supercharger is the true soul

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Sole as in they are super planted low to the ground based on the weight of the battery.  Soul is however non-existent.

So low CG

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

It would be cool to own a Hellcat for an afternoon. After that….waste. 

SIL sold his after a year.  He was getting in trouble with it. I would probably be in jail or dead if I owned a Hell Cat.  I would be willing to bet anyone who has rode or drove one has ever said pathetic. :lol: 

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

SIL sold his after a year.  He was getting in trouble with it. I would probably be in jail or dead if I owned a Hell Cat.  I would be willing to bet anyone who has rode or drove one has ever said pathetic. :lol: 

WELL IT OBVIOUSLY AIN'T A VAN!!!!111111

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Ahh ya no never in a million years I’d take a Kia over a hellcat don’t care how fast it is they look sexy and sounds sexy and that’s all I want for a street car. That said I’ve been in many fast cars and hellcats really aren’t overly impressive for the hp they have. Hellcats are kinda overweight pigs. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I'd like to drive the KIA, just to feel the torque once or twice, but no interest in owning one.  The Hellcat, on the other hand, that thing would be awesome to own!

I have to admit I was impressed. He hit the switch on the dash and punched it at about 45.  I was pinned to the seat. Just not the same with no motor noise…Tires roasting!  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Hell ya nothing better than a cammed v8 at a light with that exhaust rumble.

I have no sound or movement when I watch it on site. Plays fine on my phone. 

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

I’ve had plenty of fast vehicles through my life. My last two BMW’s were awesome. Between the handling and styling, I’d take them any day over a hellcat. Nothing fits like a Beemer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ahh ya no never in a million years I’d take a Kia over a hellcat don’t care how fast it is they look sexy and sounds sexy and that’s all I want for a street car. That said I’ve been in many fast cars and hellcats really aren’t overly impressive for the hp they have. Hellcats are kinda overweight pigs. 

I found it interesting that in this case, the KIA is actually 300 pounds heavier.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve had plenty of fast vehicles through my life. My last two BMW’s were awesome. Between the handling and styling, I’d take them any day over a hellcat. Nothing fits like a Beemer. 

I loved my twin turbo Lincoln, but I don’t consider that a muscle car even though it was plenty fast.  My wife wanted 3 row SUV for driving grandkids.  She has never been happy since going from the Lincoln. Got to make fair comparisons.

20 hours ago, spin_dry said:

X2 Unless it’s German, all wheel drive, and north of 400 hp, I am simply not interested.

• Haha 1