Check your account email address ×

Who's getting ready for winter early? Any sled projects or improvements going on?

I need to pull my shocks on the new VR1 and send them out to Wenzlaff's & will need to get tunnel protectors installed so I can stud it.  I've got some Gold Diggers to install with those "Performance Stud Star" backers, which have worked well on the past few sleds.  And I need to get some hyfax on the '22 before I sell it.  But those little projects are gonna have to wait a few more weeks.

• Like 5

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Narrowing my focus on what to buy for this season…found a good deal on a ‘20 SB XCR 800.🤔

Nice ride, Jimmy!

I'm looking at fat guy springs all around and then some luggage options as well but still haven't decided on what brand yet. Was also considering adding aux lights but man polaris is expensive!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Getting my F1000 studded finally....

20230812_152155.thumb.jpg.aecbe1f7224de7a3dc548a5da2448573.jpg

1.405" Woody's Grand Masters. After I'm done studding it, DD service. 

Whatcha got going on?

Those Snow Stud or Fastrac backers?

Been using Fastrac SP (single ply) backers for a while on my polaris sleds.  They're slightly larger in dia and when used with Fastrac studs the head draws up almost flush with the track.

Fluid changes, thats it.  Maybgrab a new jacket, and still searching for the perfect helmet.  Tried most all of them, the one I stuck with the longest was a BV2S.  Mission shit the bed, Oxygen was useless without the Cord, and the Exome was a big meh.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Fluid changes, thats it.  Maybgrab a new jacket, and still searching for the perfect helmet.  Tried most all of them, the one I stuck with the longest was a BV2S.  Mission shit the bed, Oxygen was useless without the Cord, and the Exome was a big meh.

I have a collection of helmets, they all such, so obviously still in the market, but leary 

• Haha 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I have a collection of helmets, they all such, so obviously still in the market, but leary 

I think I would have liked the Exome, but that mouth piece is a pain in the dick to get attached out on the trail.  Later in the season, I just started riding without it, and it was fine down to about 10 degrees F.  The retractable sun visor broke on my Mission, and I could never get the rubber face gasket to sit on the top of my nose, always sliding down, and pinching off air flow, drove me nuts.

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I think I would have liked the Exome, but that mouth piece is a pain in the dick to get attached out on the trail.  Later in the season, I just started riding without it, and it was fine down to about 10 degrees F.  The retractable sun visor broke on my Mission, and I could never get the rubber face gasket to sit on the top of my nose, always sliding down, and pinching off air flow, drove me nuts.

509 made 1 for polaris last yr I liked.  First trip to caribou I ran into a dude I grew up with, he had just bought one. Saw him again later that night and he already hated it. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My mission has been great. But -5c and up o find it's hot. I use my old gmax.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

509 made 1 for polaris last yr I liked.  First trip to caribou I ran into a dude I grew up with, he had just bought one. Saw him again later that night and he already hated it. 

I bought the Polaris 509 2 years ago and it works not great not terrible.  Fogs up easier than I would like without plugging it in. Had an old carbon fiber helmet that I really liked but the heated shield died and couldn't find a new shield.

19 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Getting my F1000 studded finally....

20230812_152155.thumb.jpg.aecbe1f7224de7a3dc548a5da2448573.jpg

1.405" Woody's Grand Masters. After I'm done studding it, DD service. 

Whatcha got going on?

Shouldn't you still be out enjoying your boat?? It's still summer here, gotta enjoy it while you can.:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Doug said:

Those Snow Stud or Fastrac backers?

Been using Fastrac SP (single ply) backers for a while on my polaris sleds.  They're slightly larger in dia and when used with Fastrac studs the head draws up almost flush with the track.

Fastrac and I noticed the heads were pretty flush too.

• Gold Member
11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I really like my Oxygen but your absolutely right, without the cord it is no good.