Check your account email address ×

Wisconsin Dells

9 hours ago, ACE said:

Do all liquor stores In Minneapolis close at 6? Was gay that we had to drink beer. Even buddy from Wisconsin was like wtf this is gay 

If you bought that beer at a gas station it was limited to 3.2% alcohol as well.  Stupid leftover christian Sunday liquor laws here.

since no one asked, why on earth would you go to the Wisconsin Dells,  buying an old Duck Boat, want to see some scantily clad pasty white middle aged women ignoring her children and drinking or... ? 

I can't stand touristy places, that town is high up on the list for our state.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Been quite a few years but if you utilize the Hotels water parks I think the room cost is justifiable.   Pack in a few drinks and its even better. 

I always like the Great Wolf and Wilderness back when we took the kids.  Kalahari is nice but I prefer the motif of the other 2 considering the location.

Trappers Turn is a nice course as well. 

Edited by Highmark

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

since no one asked, why on earth would you go to the Wisconsin Dells,  buying an old Duck Boat, want to see some scantily clad pasty white middle aged women ignoring her children and drinking or... ? 

I enjoyed the wilderness resort but this was probably 10 years ago. We never did all the touristy stuff, just hung out at the resort for a couple days. The place is huge, never made it all the way through.

53 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We just wanted to see some different country brochacho 

17 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Kalahari.  

I was friends with the owner (Todd Nelson) back in the early 1980's when he was a bar owner/bartender @ a place called the Brother in Laws Bar...He then opened Pizza Pub a few years later...Then started his hotel empire on the vacant property behind his Bar and Pizza joint...He built a resort called the Ramada Raintree...Yep...He's a local boy who did good...Unfortunately the rumors of how he amassed the money to build these businesses is local folklore...

Edited by SlugsOnSleds

58 minutes ago, ACE said:

I’ll try to get some spotted cow later 

It's not good.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Which one is worse?

2 hours ago, ACE said:

We just wanted to see some different country brochacho 

ahhh... what kind of stuff do you want to see or do? 

I can point you to outdoors stuff, not touristy stuff to do.

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Last time I accidentally stayed there during tourist time (I didn’t realize it was spring break) I told some lady to keep her obnoxious crotch goblins under control and they looked at me like I was the bad person. No bitch you have them in a restaurant and they are disturbing my beer time

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Last time I accidentally stayed there during tourist time (I didn’t realize it was spring break) I told some lady to keep her obnoxious crotch goblins under control and they looked at me like I was the bad person. No bitch you have them in a restaurant and they are disturbing my beer time

when I'm on my time trying to relax... I usually go where people aren't.  spending time in places like the Dells or Minocqua in the summer would be shear torture to me, especially with all the g damn fibs that should be locked inside their own shit hole state.  IDK what it is, but since covid people have become far more rude, entitled and self centered and the less of them I have to encounter the happier I am.  it's also easy to see how greatly diminished general parenting skills have become... some kids are just little spoiled obnoxious versions of their idiot parents.  

we're going on vacation in December to the quietest and most low key island I could find in the Bahamas.  hopefully there won't be many Americans there... 

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

It's not good.

Which one is worse?

Door Country (now) would be first on my list... As we used to spend time there every summer in my youth as my best friends family had a charter fishing business in Bailey's Harbor.  it was nice then.  now, it's just wall to wall Citiots, backed up traffic and waiting in line.  my uncle's sister and husband retired several years ago, moved up there full time and sold their place last summer... they used to love it but couldn't tolerate it any longer.   hard pass...   

Pretty much anything touristy (for me) is just no bueno when you know places to go the touristas avoid or don't know about.  Multiple locations along the south shore of lake Superior is a great start. 

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Door Country (now) would be first on my list... As we used to spend time there every summer in my youth as my best friends family had a charter fishing business in Bailey's Harbor.  it was nice then.  now, it's just wall to wall Citiots, backed up traffic and waiting in line.  my uncle's sister and husband retired several years ago, moved up there full time and sold their place last summer... they used to love it but couldn't tolerate it any longer.   hard pass...   

Pretty much anything touristy (for me) is just no bueno when you know places to go the touristas avoid or don't know about.  Multiple locations along the south shore of lake Superior is a great start. 

I was in door county yesterday evening. It was super quiet. Walked around town and along the lake

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

when I'm on my time trying to relax... I usually go where people aren't.  spending time in places like the Dells or Minocqua in the summer would be shear torture to me, especially with all the g damn fibs that should be locked inside their own shit hole state.  IDK what it is, but since covid people have become far more rude, entitled and self centered and the less of them I have to encounter the happier I am.  it's also easy to see how greatly diminished general parenting skills have become... some kids are just little spoiled obnoxious versions of their idiot parents.  

we're going on vacation in December to the quietest and most low key island I could find in the Bahamas.  hopefully there won't be many Americans there... 

The dells is usually dead after Labor Day until may. Durning that time it is usually old people there