Check your account email address ×

💡 how to Break the Two-Party System 💡

Abolish primaries to save the Republic. 

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/how-to-break-the-two-party-system/

this is a good read, and maybe a good idea. 

I loved this part... 

Seriously, why do we list party affiliations in the first place?  

At best, it’s to help stupid people vote. We stick an R or a D next to a candidate’s name so that a willfully uninformed electorate can know which candidates are vaguely left-wing and which are vaguely right-wing. (Even that system is faulty. We had a transsexual Satanist win the GOP nomination for sheriff of Cheshire County back in 2020 with the slogan “F—k the Police." Earlier this month he pleaded guilty to illegally selling $1.5 million in Bitcoin. 

At worst, it’s to prop up the Big Two. When we put that R next to one candidate’s name, and the D next to another, we’re basically saying to the voter, “You can check whichever box you want, of course. It’s a free country. But it’s really between these guys—Team R and Team D.” 

So, just ditch the letters. Make voters go out and research the candidates before they go to the polls. Who knows? They might learn something.

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's been done already.

Conservatives already broke it apart with who they elected in 2016.  Non Politician that was never in an office before. 

the only thing he broke was the republican party... which hasn't done well since. 

I'm sure calling the majority of people in the party RINO'S really helped.  

anyway... yes, let's remove the D's and R's next to candidates names and see how they do.  

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

the only thing he broke was the republican party... which hasn't done well since. 

I'm sure calling the majority of people in the party RINO'S really helped.  

anyway... yes, let's remove the D's and R's next to candidates names and see how they do.  

Why not work from the inside out.  Just like what happened in 2016.

The dems depend on people not doing shit for research and going down the ballot voting the party line. 

Just look at the absolute filth MN has elected in recent years if you doubt that...

• Like 3

Too bad there wasn't a way to only allow people to vote if they actually knew about the candidates vs. just blindly voting.  I know that sounds stupid ... but it's what I do when I have a sheet full of candidates/offices to vote on.  I just skip over those offices up for election and only vote on the stuff I'm up to date with.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Too bad there wasn't a way to only allow people to vote if they actually knew about the candidates vs. just blindly voting.  I know that sounds stupid ... but it's what I do when I have a sheet full of candidates/offices to vote on.  I just skip over those offices up for election and only vote on the stuff I'm up to date with.

What about if you despise both candidates and mostly everything they stand for?

• Gold Member

In Federalist Paper 10, Madison argued against political parties, saying faction was to politics as air is to fire. He saw the danger and also the inevitability of factions in politics. I think that "us vs them" notion is so ingrained in humans that factions or political parties or whatever will always take root, regardless of how well we guard against them.

We should still try tho.  :bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

The dems depend on people not doing shit for research and going down the ballot voting the party line. 

Just look at the absolute filth MN has elected in recent years if you doubt that...

agreed... but the R's aren't far behind with the intellect of their base.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I've said here more than a few times there could be a voter competency test before you're handed a ballot.  Simply take the same test that people TRYING to become American citizens take, pull five random questions and if they can't score 3/5 or better... they don't get to vote for any office they no little to nothing about.

Of course both major parties would call this voter suppression, but I've known a few straight ticket voters that couldn't pass this test if they tried, but we've given the ignorant the same rights as everyone else so... 

test yourself... test your friends and family around the campfire this coming independence day weekend... you'll be shocked and amazed.

https://civicsquestions.com/

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've said here more than a few times there could be a voter competency test before you're handed a ballot.  Simply take the same test that people TRYING to become American citizens take, pull five random questions and if they can't score 3/5 or better... they don't get to vote for any office they no little to nothing about.

Of course both major parties would call this voter suppression, but I've known a few straight ticket voters that couldn't pass this test if they tried, but we've given the ignorant the same rights as everyone else so... 

test yourself... test your friends and family around the campfire this coming independence day weekend... you'll be shocked and amazed.

https://civicsquestions.com/

If they did that the dems would lose their voting base:news:

11 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I did not know the exact number of members in congress, so 9/10 for this guy...

try the second one... then have others do it.  you may be amazed or dismayed.  

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

agreed, and Trump couldn't win the R primary

win win...

Fuck Trump, his policies were great great but he has become a liability   DeSantis 2024....and FUCK JOE BIDEN AND ANY DEMACUNT

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

Fuck Trump, his policies were great great but he has become a liability   DeSantis 2024....and FUCK JOE BIDEN AND ANY DEMACUNT

now just where did you learn that all caps posting style? 

1bee1b3b32352411e853e18d42949593.gif.a6e1ccc1e3e2582bbf323e0fdcf670e5.gif