Check your account email address ×

Motorcycle rider deaths are out of control

15 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Always looking for deal on an older enduro but even older ones pulling big $ now!!

like to hit north shore forest roads and trails!!lots of exploring to be done!

we hit a lot of them on atv but like to hit more of them and quicker with enduro!

too many guys getting killed around here on street bikes lately.hate to preach helmets but at least three I know of would be here today if wearing one!

nurses call them traveling organ donars!

I know we're in the CE and snowmobile related topics are not preferred.

I'll threw out the suggestion of guys to wear some type of Tekvest while snowmobiling.

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I gave up bikes 10 years ago between idiot drivers, wildlife and mostly my lack of self control I knew what the outcome would eventually be. I think about getting back into it often but it probably only be a dual sport to just bomb around the dirt roads and trails around here.

I've considered a Canam Spyder, seems like it might be a little safer, absolutely no big HP. bikes the disconnect between my throttle hand and brain would mean certain death.

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

I'll threw out the suggestion of guys to wear some type of Tekvest while snowmobiling.

Great suggestion. 

28 minutes ago, Doug said:

I tried for a year and just couldn’t get used to it or deal with the hassle. 

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Should be the same thing for legal limit of alcohol. Why should I be subjected to a .08 when I can drive better than most while I’m at a .18 but some 21 year old blonde college chick who shouldn’t be driving sober is allowed to have 3 white claws and drive legally even though she’s hammered at a .07?  

7lnq1m.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, toslow said:

Should be graduating cc,s along with licenses.

Should not be allowed to buy a litre bike on a new license 

In that case, you might as well extend it to sleds, quads, sea-doos, cars, and trucks. Only X amount of HP per years of experience. If only it were that easy.

Common fukking sense ain,t so common any more. Covid has made people even more stupid than they were before. 

If drivers don,t have situational awareness of their surroundings, shit is eventually bound to happen.

Also, smart phones should be made unoperational while moving, even if your only walking. Put the fukking things away. Really, you ain,t that important, that you have to be connected to the world 24/7, 365 days of the fukking year.

Until then Darwin will keep winning.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Should be the same thing for legal limit of alcohol. Why should I be subjected to a .08 when I can drive better than most while I’m at a .18 but some 21 year old blonde college chick who shouldn’t be driving sober is allowed to have 3 white claws and drive legally even though she’s hammered at a .07?  

Outside of the alcohol argument - I agree that I am a much better driver than most people, so why can’t I go faster than the scared morons who pay no attention??

6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Outside of the alcohol argument - I agree that I am a much better driver than most people, so why can’t I go faster than the scared morons who pay no attention??

You’re a menace !!!! A danger to society!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

we’ve gotten most of our group to wear them.at first vest was uncomfortable but now feel naked without one.

also like how it keeps chest warmer on those real cold days!!

• Like 1

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/motorcyclist-accident-forces-veterans-bridge-be-shut-down/PDD4HZBM6VAENJENJ44E4B3RUU/

TOHYPBVETZHETI6W3OHF2VZOLI.png

PITTSBURGH Pa. — The Veterans Bridge on-ramp from Route 28 was shut down after a fatal motorcycle accident Wednesday afternoon.

Dispatchers confirmed that just before 1 p.m. there was a report of a motorcycle accident on the Veterans Bridge. When first responders arrived, they found a motorcyclist up on the bridge, but their bike had gone over the guide rail and dropped approximately 50 feet below onto busy Route 28.

Channel 11 News was there as officers from Pittsburgh and state police fanned out across the highway blocking traffic in both directions as they rushed that driver to the hospital and worked to figure out what caused the crash.

State police have identified the victim as Carson Glasier, 18, from Fort Myers, Florida. He was taken to UPMC Mercy where he later died from his injuries.

• USA Contributing Member

You get on a bike, sled, whatever you choose to ride you take a risk.  Just keep it under control and don't kill yourself or hurt someone else.

I can't stand when someone speaks up and wants to force excessive safety shit on people that choose to take that risk on a bike or some other toy.  

We got people at work that can't walk and chew gum that continue to harass the safety guy with their stupidity.  We had a drunkie that smacked his head out on an outdoor test stand and now we have to wear hard hats when we're out in the backyard.  Another one took the golf cart around the corner into a closed gate and made it a convertible.... they took the cart away.  Soon aside from the shoes, hat, glasses, gloves, etc I'm going to need a cup and be done up in bubble wrap. 

Sometimes you're just not able to handle the ride and have to accept that rather than take it away from others.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Buddy of mines daughter who thinks she's smarter than everyone, about 25 yrs old, never had a motorcycle, goes out and buys a brand new Sportster.  Within a week, she fails to negotiate a corner (cuz they handle like fuck and she has no skills), and slams her unhelmeted body into a granite curb.  That one cost her a week in the hospital, a kidney and her spleen, along with a sweet scar she'll have for the rest of her life.  I've owned motorcycles most of my life, and I generally avoid the street these days because of all the fucksticks looking at their phones or just not paying attention.

Need to ride where phones dont work. Around here that's Cheshire and Sullivan counties.

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I've considered a Canam Spyder, seems like it might be a little safer, absolutely no big HP. bikes the disconnect between my throttle hand and brain would mean certain death.

Everytime I see one I think riding one I couldn't help but hitting hard out of every corner.

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

Me too, so I do drive faster

• Like 1

I stopped riding street bikes in my early 20's after to many close calls with cars pulling out in front of me and animals at night. I had a few on off road bikes over the years for ridding the dirt roads. The last bike that I had was a Honda XL 650. Fun bike but the seat sucked, lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Everytime I see one I think riding one I couldn't help but hitting hard out of every corner.

They say they are much like driving a sled, all stock not sure they are breakneck performance.

27 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I just bought an Indian challenger, it's got pretty good power. I've been pretty conscience about doing anything unnecessary and getting fucked up 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I just bought an Indian challenger, it's got pretty good power. I've been pretty conscience about doing anything unnecessary and getting fucked up 

Dude , you’re old as fuck and pretty fat. What are you thinking? You’re gonna end up in a wheelchair with some fat bulldyke wiping your ass while you drool and wait for your next meal of cream a wheat or oatmeal. Your wife will be spending all your cash with her new boyfriend!!!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude , you’re old as fuck and pretty fat. What are you thinking? You’re gonna end up in a wheelchair with some fat bulldyke wiping your ass while you drool and wait for your next meal of cream a wheat or oatmeal. Your wife will be spending all your cash with her new boyfriend!!!

I know!

49 minutes ago, ckf said:

I stopped riding street bikes in my early 20's after to many close calls with cars pulling out in front of me and animals at night. I had a few on off road bikes over the years for ridding the dirt roads. The last bike that I had was a Honda XL 650. Fun bike but the seat sucked, lol.

I had dirt bikes as a kid lots of fun. Lost most trails due to development so rode a few years on a street bike. After a few close calls I went through a green light and a car ran the red. Hit the car broadside and went over the hood slid about 100 feet under a parked car. My helmet got stuck under the rear end and they had to lift the car. It pinched my head just enough so I couldn’t pull it out of the helmet. Fortunately I was OK except for road rash. Last street bike I owned. Rode friends rockets a few times but still to many idiots on the road. I can’t imagine how it is today with cell phones.

• Like 1