Check your account email address ×

The Teach Act

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

And there it is ... I thought you were ignoring @Badger**?  Dude lives rent free in your head :roflcrying:

See the thing is you're acting EXACTLY like him ,following me in threads, tagging other members(ckf usually) every time you mention them to get them in on it,calling me by my first name all the time, shots cuz I'm Canadian. He's done it all before, you're just following his pattern and in turn doing exactly what started your crying about threads in the TwilightZone of all places and continued into here. Now please just ignore this and move on, it's not like you have anything to add other than "scary guns" and calling members Karen.

16 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

What's 100 years among friends!  :bc:

Edit: most Americans don't even know!  :lol:

I appreciates that :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
54 minutes ago, ckf said:

Is this a result of today's kids growing up with the video games of today?

No corporal punishment in school, can't hit your kids in fear of a liberal phoning the cops for child abuse etc etc.

I listened to my Dad and other authority figures when I was a child in fear of getting a whipping. Kids have no fear and zero respect these days.

Edited by Steve753

19 minutes ago, HSR said:

See the thing is you're acting EXACTLY like him ,following me in threads, tagging other members(ckf usually) every time you mention them to get them in on it,calling me by my first name all the time, shots cuz I'm Canadian. He's done it all before, you're just following his pattern and in turn doing exactly what started your crying about threads in the TwilightZone of all places and continued into here. Now please just ignore this and move on, it's not like you have anything to add other than "scary guns" and calling members Karen.

Holy fucking unawareness (and paranoia, to boot).  Do you have any idea why I've referred to you as "Stalker Steve" for the past few weeks?  Here's a clue - it's not ME following YOU.  Seriously - outside of today, bring up the last month's worth of our back & forth and tell me who threw the first comment - whether it was direct or indirect.  You clearly have a void in your life, now that you put @Badger** in timeout and need someone else to stalk.  So now you gotta go after @DriftBusta or me.  Or did you  just conveniently forget those moments?  Maybe you should look at the common denominator here, and stop blaming other people for being what you are - a fucking drama queen.

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, HSR said:

Sorry was it 1787?? US history isn't my strong suit :dunno:

I didn't want to correct you...you were on a roll  :lol: 

51 minutes ago, HSR said:

Sorry was it 1787?? US history isn't my strong suit :dunno:

July 4th 1776 was declaration of independence. 

Edited by Steve753
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

No corporal punishment in school, can't hit your kids in fear of a liberal phoning the cops for child abuse etc etc.

I listened to my Dad and other authority figures when I was a child in fear of getting a whipping. Kids have no fear and zero respect these days.

we grew up in fear of parents... our own, our friends, even the neighbors.

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

pop-off-fight.gif

just let them duke it out so neither brings a 'scary gun' into the forum to shoot everyone up... 

chappelle-dave.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

See that's a point I can sink my teeth into. When we were kids we were scared shitless of ANY parent/authority figure especially when we knew we were fucking around. We NEVER called our friend parents by their first names it was always Mr. and Mrs.. Now kids just call you what the parents call you. Kids call me all the time with sled questions and use JUST my last name. Doesn't bother me but if I did that I would got a slap up back of da head when I was a kid, show respect or else.

It seems a generation of parents wanted to raise friends and not children. Kids don't need a friend they need a parent to show them discipline and that the effects of not following rules aren't going to be "fun" , at all.

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I didn't want to correct you...you were on a roll  :lol: 

:lol: Thanks :lol:

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

July 4th 1776 was declaration of independence. 

I'll study before I open my yap next time :lol:

22 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. They took the right to punish kids away from the teachers 1st and then the parents. There are no consequences for kids actions today. Hell, instead of handing out trophies for the winners, everyone gets a participation trophy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. They took the right to punish kids away from the teachers 1st and then the parents. There are no consequences for kids actions today. Hell, instead of handing out trophies for the winners, everyone gets a participation trophy.

trophy.jpg.745263f9defefe1267a8f45471fb2af4.jpg

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Could you imagine being a teacher and the "kids" are driving you fucking nuts and just before you lose your mind you remember you're packing and you've had enough! All it would take is one armed teacher to go postal and that would be the end of that silly idea.

17 minutes ago, HSR said:

It seems a generation of parents wanted to raise friends and not children. Kids don't need a friend they need a parent to show them discipline and that the effects of not following rules aren't going to be "fun" , at all.

I've told our daughter countless times I'm not her friend and will always be her father... my wife on the other hand is her friend, for which our internal code is GItmo... she'll tell the wife everything and I get redacted briefs biweekly.  :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Imagine the hell a teacher would endure for doing this... today.

E16ZTEpX0AYFu8M.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've told our daughter countless times I'm not her friend and will always be her father... my wife on the other hand is her friend, for which our internal code is GItmo... she'll tell the wife everything and I get redacted briefs biweekly.  :thumbsup:

Imagine the hell a teacher would endure for doing this... today.

E16ZTEpX0AYFu8M.jpg

Good on you man:bc:

Nowadays the Dunce cap is frowned upon, instead you have to moderate their posts :lol:

allow me to add... I served a lot of time in after school detention, in school and occasionally out of school suspension, especially in middle school.  just look how well I turned out! 

:roflcrying:

I like to sum things up with this:

It is the decline of moral and ethical integrity. 

At my company today, kicking off May as Mental Health Awareness Month. 

Day 1:  "Mindfulness Lunch and Learn"

In honor of May being the Mental Health Awareness Month, we are offering two virtual Mindfulness Sessions during a lunch break.  What is mindfulness you might ask?  Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment.

A licensed therapist will explain what it is and provide a short activity to practice mindfulness.  She will be leading the 5-minute calmness activity at the end that you can do with her or on your own at a later time.   If you are interested in joining one of these 1/2-hour sessions, please select the date/time of your choice in the link below.  Please sign up by end of day Wednesday, May 10.

:pc:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

In honor of May being the Mental Health Awareness Month, we are offering two virtual Mindfulness Sessions during a lunch break.  What is mindfulness you might ask?  Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment.

A licensed therapist will explain what it is and provide a short activity to practice mindfulness.  She will be leading the 5-minute calmness activity at the end that you can do with her or on your own at a later time.   If you are interested in joining one of these 1/2-hour sessions, please select the date/time of your choice in the link below.  Please sign up by end of day Wednesday, May 10.

Yep!  Similar things going on here, too.  You'd think they could just combine all of it ... we had "Neurodiversity Week" a few weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Yes to a level usually reserved for 3rd world countries.

So how far do you let it go before people realize that the "gun culture" in the US isn't sustainable with the level of decay we are seeing. I say the time to act is right NOW myself. I'm getting sick of seeing innocent women and children getting killed on US news every day. 

I will say with confidence that more guns is NOT the answer.

11 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

now see... having to attend that would make me want to kill EVERYONE!!!!! 

:lmao:

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yes to a level usually reserved for 3rd world countries.

So how far do you let it go before people realize that the "gun culture" in the US isn't sustainable with the level of decay we are seeing. I say the time to act is right NOW myself. I'm getting sick of seeing innocent women and children getting killed on US news every day. 

I will say with confidence that more guns is NOT the answer.

Guns aren't the problem, it's a mental health issue. When you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns.

This guy didn't use a gun back in 1995 to kill 168 people.

Timothy McVeigh