Check your account email address ×

In the latest episode of, "How woke can we be?"

Our small community school bus provider posted this earlier today.  Leave it to Minnesota, to yet again set the bar of ridiculousness!!  A couple typos in there, but you can tell what they're getting at ... kids being informed that bats and baseball cleats could be considered weapons.  Seriously, WTF!?!?!

image.png.3a31d2255bf249cc656da98798e33250.png

We used to take our shotguns to school on the bus for skeet shooting in outdoor phys Ed.  I once took my grandfather's trapdoor rifle to elementary school for show and tell... with the bayonet fixed.  Our bus driver smoked on occasion.  Those were different times.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We used to take our shotguns to school on the bus for skeet shooting in outdoor phys Ed.  I once took my grandfather's trapdoor rifle to elementary school for show and tell... with the bayonet fixed.  Our bus driver smoked on occasion.  Those were different times.

Ok Joe Biden.

did  you know his great great grandfather sold the  bricks in Ireland that are in some famous buildings there?

pretty cool

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Ok Joe Biden.

did  you know his great great grandfather sold the  bricks in Ireland that are in some famous buildings there?

pretty cool

do you actually have a point you're trying to make here?

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yeah. Your full of shit.. big embellisher just like your buddy Biden.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah. Your full of shit.. big embellisher just like your buddy Biden.

Haha….priceless.🤣

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We had a shooting club/team, archery team, bowling team, golf team, hockey team, we had people who went to school half a day and tech school the other half, all the potential weapons back then from tech school.  Shit's out of hand.... unreal

Oh wait what about the fire extinguisher on the bus?? what if I punch the driver in the side of the head and knock them out......Oh my the sky is falling

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

No mass shootings with all those evil guns around kids? 

54 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

We had a shooting club/team, archery team, bowling team, golf team, hockey team, we had people who went to school half a day and tech school the other half, all the potential weapons back then from tech school.  Shit's out of hand.... unreal

Oh wait what about the fire extinguisher on the bus?? what if I punch the driver in the side of the head and knock them out......Oh my the sky is falling

Has Pete called you a liar yet?  :lol2:

12 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

we too took guns on the bus. bring it to wood shop and refinish stock. common occurance in the 70s/80s. 

Dad was a shop teacher, kids built stocks and gun cabinets all the time.  As stated, different times.

4 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

No mass shootings with all those evil guns around kids? 

Less mental issues?

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Dad was a shop teacher, kids built stocks and gun cabinets all the time.  As stated, different times.

Less mental issues?

Definitely less mental issues, so why do we need more gun laws? Why don't we focus on mental health issues?

All this "Stuff" simply highlights the issue at hand - Mental Stability - and Monkey See Monkey Do with these mass shootings.  

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Less mental issues?

BINGO!!

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

Definitely less mental issues, so why do we need more gun laws? Why don't we focus on mental health issues?

EXACTLY!!

Just now, Mag6240 said:

All this "Stuff" simply highlights the issue at hand - Mental Stability - and Monkey See Monkey Do with these mass shootings.  

BINGO!!

EXACTLY!!

If we would quit glorifying these shooters and just say there was a shooting, x people hurt/killed, done. End of story. Don't even mention the shooters name. The whacked out attention seekers wouldn't be as motivated to leave a "legacy" behind. The more we obsess over these incidents the more it's going to happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

and seemingly no one wants to fund mental health issues...

we didn't have many high capacity mags back then that I recall, or violent video games and those of us around firearms were taught about caution, care and respect of them. 

why can an eighteen year old purchase a gun, but not beer or cigarettes? 

• Like 1

Just now, Cat45 said:

If we would quit glorifying these shooters and just say there was a shooting, x people hurt/killed, done. End of story. Don't even mention the shooters name. The whacked out attention seekers wouldn't be as motivated to leave a "legacy" behind. The more we obsess over these incidents the more it's going to happen. 

I tend to agree - there is certainly an element of "Look at me" and the copy cats out there that see this as a way to go out with a bang.... literally.  I'm not trying to imply this is the solution, but what we are doing by making these things headlines and attention grabbers is not working.

Hell, the one at the bank recently, the mom called 911 before it happened, or as it was happening, and there wasn't a damn thing anyone could have done.  Mental health was on their radar, and being treated per the mom, and the sicko still was able to do evil.

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and seemingly no one wants to fund mental health issues...

we didn't have many high capacity mags back then that I recall, or violent video games and those of us around firearms were taught about caution, care and respect of them. 

why can an eighteen year old purchase a gun, but not beer or cigarettes? 

No one wants to fund mental health but they want to take guns away? The gun laws won't make a difference, it's already illegal to do everything that a mass shooter does but it still doesn't stop them. The high cap mag bans and scary black gun bans is just another political tool to divide voters. The majority of these shootings are only a handfull of people and they would still be shot wether  the shooter had a 10rd or 30rd mag. Hell, even a revolver with a couple speedloaders would be as effective

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Everyone seems to say the blanket statement "mental issues"  Well, what is different now, vs 1980?  If more mental issues is truly the problem then what caused the problem? 

poor parenting, and coddling kids rather than discipline and respect... Imo

9 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

No one wants to fund mental health but they want to take guns away? The gun laws won't make a difference, it's already illegal to do everything that a mass shooter does but it still doesn't stop them. The high cap mag bans and scary black gun bans is just another political tool to divide voters. The majority of these shootings are only a handfull of people and they would still be shot wether  the shooter had a 10rd or 30rd mag. Hell, even a revolver with a couple speedloaders would be as effective

seems to be the case... so should we as a society keep accepting the problems or try to resolve them.  our elected officials from both parties sure don't seem capable of accomplishing anything. 

acknowledging there actually is a problem would be a great start...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

poor parenting, and coddling kids rather than discipline and respect... Imo

seems to be the case... so should we as a society keep accepting the problems or try to resolve them.  our elected officials from both parties sure don't seem capable of accomplishing anything. 

acknowledging there actually is a problem would be a great start...

So should this translate now into less criminal punishment as adults.  That seems to be the position of the current batch of democrats that constantly support less jail time and lighter punishments.  So why are they pushing these types of policies?