Check your account email address ×

In the latest episode of, "How woke can we be?"

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

poor parenting, and coddling kids rather than discipline and respect... Imo

seems to be the case... so should we as a society keep accepting the problems or try to resolve them.  our elected officials from both parties sure don't seem capable of accomplishing anything. 

acknowledging there actually is a problem would be a great start...

We should try to resolve them but taking away someone elses constitutional rights isn't the way to do it. Unfortunately being free has it's consequences. It doesn't matter what laws are passed, even outright confiscation of guns won't stop the problem. Deranged criminals are gonna do illegal stuff. 

2 hours ago, Cat45 said:

No mass shootings with all those evil guns around kids? 

we were raised by our parents, not tv or an ipad. my parents knew my whereabouts almost 99% of the time. i had a fairly strict upbringing. but i would still ride off saturday mornings with my fishing pole and be gone all day and that was fine. we had total freedom unless it was something that could lead us to trouble like big parties or even friends that had been in trouble. my dad was a gun collector and we had guns all over the house and new better than to touch them. if i asked to shoot it was no problem

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

we were raised by our parents, not tv or an ipad. my parents knew my whereabouts almost 99% of the time. i had a fairly strict upbringing. but i would still ride off saturday mornings with my fishing pole and be gone all day and that was fine. we had total freedom unless it was something that could lead us to trouble like big parties or even friends that had been in trouble. my dad was a gun collector and we had guns all over the house and new better than to touch them. if i asked to shoot it was no problem

I can relate to all of this.  And yeah, if one of my 'friends' crossed the line, that kid was off the team as far as hanging out goes.  TV?  We had the 5-6 channels, but even that was not a baby sitter for us like it is for most parents these days.

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I can relate to all of this.  And yeah, if one of my 'friends' crossed the line, that kid was off the team as far as hanging out goes.  TV?  We had the 5-6 channels, but even that was not a baby sitter for us like it is for most parents these days.

5-6 channels?  How luxurious! 

70s 80s and even 90s tv was nothing like today

Hell, half the country was mortified when JR got shot.  :roflcrying: 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

5-6 channels?  How luxurious! 

70s 80s and even 90s tv was nothing like today

Hell, half the country was mortified when JR got shot.  :roflcrying: 

we literally had one channel. no fighting over what to watch. people would talk about shows on other channels and i knew nothing. shit, i still haven't seen welcome back kotter

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

we literally had one channel. no fighting over what to watch. people would talk about shows on other channels and i knew nothing. shit, i still haven't seen welcome back kotter

didn't even need a 'clicker' back then... kids were the remote control.

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

didn't even need a 'clicker' back then... kids were the remote control.

remember the ones that actually clicked? made a snapping noise the tv recognized. man i'm getting old

image.jpeg.0fc8e13a2b10c1a0f34dcb8630f06e43.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Everyone seems to say the blanket statement "mental issues"  Well, what is different now, vs 1980?  If more mental issues is truly the problem then what caused the problem? 

Smart phones, social media, technology and lack of respect and discipline. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry 976 said:

Agreed, and it’s all been aided and abetted by higher education and as Dennis Prager so accurately described, toxic femininity.  These liberal feel good females who dominate early education and gender studies.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Agreed, and it’s all been aided and abetted by higher education and as Dennis Prager so accurately described, toxic femininity.  These liberal feel good females who dominate early education and gender studies.

14 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

The decline of moral and ethical integrity.

If I were to pull some of the shit theses kids do now a days I would not have walked right for a week.....but the again now a days someone would have called the police on my dad and he would be in jail for child abuse. A lot of theses kids/ young adults know they can get way with a lot of shit so why not push the boundaries and try to find the limits knowing nothing much is going to happen to them.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

If I were to pull some of the shit theses kids do now a days I would not have walked right for a week.....but the again now a days someone would have called the police on my dad and he would be in jail for child abuse. A lot of theses kids/ young adults know they can get way with a lot of shit so why not push the boundaries and try to find the limits knowing nothing much is going to happen to them.  

Exactly - the things my parents did to keep us in line would be considered child abuse these days.  Funny how that's working out...

Just now, Mag6240 said:

Exactly - the things my parents did to keep us in line would be considered child abuse these days.  Funny how that's working out...

Yep funny and very sad. well lets see I'm pissed off at joe blow and his girlfriend so I'm going to get mom or dads gun and kill them, two friends dead, mom or dad in jail because I used their gun and now I'm in jail claiming mental illness and the gun made me do it.......... :wall:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Yep funny and very sad. well lets see I'm pissed off at joe blow and his girlfriend so I'm going to get mom or dads gun and kill them, two friends dead, mom or dad in jail because I used their gun and now I'm in jail claiming mental illness and the gun made me do it.......... :wall:

Another thing my Dad did, was he put us to work.  Most weekends by 7am he had us outside doing something.  I can still hear him "Get out of bed, there's work to be done!"

One of the best things he did was put a chainsaw and an axe in our hands.  We cut A LOT of wood growing up, as my Dad used it to heat the house.  After we piled up 15-20 chord extra one year, he put us in charge of selling it.  He said we cut it, we can sell it and take the money for college (Not the failed academies of today) where we can get an education and not grow up to be a grease monkey as he called himself (He was a very accomplished welder, one of the best at the company he worked at for 43 years).  To him, he wanted to get us out of the "blue" collar type jobs.  Well, it worked for me, I'm still sitting at a computer most days.  But I yearn for the garage time at the end of the day.... Much more fulfilling than sitting at a desk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Ok, I'm adding to my list, it's nice and warm outside today, got the windows open and I keep hearing someone yelling and swearing... WTF is going on.... a Kid/young man is playing video games online against god knows who....... Fuck, get'em, you asshole fucking kill'em, oh god how could you miss he was right there, fuck, fuck, fuck oh shit move move, jesus christ fuckkkkkkkk.............. nuts.gif.925c00006aa707634f857e31560d40dc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2023 at 6:17 PM, Bontz said:

Our small community school bus provider posted this earlier today.  Leave it to Minnesota, to yet again set the bar of ridiculousness!!  A couple typos in there, but you can tell what they're getting at ... kids being informed that bats and baseball cleats could be considered weapons.  Seriously, WTF!?!?!

image.png.3a31d2255bf249cc656da98798e33250.png

We better inform the Twins:  bats in public are bad.

A8481972-94B8-4089-B183-A6B0F97B5C24.jpeg

• Haha 1