Check your account email address ×

Cost of living in Florida.

• Gold Member

My family down there likes to claim cost of living is lower in FL. But everytime im down there for a week or so I notice their groceries are just as much if not more than here in CT. 

Houses and land is not any cheaper either. Insurance etc.  Its not like it use to be 30 years ago. 

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

My family down there likes to claim cost of living is lower in FL. But everytime im down there for a week or so I notice their groceries are just as much if not more than here in CT. 

Houses and land is not any cheaper either. Insurance etc.  Its not like it use to be 30 years ago. 

My sister and brother in law sold their home near palm coast for several of the reasons he cited. The main reason was the hassle of storm damage and trying to find a decent contractor. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Shocked at how much homes have increased there in 10 yrs.

• Like 1

Went thru Fort Myers beach a couple times last week. I was amazed how some houses were torn to shreds while the big money houses were already fixed. Couldn’t even tell

Daughter was paying $1600 a month for single bedroom apartment in st Pete.

gated community nice neighborhood.

last time I was down there thought prices were about same as here.

building housing as fast as they can and filling them just as fast!

LOL, a hit piece on florida before an election where the Governor is running for POTUS, pushed by a democrat on a snowmobile forum. 

Lets not forget this is the same place that disney recently was having issues because of their "woke" agenda. 

When will we see the hit piece on Texas???  Oh wait, that was tuesday by another democrat on this site.  Almost like there is a narrative or agenda being followed.

Wake up SHEEP.

image.thumb.png.8a9ea109c70cf6bf0dcf225986d9fc19.pngLets

Edited by racer254

Not sure how property taxes would compare but no state income tax would save me beaucoup bucks. 

• Gold Member

Nice to visit but it’s to hot and humid if I wanna be in constant heat I’d rather live in the southwest with no humidity.

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not sure how property taxes would compare but no state income tax would save me beaucoup bucks. 

They get their money one way or another. We got no income or sales tax here and pay plenty.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Florida is a shithole

How did I know that was coming from You......9_9

Oh thats right you say something negative every time FL comes up .:lol:

On 11/12/2022 at 8:59 PM, Mainecat said:

Florida is a shithole

On 7/25/2022 at 5:40 PM, Mainecat said:

Good for him. I hope he lives forever. Florida still sucks bag….always has.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:32 PM, Mainecat said:

Clue….only morons live in Florida.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:07 AM, Mainecat said:

Florida is horrible 

On 11/10/2021 at 4:01 PM, Mainecat said:

Florida is shaped like a limp dick for a reason.

On 2/17/2021 at 6:04 PM, Mainecat said:

The longer this goes on the more it exposes the republicans that control Texas are to blame.

Texas like Florida is another moron shithole.

On 2/12/2021 at 3:46 PM, Mainecat said:

Florida is a shithole

On 11/16/2018 at 6:56 PM, Mainecat said:

Florida is where Republicans go to die.

On 11/13/2022 at 8:21 AM, Mainecat said:

Once again Florida is a crowded shithole. Why would I care about people moving from Maine to Florida?

Pay attention Jethro

:lol:

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

If it had a dem governor he would be singing a different tune. 

So predictable :lol:

• Like 2

Just like every other state. Stay away from the Democrat controlled areas and you will be just fine.  The only issue for me is the traffic, hard to get used to coming where I am from. 

Your 100,000 Silverado will still look brand new 5 years from now, instead of sweeping it down the driveway. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

If it had a dem governor he would be singing a different tune. 

So predictable :lol:

Imagine writing off a whole State just because of politics :lol:

What miserable repetitive old man . 

Gubments always get their money.  Texas has no state income tax.  I pay $9K a year property taxes here in WI while my brother pays $15K a year on a home with the same taxable value.  While $6K difference does not make up for the state income taxes I pay it does get more than made up for in the 8.25% sales tax he pays for everything he buys vs 5.5% here.  

Add in the fact that it's hotter than hell there, water is an issue, electricity is fucking off the charts expensive (his electric bills for AC from May to October run $800 a month) and the fact that californians fleeing their completely fucked up dumbocratic state makes it one of the last places I would voluntarily move to.  I spend enough time there for business that I am happy to leave when finished.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, racer254 said:

LOL, a hit piece on florida before an election where the Governor is running for POTUS, pushed by a democrat on a snowmobile forum. 

Lets not forget this is the same place that disney recently was having issues because of their "woke" agenda. 

When will we see the hit piece on Texas???  Oh wait, that was tuesday by another democrat on this site.  Almost like there is a narrative or agenda being followed.

Wake up SHEEP.

image.thumb.png.8a9ea109c70cf6bf0dcf225986d9fc19.pngLets

Nobody needs to do a hit piece on Florida’s governor. We just sit back and let Trump do it. Fuck you’re dense. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Just like every other state. Stay away from the Democrat controlled areas and you will be just fine.  The only issue for me is the traffic, hard to get used to coming where I am from. 

Your 100,000 Silverado will still look brand new 5 years from now, instead of sweeping it down the driveway. 

Yup my Brother in law is always getting cool older Cars and trucks for cheap . 

They may have a ton of miles but the body and frame are always mint. 

24 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice to visit but it’s to hot and humid if I wanna be in constant heat I’d rather live in the southwest with no humidity.

They get their money one way or another. We got no income or sales tax here and pay plenty.

I've been to Florida probably 20-30 times testing equipment of which at least half were in July/August.   Fucking miserable. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I've been to Florida probably 20-30 times testing equipment of which at least half were in July/August.   Fucking miserable. 

Yup lol. We made that mistake once July Naples never again. Can’t even enjoy the beach cause the sands like 2000 degree lava 😂

22 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

My opinion dick breath.

Lmao…you will never get your time back wasted searching for my old posts.

I WIN you dipshit.

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup lol. We made that mistake once July Naples never again. Can’t even enjoy the beach cause the sands like 2000 degree lava 😂

I love Siesta Key that time of year.   Sand is like baby powder and stays cool to the touch even in 100 deg heat.   I love when the ocean is upper 80's low 90's.   

The sand on most beaches is composed of a mix of quartz, coral and other minerals, which can give the sand a coarser texture and a darker color. However, on Siesta Key the sand is 99% quartz, which means that it is always silky in texture and cool to the touch even during the hottest summer days.

• Thanks 1