Check your account email address ×

Doomed

• Gold Member

I love putting up powerlines to new green energy producing facilities.  Tons of aluminum and steel in the air.  Then you plant a 60-80 year old tree treated with a chemical that you can't pronounce and you drive by that area a year later and the ground around the pole is black around where each pole is, as the chemical drains out of the poles into the ground.  Then you think about all the other chemicals and shit introduced into the enviroment to have green energy.  Some nasty shit for sure.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I won't hold my breath. They have been sold so many times that nobody will be responsible for the clean up. There is stuff that is so bad the govt is withholding it from the public because of the liability. We in the business know, but it isn't talked about publicly. 

It cant be that bad .....its just some heavy metals. Nothing radioactive for the most part :lol:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It cant be that bad .....its just some heavy metals. Nothing radioactive for the most part :lol:

It's not radioactive. But known carcinogens and lots of them. And you wouldn't believe where some of the highest concentrations have wound up... :news:

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I blow a hydraulic hose on a small machine you'd think the resulting quart of two or lost oil is gonna end mankind as we know.....listening to my State DEP with all their forms and procedures regarding said hose blowout.

Based on that I can't imagine the EPA and State enviro agencies are "allowing" pollution from a big old factory the way some describe it.  

Edited by Im4snow

1 minute ago, Anler said:

It's not radioactive. But known carcinogens and lots of them. And you wouldn't believe where some of the highest concentrations have wound up... :news:

see .....we should have been taking a % of the profits these mills made for generations to mitigate the environmental impacts after they are shut

1 minute ago, Im4snow said:

I blow a hydraulic hose on a small machine you'd think the resulting quart of two or lost oil is gonna end mankind as we know.....listening to my State DEP with all their forms and procedures regarding said hose blowout.

Based on that I can't imagine the EPA and State enviro agencies are "allowing" pollution from a big old factory they way some describe it.  

I wouldnt think so either ......we are allowed 0 emissions at our plant ....we cant even have holes in the roofs of the buildings

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Hopefully in Bens colon.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wouldnt think so either ......we are allowed 0 emissions at our plant ....we cant even have holes in the roofs of the buildings

Same with the factory i worked at....they had all these filters on the machines that used to catch fire periodically...what a shit show. :lol:

Edited by Dave

It's funny on the first earth day the earth was supposedly cooling, we all should still be ridding our 300 inch long track turbo dirty carbon puffing please warm up the planet of we are going to freeze sleds. :guzzle: 

Maybe this was posted IDK but I was reading were one of the co-founders of earth day killed and tried to compost his girlfriend :flush: 

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Anler said:

The earth is severely polluted and everyone should take that seriously. Nobody is going to predict an ice age or a super heated environmental. But can we stop living in the trash pile in the mean time?

Regardless where you stand on MMGW, reducing pollution is a no brainer.

And 50 years from now people will be reading the prognostications of the so called experts today and laughing at the stupidity and inaccuracy of them. They will be thinking, gee, why isn't the planet a vast wasteland like the doom and gloomers of today are predicting that government is eating up so well so that they can tax everyone to death.

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Regardless where you stand on MMGW, reducing pollution is a no brainer.

No one would argue otherwise.  Letting EPA grow into an out of control bureaucratic albotross, around industry's neck is another matter.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No one would argue otherwise.  Letting EPA grow into an out of control bureaucratic albotross, around industry's neck is another matter.

the EPA certainly needed to be chopped off at the knees.....its too bad we have to go from one extreme to another though

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Agreed 100%

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the EPA certainly needed to be chopped off at the knees.....its too bad we have to go from one extreme to another though

Indeed.  I'm big time environment also.  But I think this only feels like an extreme swing back because it was so far out of control in the left field.  I mean ridiculousness to the maximum max stifling growth at every turn.  "Obamanomics".

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Agreed 100%

Indeed.  I'm big time environment also.  But I think this only feels like an extreme swing back because it was so far out of control in the left field.  I mean ridiculousness to the maximum max stifling growth at every turn.  "Obamanomics".

How are you a big time environmentalist?

29 minutes ago, Im4snow said:

How are you a big time environmentalist?

Environment "guy".  Not "environmentalist".  I think everyone should try, by all reasonable means, to keep things as clean and preserved in as close to a natural state as possible knowing we cannot keep them in perfect and naturally pristine conditions everywhere and all the time.  However, my own hypocrisy only goes so far.  SOOOOO, I think some should try a much, much harder...so I can try a bit less. :lol:

Good 'nuff?