Check your account email address ×

2023 Formula 1

Rumor mill is swirling that there may be change coming to Aston. 

Lawrence may be looking to sell his share on it, which I would think means Lance is left looking for a seat. 

A Saudi fund of some sort is the potential buyer.  

• Like 1

As a Canadian I supported Lance as long as I could. 

When I saw him push his trainer, that was it, time for the little shit to go!

An old man, a great one, has dominated him in the same car.

AM could be third and maybe second in the championship with a competent driver.

• Like 1

Max walks away with a 3rd world championship.  McLaren seems to have their shit back together and Piastri/Norris had a great weekend.  Merc and Ferrari... seem to be struggling.  I was happy to see Bottas in the points as he's a far better racer than he gets credit for.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

As a Canadian I supported Lance as long as I could. 

When I saw him push his trainer, that was it, time for the little shit to go!

An old man, a great one, has dominated him in the same car.

AM could be third and maybe second in the championship with a competent driver.

Yep…I was reading about this and then I saw an interview with Lance where he came across as a petulant spoiled brat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hamilton and Leclerc are disqualified from the USGP due to excessively worn rear skid blocks. This will arise from a rear ride height setting that is too low. BUT why would they end up with too low of a rear ride height?  🧵

It could be any combination of the following.
1. The rear suspension was too soft
2. The rear suspension was too low
The rear ride height is your main "adjustment dial" for putting the rear ride height in the optimal window for downforce generation. This setting varies depending on the nature of the circuit (high speed corners vs low speed corners)

A lower rear ride height is also good for reducing drag on a given car. 5mm of RRH can translate to a few kph - which is serious!

Was this malicious? No. I don't think so
They were trying to set up the car as best as they possibly could, but they just ended up slightly too low on the rear.

They only had a SINGLE free practice session to setup the car, and may not have done a proper high fuel run.

Keep in mind the skid wear limit is 1mm.
In order to wear away 1mm of the legality skid, you need to be more than 1mm too low.

But the skid wear is a very cut-and-dry legality issue, just like fuel samples etc.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sael said:

Hamilton and Leclerc are disqualified from the USGP due to excessively worn rear skid blocks. This will arise from a rear ride height setting that is too low. BUT why would they end up with too low of a rear ride height?  🧵

The rear ride height is your main "adjustment dial" for putting the rear ride height in the optimal window for downforce generation. This setting varies depending on the nature of the circuit (high speed corners vs low speed corners)

A lower rear ride height is also good for reducing drag on a given car. 5mm of RRH can translate to a few kph - which is serious!

They were trying to set up the car as best as they possibly could, but they just ended up slightly too low on the rear.

They only had a SINGLE free practice session to setup the car, and may not have done a proper high fuel run.

In order to wear away 1mm of the legality skid, you need to be more than 1mm too low.

But the skid wear is a very cut-and-dry legality issue, just like fuel samples etc.

Too many stupid rules

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sael said:

no shit... ?

we were out of town so I caught the race on ESPN last night and left it there.

what was the story on Alonso running the old aero package if anyone knows?

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no shit... ?

we were out of town so I caught the race on ESPN last night and left it there.

what was the story on Alonso running the old aero package if anyone knows?

Alonso tried the new package and didn't make it out of Q1 for the 1st time this year.  So he went back to the old package.

That old man sure has the passion still :thumbsup:

• Like 2

can't watch qualifying live on demand because we don't have ESPNews.... WTF? 

jesus H christ... we have the ESPN app on the Roku, pay for ESPN and ESPN2 via Charter and still can't watch?

aRRRRRRRRgh, these cocksuckers!!!!

:umad: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

can't watch qualifying live on demand because we don't have ESPNews.... WTF? 

jesus H christ... we have the ESPN app on the Roku, pay for ESPN and ESPN2 via Charter and still can't watch?

aRRRRRRRRgh, these cocksuckers!!!!

:umad: 

It’s a fucking racket.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

looks as though I'll be flipping back and forth between the Packer/Viking game and Moto GP on CNBC as ESPN won't broadcast the race until this evening at 7:30CST... those mf'ers.   :(

If you have an antenna, it's on channel 9-abc live..Pre race is on now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

good run... Max with a 14 second gap, yikes.  Lando had a great drive but not enough time and too bad for Checo

i think more telling is the fastest lap of the race was set by Hamilton.  Should be interesting next few races to see if Merc finally gets there car back on track.  This year is over but I can see a different land scape next year.

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

i think more telling is the fastest lap of the race was set by Hamilton.  Should be interesting next few races to see if Merc finally gets there car back on track.  This year is over but I can see a different land scape next year.

true... but Max and Red Bull have shit wrapped up and he was on cruise control.  I was surprised Lando didn't get a fastest lap, but he was constantly in traffic, unlike Lewis with 14 seconds of cleaner air, running mediums and just being Lewis.  McClaren has been a surprise since the summer break, Ferrari is there but not there it seems and Aston Martin with Fernando was looking good, and is now running with Haas, Alfa and Williams.

RB as a team with Verstappen behind the wheel, just seems unstoppable.   

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

true... but Max and Red Bull have shit wrapped up and he was on cruise control.  I was surprised Lando didn't get a fastest lap, but he was constantly in traffic, unlike Lewis with 14 seconds of cleaner air, running mediums and just being Lewis.  McClaren has been a surprise since the summer break, Ferrari is there but not there it seems and Aston Martin with Fernando was looking good, and is now running with Haas, Alfa and Williams.

RB as a team with Verstappen behind the wheel, just seems unstoppable.   

I just think that Merc got the car wrong which has happened before but taken as whole Merc has a pretty good record. I still think Hamilton is better than Verstapen and I think some of the names Like Alonso and even Riccardo could make for a good next season. Red bull has a dominant car this year but the winds change pretty fast in F1.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I just think that Merc got the car wrong which has happened before but taken as whole Merc has a pretty good record. I still think Hamilton is better than Verstapen and I think some of the names Like Alonso and even Riccardo could make for a good next season. Red bull has a dominant car this year but the winds change pretty fast in F1.

lol... didn't Daniel 'soft retire' last year? 

is Kimi coming back next year too?  he's the funniest f'er out there... :lolz:

Merc under Toto has had a phenomenal record, and there's days I wonder when Lewis will hang up his driving gloves and open a slot for the likes of Piastri, Lando, Gasly, Russell, Sainz... there's some talent coming up and people bounce around.