Check your account email address ×

President Carter to receive hospice care

ckf

ATLANTA (Feb. 18, 2023) — After a series of short hospital stays, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter today decided to spend his remaining time at home with his family and receive hospice care instead of additional medical intervention. He has the full support of his family and his medical team. The Carter family asks for privacy during this time and is grateful for the concern shown by his many admirers.

https://www.cartercenter.org/news/pr/2023/statement-on-president-carters-health.html

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He is a good decent man and I hope his final days are as peaceful and  pain free as possible.🙏🏻

lousy president, one hell of a humanitarian, let his final days be filled with peace and the love of his family

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

at least he can cross over knowing that he is no longer the worst president thanks to Biden

I think every president that came after him is markedly worse. He had his failings but he genuinely seemed like the last decent man in office. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think every president that came after him is markedly worse. He had his failings but he genuinely seemed like the last decent man in office. 

and didn't use his office to get rich off the backs of the american people

• Like 1

He taught Sunday school at his home church in Plains for many years until just a couple years ago.  It was first come first serve so people would line up outside hours beforehand to get in.    Even into his 90s he had a sharp mind.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Same can be said for Reagan. Best president in my time by a mile.

Yah , massive debt and amnesty for 1 million illegals. Iran contra and countless instances of corruption. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Yup....and he was after Carter ..one of the better economies we ever saw

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Like 1

I remember in 2015 when he was diagnosed with brain cancer. My wife was running a private practice for a surgeon. We were over at his house and he was telling me the kind of cancer he has you would be lucky to make another 6 months once it is diagnosed. Makes you wonder. 

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Reagan oversaw the most corrupt administration in recent history per number of felony convictions. He also put a nail in the coffin of pensions with new legislation. Reagan was never a friend the common man. Having a decent pension is amazing. Ask any UPS employee.  

• Haha 1